Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Peace on Earth

 Greetings! I hope you are all doing well. The other day I shared a card made with an upcycled embossing folder backing I jokingly renamed *designer paper*. Well, daggumit if I didn't save another  one and throw it into the Christmas papers. Found it and yup, had to use it, made another CAS-y card. Thanks, Darice! 

I made this on a cold and grey day. Only thing missing was the snow. Anyway, I LOVE all the grey with the white. I cut a 5x7" card base from Recollections card stock and then pulled out my huge KI Memories paper collection to find a couple of sheets from their 2004 (!) Winter 12x12 designer paper collection. That was the year I went online to discover and learn about scrapbooking, so they are some of my first purchases. I also used some of my very old vinyl photo corners, from the 70's, lol. It's may be hard to see, but the corners of the paper are cut with a Fiskars punch.

 
I used Split Coast Stampers sketch SC271 for my layout, just making a few minor adjusts but keeping all the elements in the same basic places.

Here you can see a bit of the shine this card gives off. I added little dots of Frosted Lace Stickles in the centers of the little white snowflakes that I bought on Amazon (and have almost used all of them). I also added a ground line of snow with the Stickles.

The KIMemories paper has a shimmer as well and feels like opaque heavy vellum. The snowflakes' colorings are soft and muted, so I thought the paper would compliment the grey image without competing with it. 

I used a Papertrey Ink sentiment to stamp in Watering Can grey Archival ink on a Clear Dollar Stamps tab die cut. 


  
The inside sentiment is also Papertrey Ink. For the back, I used a busier KI paper from the same collection along with a striped strip I had stored in the KI scraps. A Hero Arts stamped and punched siggie is on top.

A final view. Thanks for visiting today and Stay well and safe! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
6.   ABC Christmas December: Y is for Your Favorite Things, Z is for ZZZZZ -- I think both here. Snow is one of my favorite things I hardly ever get to see, and this is such a peaceful scene and easy to snooze away in.
7.   Christmas Kickstart #44: Peace on Earth  #1/3 & 8 challenges max -- This challenge is why I made this card

8 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! The colour palette is so elegant with those snowflakes cascading down from the sky - gorgeous 😁. I hope you are keeping well and sending you happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Great job with the recycling - this looks fab! Thanks for joining Shirley and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well! aren't you the clever one? You have made a beautiful card and yes, I can see the corners, which are also very pretty. With a beautiful sentiment insert and back page too, who could want for more? Love it.
Faith x

Leslie said...

I really like this! Love me some snow and we still have some on the ground from several days ago! Such a pretty background and elements!

Mandy said...

Well done for using the backing, it is the perfect image so why not use it? I would have done the same TBH

Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥
DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

shirley-bee said...

I love the grey and white colour scheme of this card, and I’m glad that our challenge inspired you. Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Kickstart.
Shirley, guest elf 🧝‍♀️

Dorte said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining the Y and Z challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Dorte x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at 12 months of Christmas cards link up and More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.