Thursday, January 28, 2021

She's Playing Your Song

 Hello Friends, hope your week is skipping along...and you sang a little song... . Speaking of songs, I have a birthday card that hopefully makes you sing along heeheehee. :-)

I guess this is another of my "concept" cards, which usually happens because I get this end result in my head and try to recreate. Often as not, NOT. But hey, lol, most of the results are a-okay, just not what I'd envisioned, so no harm no foul. The look of this card began with a challenge at The Library Challenge where Marina displays a book and you can be inspired by it's cover, title or story. 

Here's the current challenge book  and I love love love the cover. So using what I had, I took inspiration from it! 

I only have one piano player stamp, this one by Deep Red Stamps called Piano Solo. I combined her with Polkadoodles Peeling Paint and SEI Couture designer papers, Quickutz Squeeze music notes die cuts and MoodTape, Stampabilities and Hero Arts stamps.


  
I needed a sketch and when I saw TSOT's optional twist was to include a musical item, I figured it was fate, especially since I could position my piano girl in the center. 

The Polkadoodles papers are all wooden plank fences colored in the prettiest cools. I used one of the lightest sheets to stamp the focal on. Then I framed her in a scrap of black card stock and added a green-gold gauzy ribbon. I colored the image with my Promarkers. 

On some deli paper, I stamped the MoodTape music bar and heat-embossed it. I adhered it to the Peeling Paint base mat, then adhered my matted focal point. I fussy cut flowers from the SEI Couture papers and arranged and tucked on each side of the focal. Stamped the sentiment and adhered that, then added my notes. Last thing was the stamped and fussy-cut party hat the girl is wearing. It has a wee bit of Wink of Stella on it, of course!

Inside, I stamped sentiments from Verve Visuals and Avery Elle.

And the back has sheet from SEI Couture and a few of Polkadoodles scraps.

And a final view. Thanks so much for visiting and I hope your weekend plans are comfy and cozy! Until next time, XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.  Double Trouble #75: Ka-Zoo Along with TSOT -- Thing 1 and Thing 2 played, but not Thing 3
  
3.   The Library Challenge #75: A Room with a View -- I used the cover of the book for my visual inspiration, choosing the sketch, papers/colors and stamp with it in mind. I really like the book cover art! 
4.   Try it on Tuesdays: Winter Blues -- used cool blues
5.   Inkspirational #231: Photo -- I added the blue/teal/turquoise/aqua in this challenge photo to my book cover of purple for a combined inspiration.  
7.   More Mixed Media Jan: AG + Opt BLUE -- Option played
9.   Simply Create Too #166: Favorite Color Combo -- #1/3  Purples and blues are my absolute favorites
10. Die Cut Divas Rachel Vass Designs January: Frame It -- #2/5 I framed my focal image in black and used music notes dies.

24 comments:

Monica C. said...

I love it! The piano girl in the middle depicts the book challenge really well. The colors work so well too, going from teal to purple.
Hugs Monica

Heather said...

Wow, what an amazing combo of challenges! Great job! Love the unusual elements combined together! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

Great card, Aimeslee! You indeed met the requirement in BOTH Try Stampin' on Tuesday and Double Trouble for a music themed card!!! I like the color planks paper as you background. Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us!!! -Donna

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fun birthday card, Aimeslee!! Just love the girl playing piano with all the musical notes sprinkled around!! So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas!! Linda Diva DT

Maia said...

Hi Aimislee
So nice you found my blog, thank you for your sweet comment on my altered cd envelope card.
You made a gorgeous card too! So good to work with a sketch or a challenge, your card realy goes well with that pretty book cover!
Youalso explained your proces of making it so well, love that.
Greetings frothed Netherlands
Maia

Marina said...

This is fun and really, really clever s- so perfect for the book cover. Love the purple and teal woodgrain background and the strip of ribbon which grounds it. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenge and at The Library.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I really, really like this card. The colours are just so beautiful. The colourful planks are so unique. The flowers you took inspiration for are very clever. You managed to incorporate them so pleasingly along with the piano player. Boy, do I wish we lived closer together. It would be so fun to learn from you.

Bonnie said...

Not sure what part I like best: the party hat add or the fussy cut flowers. They all combine to make one fun filled scene. Congrats on your inspiring creation.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! what a stunning and beautiful card with such a creative mind set on it. Love the images, as if they were made to go together. LOVE love the colour combo Aimeslee. Fabulous.
Faith x

AlisonC said...

I watched a film about Helen Reddy and then had all her songs in my head. Happy days. Anyway, great card. I love this book and your card is fab. The bold flowers, the background, the colours. The actual book cover is beautiful. xxx

Melanie Hungerford said...

I just love your use of the book cover and how you incorporated the music theme for our Double Trouble Challenge. All the added details are wonderful too. Thanks for joining in with us!

Rain said...

Oh your card is just beautiful! I feel like that could be me! :)

Leslie said...

Very cool! The colors and those gorgeous flowers really grab you! Love it!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Aimeslee, love the image and you've framed her beautifully with the music notes and fussy cut flowers.
A cool idea to give here a party hat too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday, Avril x

My name is Erika. said...

That is a fun card Aimeslee. I love that girl at the piano. I have stamp similar to that, and I guess I need too dig mine out. It works so well on your card. Loving all the blues! Thanks for sharing with us at Try It on Tuesday. Stay safe. Hugs-Erika

Arlene said...

What a fun card. It's one that makes you feel happy! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Frame It" challenge. Arlene - DT.

Alyson Mayo said...

I just love the colours in this card. The flowers around the lower half are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at both TSOT and Double Trouble :)

ahlers5 said...

This is just gorgeous. O love the piano and girl playing. What a perfect birthday card. And, of course, all the elements go so well together!

foleysfriend said...

Amazing card! There is so much to admire. I love the ombre effect on the background. The white flowers make it seem so festive and I like the "happy birthday to you" repeated with the music notes. I'm sure I can hear her playing that song. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Aimeslee, you did have me singing along as I was reading the sentiment! lol Love your piano girl! I haven't played my piano in ages and am starting to miss it (we're redoing some of our house so it isn't easily accessible). Great take on our sketch and the music theme! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I absolutely adore this card - the main image is complemented so well with those delicate flowers! Hugs, Chrisx

cass said...

Gorgeous card and I love your colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too for our "Favourite colour combo" Challenge.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great combination of challenges, and love that you used a square card for the TSOT sketch... perfect interpretation. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and TSOT.

Marina said...

This has been featured as a ‘Librarian’s Choice’. Thank you for sharing it at The Library.