Saturday, October 31, 2020

Thinking of You

 Happy Fright Night aka Halloween Night aka just another Saturday Night at Casa Miguel y Amiga. LOL   Our porch lights are off and we are not answering the door. Basically hiding out. We are in our 9th week of Keto and candy anywhere in this house would not last long, so ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. Besides, we have our hands full resetting all of our many clocks back one hour. And then there's the first full moon on Halloween in over 70 years....

I am popping in to share this card I made for a friend. The Oddball Art digital image was October's Outlawz Progressive Freebie Challenge image. We were given a regular version and a scarred-up goulish-goth version of the girl -- I went with the regular.

  
    
I used a Split Coast Stamper sketch from 2007 and was not disappointed, resizing to A2 in PSE and following to the letter. While I did not use an Autumn-themed image, I did use Autumn colors.

I wanted to show you what the printed image looked like without all the hearts covering her head. So I'm looking at what I have there and that is exactly how the punched hearts idea came to me. As if to say, Thinking of You With Love plus covering up the open skull haha because I did not want to draw on the image and I almost felt like I had no choice, except maybe cover it up with a big bow or something.

So, I got out my trusty old tiny heart punch and some peachy stash paper and punch away, adhering with glue dots. 

I began with a grey SU card base and layered on some burnt orange scrap SU that I edge-distressed with ink. Then I added a layer of some Junkitz PP, edge-distressed with my Tim Tool and ink. The vertical focal image strip is matted with more of the burnt orange and I've inserted a Spellbinders labels die cut I colored burnt orange as a half mat for the sentiment die that I colored in Caramel Promarker (shoulda used Khaki instead, but nothing is wasted here aka too lazy to get up and redo.)

I colored her up with Promarkers that I took the time to color-match to the paper. I'm saving my notes with the remainder of this collection - it really does make a difference, I think. The MSE sentiment was stamped and heat-embossed, then colored. Finally, the hearts were added.

I included the vendor strip underneath this photo of the inside of the card to show you how old this patterned paper is -- 2005! I am nearing the end of this collection, just took me 15 years, lol. At any rate, I used a plethora of sentiment stamps here from Crafty Secrets, EKS, MFT, MSE and Wordsworth.  I stamped on another ink-edged piece of the Junkitz,

And on the back still another piece of ink-edged Junkitz, along with a scrap strip of SU I stamped the EKS siggies on and a few more hearts to embellish. The distressed look on these papers is part of the design - I only distressed the edges.

And a final view.  Every month I put this challenge off to the last minute because I am uncomfortable using images I wouldn't normally buy which is exactly why I'm doing it, hahaha. And every time I'm glad I went through with it for the most part, this time included. I do like this card and am happy to send it out. I had previously always thought of this paper collection as masculine but I now feel more comfortable with "feminizing" it. 

I will leave you with a very fuzzy iphone pic capturing that full moon rising from over our neighbor's house. Hope you enjoy your evening and thanks for visiting. I will be back tomorrow with my design make for Love to Craft and maybe more in between as I still have a bit of backlog to post. Stay safe and well! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
3.  Funkie Junkie Challenge: Home is Where the Heart Is -- I have a distressed design using hearts. Max of 10 challenges total.
5.  Die Cut Divas October: Thoughts of Autumn Fill the Air -- final entry #4/4. I've used Autumn colors and 2 nested dies and a heart punch.
6.  Paperbabe #131: Autumn Photo Inspiration -- I was inspired by the colors and feelings of warmth  
7.  #TTTC088: Featured Designer Felicita -- I chose bottom row across:  Rust / Any Shape Die / Free.
8.  Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 42 -- Image and some of the mats are coloured with Promarkers.
9.  Double D Challenge: What October Means to Me -- It used to mean our most social month of friends, festivals, concerts and anything fun because it's usually the first month the temps cool down and the weather's wonderful down here on the Texas Gulf Coast. This October thanks to COVID, it means staying home and using my hands to craft cards to send my friends to let them know I'm thinking of them and missing them (plus peachy pink hearts for Breast Cancer Month).

10 comments:

ahlers5 said...

This card is so very pretty. I have such a difficult time with images such as the other version. I'm glad you got in under the wire!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is such a cute card Aimes!!! Looking at just your stamped image, I agree that something had to go there, and there's nothing better than hearts to tell a friend you love them. I live in an apartment so I don't have trick or treaters. Hiding out sounds like a great idea.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the idea behind this card Aimeslee, you've certainly shown the image off beautifully, love the colours.
WOW! You captured the "Blue Moon" do you know there won't be another until 2039 or 2048 depending where you hear it from! A rare sight indeed.
Faith x

Darlene said...

Fabulous card inside and out again my friend! We did participate in Trick or Treat although very gingerly!! LOL I prepped 100 snack bags filled with goodies ... put them on a table and with a mask and social distancing instructed each to take one and 'If you Touch it, you Take it'. Most everyone was very good about wearing face coverings and social distancing which I was happy to see. AND ... I RAN OUT OF CANDY!! Yep it was a nice evening and I guess the kids needed some sort of normalcy so even though many in the neighborhood were not handing out candy ... the kids were enjoying running to each house who had candy to offer.
Anyways back to your card ... Fabulous as always! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘October’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Arlene said...

Great cover-up job. LOL And it so works! I love all the hearts - perfect and I would never have guessed there was an open skull.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our Autumn (also Halloween) challenge at https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2020/10/thoughts-of-autumn-fill-air-from-bugaboo.html

Judy Woodland said...

Another sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us once again over at The Mod Squad.

Judy Woodland said...

Me again, and I must apologize. I thanked you for playing again over at The Mod Squad, when I meant to say Double D. So sorry for the confusion.

Chana Malkah said...

Great papers, Aimeslee! Your cards are always beautifully composed!

Hugz,
Chana

Jenny Marples said...

Aimee this is such a sweet card. Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog for this challenge xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It sure can be a pain settings all our clocks back but i'm very happy to see your sweet creation, beautiful background and topper image, bet your friend adored it. Thank you for sharing over @ Paperbabe Stamps.
Creative wishes Tracey (DT)