Sunday, November 1, 2020

Time for Love to Craft November Challenge #52!

It's November 1st and that means it's time to share my design for Love to Craft Challenge #52

I've made a birthday card for one of my many nephews, again using more of the Junkitz papers, circa 2005. I also used a Power Poppy digital image Layer Cake and their challenge sketch as well as their embossing challenge! You could say it's a Triple Power (Poppy) Play, lol.


  
I resized the sketch to A7 and then turned it 90 degrees. Aside from those modifications, I followed it almost exactly.


Since it was for a nephew who is in the high school band, I chose a musical embossing folder. I also chose a clockwork folder to use as well. I embossed two different collection papers and then carefully inked the raised portions with a Pear Tart Memento dewdrop ink pad with the paper still in the folder. 

I wanted to show you the paper collection I am using. Also, the impromptu little color chart I made of my markers to color match. I will keep it with the papers. These already have a distressed look which helps it look more masculine in my opinion. I started out with the full collection so I've used quite a bit of this over the years. But I looked recently and have 3 more Junkitz collections left! Ack it never ends!

I really like how embossing the patterned papers looks! I also like the edge-distressing I did to my layers with my tool and with ink. I cut the circles behind the image with a Spellbinders die on top of a checkered "faux ribbon" border sticker I found in my Black Hole of Stash. 

I colored my image with the Promarkers I'd matched to the papers. In my attempt to color this "masculine", I ended up with quite a unique and colorful cake! Had to have chocolate icing, though. 

I printed out one of the sentiments that came with the digital stamp set, adding "and creamy". I used a Spellbinders die to cut it.

The back has a piece of SU card stock and a leftover scrap from the front with a hand-stamped siggie.

And a final view. Thanks for visiting and we welcome you to come join this month's challenge at Love to Craft. Have a great first day of November! XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.   Power Poppy Creative Confetti Challenge: Happy Birthday, Emboss Like a Boss and Sketch It Out -- I used Power Poppy's Layer Cake digi stamp for a birthday card, used the sketch and heat-and-dry-embossed. 
 

2.   Arty Divas #30: ATG - final entry #5/5
9.   The Male Room #143 -- I used Autumn Colors and a clockworks embossing folder on this card for an Autumn birthday boy.

10. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 42 -- Layer cake is colored with Promarkers

15 comments:

dj said...

So much detail!! Love the subtle embossing on the patterned papers!! Thanks for playing along with our "fall colors" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Lisa :) said...

Hi from your new DT teamie!!! I LOVE this card! The different papers and folders you would never think would come together like this and look so great. Love it. Looking forward to working with you.

Lisa

Linda Kunsman said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog:)
Love your "triple power poppy play"- nice design, and those papers are fab!!

MA-MI said...

I love the colors of the background papers which are embossed too. Great job! And I wish to have your cake right here ... It looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

I wish you a lovely day!

Maja, DT The Male Room

Chana Malkah said...

This is awesome! I love all the embossing and the fun paper choices. Your color integration is perfect and the project is beautifully organized. i
Hugz,
Chana

Leslie said...

Super awesome card! Love that sketch and love all the details you've added!

Cazro said...

A very interesting and fully detailed card. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the colours in this card, so many wonderful details including the colour of the inside of the cake, wouldn't that be wonderful? Love the embossing also. With both my hats on today I will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Quote challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gorgeous! I'm in love with the DP you used. I also like the birthday cake. Great design. I love sketches too. The process of placing the items takes me a long time for me. This is a winner in my books. (really, all your work is but this one is just that much more).

ahlers5 said...

What a great birthday card. I love all the effort you put into the design.

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
We are so happy that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful Autumn cake! Lovely card!
thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the color crazy challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

K M Meena Herale said...

Lovely work...Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time. 


Hugs 

Meena S4F DT

Cazro said...

Hi, such a ymmy card, looks so good to have a slice of that cake. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge Blog. Caz DT x