Saturday, October 10, 2020

Sunday Postcard Art Zodiac Theme: Pisces in the House!

 Hello again and my best wishes for your health and happiness. Not much improvement with my health but I am giving the happy part a good go! Well, another week has gone by and time for 4x6" post card art. This week's theme is "Zodiac". Hmmm. I decided to go with some art I could display in February in my art corner and I'm a Pisces so that's where I went with this. And when the theme comes around again (as it probably will in my experience playing there), I'll make one for Honey (which I probably should be doing now but hey, you know I'm slow and selfish, let's not kid ourselves here).

I looked in my hand stamps for fodder and I wasn't impressed. I opened a patterned paper box and found this very weird patterned paper pad from Prima called Moon Child and committed to it because when you can use weird paper you should or else it never will get used. Then went to my digital files and found a Pisces circle stamp image on a Gecko Galz collage sheet and a My Besties Pisces Zodiac Girl. I will put her large on the other side and then I will have two entirely different-vibed takes on the theme! But today I have only this side completed to share. 

Here's what I began with. A 4x6" piece of the Moon Child paper/card stock. I was drawn to the left hand side: the girl, the white round element above her and the sky image and phrase below her.

I hand-stamped an Art by Marlene half-moon stamp at top right, in Versamark and heat-embossed in white powder. I also stamped a Wawa Stationery orbital drawing stamp over the image below that again heat-embossing in white and a La Lune phrase from the same set. Then I printed out the Gecko Galz Pisces circle and cut it with a Spellbinders Classic Circles die.

A sideways view! Ok, after I had the circle cut, I edged it with a gold Sakura Solid Marker and colored the interior with a Promarker before adhering to my piece. I went around the card "tinting" some of the images with Promarkers. Next, I took a white Sharpie paint pen, primed it and shook it to get random white splatters.

Then it was time to adhere the washi tapes. I had some gorgeous pink metallic tape that blended with the pink in my paper. I put the tape all down one side and what was left over after cutting on the other side. On the bottom I used some really cool moon, stars and stardust black washi. 

                                                    
I stamped the La Lune again at top left over the white embossed stamping with black Archival Ink and also at bottom right. The I took my Sakura gel pens and my Carbon desk pen and doodled and colored and outlined until it looked like time to stop, lol. I created my descriptive words in PSE, printed out and fussy cut. Finally I cut Quickutz photo corner dies on a gold paper scraps and put one on this side of the cardtop left. Oh, and then I took a fat black chisel-point Posca paint pen and went all around the perimeter with it, with a lil more on the top to balance the black washi at bottom.

Here are some photos where I've tried to capture all the shimmer and shine, also the card details. Love how the washi tapes blend into the background, yet make statements of their own.



Love how this "tinted" section turned out! The girl, her garden roses and greenery, especially.

I believe I accomplished what I set out to: create an airy feel with more white and some gold. I really like how it turned out.

And a final view. This is a cool piece of me and I enjoyed making it very much. I will enjoy looking at it in my art corner.

Thanks for dropping by to check out what I'm up to and also thanks for the messages of concern about my health issues and the hurricane. We did have some rain and mega winds but it's gone now and it's a beautiful sunny day. Hope you have a really nice weekend! XOXO
5.  Arty Divas #30: ATG (entry#2) 
6.  Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 39: AG with Colouring -- I used Promarkers, gel pens and paint pens to colour tint and embellish the patterned card stock.
7.  The Sisterhood of Crafters: Anything But a Card -- I have made a 4x6" artist postcard for my art corner...a home decoration.
8.  The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge October: Travel -- I have traveled to the Moon in my mind. ;-) I hand-stamped the half moon (Studio Light Art by Marlene) and the La Lune and Orbital Sphere (WAWA Stationery Etsy).
10.  NBUS #19: AAG with NBUS -- This is my first time using all of the stamps and the paper. 

10 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! This postcard art is awesome! Well done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Thanks for the heads up regarding weird paper, Aimes! Your artistic embellishing makes it look amazing! Thanks for sharing all your special tips, too! Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs, de

Leslie said...

OMGoodness, I absolutely love this, weird paper and all, lol! I think it's one of my favorite pieces that you've created! Glad it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day in Aimeslee Art Land! Hugs!

ahlers5 said...

Wow, I am just floored at all the steps in this! How do you eben think of them all. I am so impressed. I love the borders. Oh heck, I love everything.

Chana Malkah said...

I like this! It is "funky" as we used to say back in the day when funky was a good thing!

Hugz,
Chana

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful! I love the images that you used and your ode to everything Pisces - perfect 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

At first glance I thought you made some ATC's. What a wonderful card, and as always with you--very unique. Love your one-of-a-kind artwork!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love this! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month x

Cindy van Oorschot said...

What a wonderful creation and how you got to it. Thanks for sharing with us at Arty Divas Challenge.
Cindy DT

monique said...

Thank you for sharing in our challenge at "https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/"we really appreciate you joining in.
greetings DTmember Monique great card