Sunday, November 1, 2020

Autumn Blessings

 Well, Hello November! I think of November as the Blessings Month, because to me, all of the holidays deal with recognizing and appreciating our blessings, from All Saints Day to Veterans / Remembrance Day to Thanksgiving and the beginning of Advent. Even though our lives have all been turned upside down this year, we still have plenty to be thankful for and feel blessed about. I have been trying to get caught up on my card posting/sharing and chose this card that counts blessings.

I made this card for a local friend. I used a collage sheet image from Gecko Galz. I really like her. I printed two of them so you'll see her again. I also used a Darice Fall Leaf embossing folder on a piece of paper I'd inked with fall colors. Then I lightly sanded the embossing while still in the folder. I also inked the raised embossing with a few Memento dewdrop pads. They work great because the surface isn't foam, it's raised fabric, so it stays firm and you can keep the ink only on the raised portions if you're careful. 

  
I used Split Coast Stampers sketch SC 822 from October, sizing it to A2. I used my Cropadile Corner Chopper to round all the corners just for grins. I fussy cut the leafy lady and ink-edged her with a blue Promarker.

I adhered a scrap piece of skinny gold ricrac and 2 pieces of skinny blue satin ribbon for the vertical lines and then found an old scrapbooking sticker for the sentiment that I adhered to a piece of card stock that I had colored pear green. I made the ribbon lines a bit diagonal on purpose because I wasn't feeling quite able to lay them down straight. 

The card base is SU and the yellow bottom mat is some old Karen Foster Thanksgiving-themed paper I found in my paper scraps. The inked and embossed layer is also edge-distressed with a Tim Tool. 

Inside the card I've printed out a little sentiment I created and cut with a Spellbinders label die. We love our Falls down here so I feel certain my friend will like it and agree.

The back has a scrap of old Junkitz and then the top layer is some Fall-themed paper from a DCWV pad. I stamped the I/O siggie, heat-embossed it and colored it, then punched it out and inked the edge.

And a final view. I liked how this card turned out and I was able to use some of my stash in the process. I'll be back shortly to share my monthly design team card with you.

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.  Double D Challenge: What October Means to Me -- final entry 3/3 -- October also means leaves to me. We have a native Texas Shumard oak in our front yard and it has been shedding all month and will continue through November. We had an ash tree at our first house that did the same. We don't get the color range that's depicted on my card, but lots of yellows and a little red, then all brown. :-(  
3.  Try it on Tuesday: Embossed -- I've used an embossing folder on my background
5.  #TTTC088: Featured Designer Felicita-- Entry #2/3 -- This time I chose right column down: Fall Colors / Thankful Sentiment / Free (I have a thankful poem inside if Blessings isn't enough).
8.  The Sisterhood of Crafters: GOLDen Days of Fall (Use some gold) -- I used some skinny gold ricrac in between the skinny blue ribbon. 

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Fabulous background embossing ... well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘October’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Judy Woodland said...

Lots of bright colors here, and I love that embossed background. So happy you could join us once again over at The Mod Squad.

My name is Erika. said...

That is a gorgeous embossed background Aimeslee. And your image pops right off it. Those colors look great on the background too. beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It on Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Darlene said...

Me again! Still love this card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation and love your take on our challenge, AUTUMN, great colours… Many thanks for entering into our challenge,
Good luck in the final draw.
[aNNie design team member for Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

ahlers5 said...

Wow, your coloring of that image is stunning. I love how you did that background. I'm putting that on my list of things to try.

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card, love the embossed background!
thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is so beautiful. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Annette DT