Friday, December 18, 2020

Hot Chick Birthday

Hello there! Hoping everyone is alive and kicking. I've been in a neck brace for 10 days and finally getting more time out of it. Can only craft a little but I feel like I've been sprung from jail! Only have a few more premade blog posts, so hopefully I can get some more done to share here. I do have to watch it though. Honey is my probation officer, lol. Tonight I'm sharing a birthday card that I think turned out really cute. Love the quirky Pattie's Creations digi stamp of these flamingos that I've colored with Promarkers and then given the water a brushing with clear Wink of Stella.

I added some MFT wispy cloud cover dies cut out of Springhill white card stock, then also gave the sun a good coat of yellow Wink of Stella before mounting the image on green SU card stock and adhering 4 white photo corners from my Black Hole of Stash. The ice cream cone and pineapple plastic confetti was stash as well. 


  
I used Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2's current sketch #197, resizing it to 6X6 and then flipping it horizontally in order to accommodate my sentiments.

The matted designer paper on front is so colorful and uplifting. I wished more of it could have shown. The card front sentiments came from a From the Heart digi set. As I was printing, cutting and mounting them on some pink scrap card, I remembered that the owner Faith Skrdla died in 2017. I have some cool digis of hers and I need to use them occasionally to keep her work alive in some tiny little way.

It's really hard to see the shimmer in the water so I've included this shot where you can sort of see it. Much better in the realz. ;-)

 
The inside and the back. These CAS-ual Friday sentiments go perfectly with my card front sentiments! The back has more Echo Park dp, with a strip of the green and a Hero Arts stamped and circle-punched siggie.

And a final view. I really like how this turned out. Plus, it was fun to make. I think I'm already getting tired of Winter, and it's still technically Fall! Oh dear! On the bright side, my neck is plenty warm, heehee. Thanks for visiting and stay healthy! XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
3.   Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #147: AAG -- I used sponsor digi from Pattie's Creations.  #1/
6.   Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 49: AG w/Colouring -- I used Promarkers to color my focal scene.
7.   I Love Promarkers #425: AG + Opt. Christmas -- Option not played this time
9.   ABMTTC #130  

13 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A bright and lovely card. Love the flamingos. Sorry to hear you were in a neck brace. Im so sorry sweetie. Take care.

anne said...

This is a fabulous card, love your flamingos and lovely summery colours, great flip of the sketch too, it really works. Thank you for playing along with us at SSW2
Anne SSW2-DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE your flamingos and the wonderful colourful background paper to show them off, fun sentiment too, another fabulous and perfectly finished card Aimeslee. I love Patti's images and Faith Skrdla also, she has left her legacy with many of us I believe. As for your neck brace? SO good to hear it's off, do you have to take it off for a while and then place it back on for a while?
Keep safe
Faith x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a happy bird-day card! I love the play on words and those pretty pink flamingos are perfect 😁. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Furrbster said...

This is a great card,

Thanks for sharing with us at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Pip Lewer said...

Such a bright cheerful card for a happy bird-day! Love the whole theme of the card and the twinkle you included in the water. Thanks for playing along with us this month at AAA Birthday.

Jane said...

Sparkly twinkling flamingoes are the way to go. Awesome card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Sladjana Perisic said...

Love the adorable flamingos. Thank you for joining us in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Hope to see you soon!
Donna (DT for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)

ahlers5 said...

I absolutely love this card! Thank you so much! So much detail.

Jackie Cornfield said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
We are so happy that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx Happy New Year!

Doris Klein said...

Wow... that's fantastic! I really love the tropical feeling and I love everything of your work!

Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
*GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days

mugdha gujarathi said...


such a bright and colorful card! love it. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday.

The Crafty Den said...

A really bright and happy card Aimeslee. The image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
p.s. don't forget to check out our first challenge as "Passion for Markers" which starts tomorrow at 9am x x