Monday, December 14, 2020

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

 I'm sharing an A2-size Christmas card today. The designer papers are all from Echo Park's 2019 Reflections Christmas collection which has quite a lot of vintage-style papers combined with vintage and modern style embellishments..


I used a Split Coast Stampers sketch from 2006 and took a few liberties with it after looking carefully at the Gallery and seeing that others had done what I wanted to do, namely switch the angle of #2 but not move anything else. Also, I did not use a dangly attachment between the two rectangular elements.

I hit the point of reverting to simple designs and coordinated papers for the rest of my Christmas cards many, many days ago. If you haven't noticed that. Calmer, more CAS-y. On this one, I ink edge-distressed the dp and the 3x4 subway sign styled sentiment card with VersaMagic chalk inks, added the Santa and star stickers from the sticker page that comes in the collection, outlined the tiny star stickers with my Carbon Desk Fountain Pen and applied Star Dust Stickles to the stars and sentiment card snowflake.  You can hopefully see the twinkle-y goodness in the above photo. I also added some sparkly lines to Santa's lantern with my Sakura Stardust gel pen.

The back's got the same paper as the front with a cut piece of scrap strip of SU green leftover from cutting the card base. On top is a Hero Arts circle-punched siggie stamped in green Versafine Clair.

The final view. I've many like these and will be posting every one of them. LOL I'll be posting right through Christmas. I hope it will motivate those of you who are trying to finish your cards, like I am. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Until next time, stay well, safe and warm. XOX

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
7.   ABMTTC #129: AAG  
8.   Arty Divas #32: AAG  #2/5

8 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It is wonderful and festive. I do love the Santa paper that looks like toile. Very cool! Keep on keeping on!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Every part of this card is lovely Aimeslee, beautiful paper and design.
Faith x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Awesome!! I like your DP. I bought this year's Echo Park Lumberjack. You're card is very classy.

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous card inside and out! Loving the design and traditional Christmas colours 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Darlene said...

WOW fantastic my friend! Gosh I haven't played any of the challenges over on SCS for a few years now! Keep paying for my membership but forget to jump over and join in ... maybe I should make that my new years resolution! LOL GREAT job my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Becca Sadler said...

Thanks for taking time during this busy month to participate in APTS' Anything Vintage theme challenge! Darling vintage Santa image! --Becca/DT

Birgit said...

This is adorable and just perfect for the challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters. Thanks so much for joining us. Best of luck to you!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at 12 months of Christmas cards link up, A Bit More Time to Craft, A Bit More extra, Crafty Hazelnut's. Hope to see you again next time.