Monday, February 1, 2021

February Anything Goes Love to Craft Challenge #55

 Good Monday morning! It's February! That means time for my Design Team sample at Love to Craft Challenge #55 which goes live today and lasts all this month. You can enter up to 5 projects as long as they are family-friendly and not all digital. Go have a look at what my teamies have made for your inspiration and join in the fun!

My sample make is a birthday card for a relative who loves classic beautiful things. I love the look on this woman's face, hahaha. It could also make a good snarky card with the right humor if you could ignore the beauty of it. I chose the Basic Grey Boxer designer papers because they went with the image well. Even though this is a busy look, the patterns blend together. I wanted to make it look delicate and beautiful, and I'm happy with the result, especially as I had to keep it flat for mailing.

   
I used this Split Coast Stampers sketch SC207 from years ago because the focal layer #3 fit my focal image almost perfectly and I had some delicate laces I wanted to use for the 4 strip elements of the sketch.

I used a gorgeous Gecko Galz image as my focal point and a My Favorite Things hand-stamped sentiment cut out of a white card stock scrap with a Lawn Fawn Everyday Banner die. For the sketch's four strip elements, I layered some of my mom's beatufiul pale pink lace over cream colored foam lace for each element. I popped up the focal image slightly after adhering it to a sturdy card stock backing. The BG Boxer paper is cut the full width of the 6x6" card base.

Detail touch: I was really lucky to find this Prima blossom in my flower stash. It matches the focal image so well. I place it in the corner where it looked like a natural extension of the vine in the image. I bradded the blossom with a rhinestone brad blank but placed a Viva Decor Pearl Pen dot in the blank as it matched the image's rose color well. Behind it I placed a very pale pink half paper flower fan I'd been saving forever. I believe it is Chatterbox but don't quote me. :-) 

   
For the inside of the card, I lined the right wide with another sheet of the BG Boxer paper and over that a piece of old skool typewriter paper on which I hand-stamped a Uniko birthday sentiment. For the back, another sheet of the BG Boxer with a scrap from the inside and a Hero Arts siggie cut using a Spellbinders label die.

And a final look. Thanks for visiting and have a great Monday! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.   TFJB Challenge 1/20-2/2: So Delicate -- (10 challenges max)
4.   Gecko Galz Feb. Customer Blog Challenge: Love Through the Ages -- I used Sept. 2020's freebie image. 

14 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOWEE! This is STUNNING Aimeslee, absolutely love everything about this card.
Keep safe
Faith x

ahlers5 said...

This is just beautiful! I love the pale pink lace from your mom. I have my grandmother's button collection. I used to use them a lot on cards, but now I usually prefer not to use buttons because of the bulk. My grandmother never got rid of a piece of clothing without taking the buttons off. Some are from the forties and before. I love them. I need to go visit more of your posts. Life has been so very busy I haven't gotten to comment a whole lot this past week. Everything here is going haywire. Our big screen TV broke, one of the garage door openers broke and the car that's parked under it, the battery died. We are having quite the run of luck lately!

sarascloset said...

That's a beautiful image alright and so pretty on your card; I think it works perfectly with those papers. And I have to agree; it's just begging for a snarky comment! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Thanks again for sharing your card with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge blog!

Suze said...

Fab card Aimeslee. It is always a challenge trying to keep cards flat for posting yet still making them interesting. You have done a great job with both. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a truly beautiful card! You're going to have me searching for that image now too! I have enjoyed a good and long overdue catch up here today! I hope you are staying safe - I have an appointment for my Covid vaccination this week...YAY! Big Hugs,Chrisx

MS Kraft Store said...

WOW..!! It's so Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs,
Mifta.
Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge

Leslie said...

This is gorgeous! Love Gecko Galz images - was on her DT a few years back. Great take on that awesome sketch, too!

Monica C. said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous. I am not a huge fan of vintage, but I really like what you have done here. There is great detail to look at, but not overwhelming. Great job.
Hugs Monica

Jenny Marples said...

Such a beautiful vintage style card Aimeslee with lovely lace touches. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog xx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card loe the vintage image,P.paper and lace
Carol x

Karen Dunbrook said...

how beautiful and so elegant
xx Karen

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Aimeslee.
Lou xo

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

Carole J said...

A stunning and beautifully crafted card, Aimeslee! Love the papers and pretty lace that match this gorgeous image. Thank you for joining the Gecko Galz challenge this month! xx