Sunday, January 31, 2021

Stenciled Prayers

Hello again. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. I've been sleeping weird hours, I lay down to rest my neck when I have to so I'm no longer on a 24-hour clock. Good thing I'm retired and house bound, huh? My ankle was doing great for awhile but it's been grumbling lately, too. Honey's fixing steak and baked potatoes tonight, though, so I'm getting this posted and then rest a bit so I'll be up in time to eat it. 

The card I'm sharing today is attached to sad circumstances. One of my school friends had a bad stroke and is in the ICU in Houston. She can't talk but can sign with one hand. Thank God she knows how. I played jax and Chinese jump rope mornings before elementary school with her. She taught my daughter 2nd grade. It's going to be a long haul back God willing and she needs strength, courage and fight. I wanted a get well card that was upbeat in look but conveyed she is loved and prayed for. She's not a frilly girl so I decided on bright shapes.

I used this Split Coast Stampers sketch SC182 with a few changes. My squares are stenciled instead of paper and my center shape is a butterfly instead of a square. Otherwise, I stayed true. ;-)

The 5.75-inch square card base and front are all white card stock colored by Distress Oxides. I inked the bottom mat with some Tumbled Glass and then stenciled over it with some Wilted Violet using Stamplorations' Checker stencil. Then over that with some Picked Raspberries using Funky Fossil's Blocks in Perspective stencil. I dried it with my heat gun after every layer.

I cut a butterfly using the largest Spellbinders Nested Butterflies die, inked it with Spun Sugar DO followed by stenciling Picked Raspberries using Funky Fossil's Sweet Hearts stencil (drying each layer). I stamped the Hero Arts "prayers" using Wilted Violet DO on white card stock, heat embossing and then die cutting it. The smaller sentiments are also in the stamp and die set and were stamped and cut in strips by hand. 

Inside I papered both sides with matching papers from Basic Grey 6x6 Euphoria pad. I cut a heart using a Spellbinders Nested Hearts die and stamped more sentiments and hearts from the Hero Arts set on it.

On the back I've used another sheet of the BG Euphoria and a scrap strip with my stamped, heat-embossed and punched Technique Tuesday siggie.

And a final look. Thanks so much for visiting me today and I hope we all have a wonderful week ahead. xoxo

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
1.   Country View Challenges January: Squares -- I used a Stamplorations Checkers stencil, which is all squares, on the background.
2.   Stamplorations January Stencil Challenge: AG -- #1/3 I used Stamplorations' 6x6 Checkers stencil on background.  
https://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2021/01/january-stencil-challenge.html
3.   The Sisterhood of Crafters 1/27-2/7: Create Your Own Background -- #1/3 I used 2 stencils to create mine.
4.   Inkspirational Challenge #231: Photo Inspiration -- Using the purple and blue on my stenciled background  
5.   Try it on Tuesday: Winter Blues -- I've used some blue in my background.
8.   Paper Funday #25: AG + Opt. Use Blue -- #2/4  Option played!
10. NBUS #22: AG with Never Before Used Schtuff -- (10 challenges max) All 3 stencils were broken in on this make, as well as the Hero Arts Prayers stamps and die set.

12 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Lovely card with a nice color combo. Sending prayers for you and your friend for a speedy recovery for you both. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenges and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna, DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Aimeslee, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. A stroke can have so many potential implications and I hope your friend recovers from this. Your card is beautiful and a perfect reflection of this situation. Send prayers to both you and her.

Corrie Herriman said...

Hope your friend will get better ! lovely card. Thank you for your contribution to our January Challenge 'squares' over at Country VIew Challenges! Corrie x

ahlers5 said...

This is such a lovely card. I'm sure she will appreciate it. I hope she heels quickly. I need to go to Splitcoast and check out their layouts. I have never really used one.

Mia said...

A really beautiful card, Aimeslee! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh do take care of yourself! What a sad thing to happen to your friend - I hope she makes a speedy recovery! I'm sure this will cheer her up! As I forgot to say Thank you in the last post I will doubly thank you for your entries at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs, Chrisx

Darlene said...

This is just fabulous my friend! Hope the ankle is doing better! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Monica C. said...

So sorry to read about your friend, Aimeslee! I am sure your pretty card will be a good boost of spirits. I also have that Hero Arts stamp and die set and I love to use it.
Hugs Monica

CraftyGirl said...

I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

Mrs.B said...

Such sad news about your friend, I wish her a full and speedy recovery and I'm surere your card will cheer her. And you, still having problems with your neck, do take care of yourself and rest is probably the best cure.
Thanks for your continued support at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx

Shauna said...

What a fun card! I like how you paired different patterns and colors. Thanks so much for playing at Inkspirational!
- Shauna