Monday, October 12, 2020

I Miss Your Face

 Hello, Hello! Happy Indigenous Peoples Day here in some parts of the USA. In others, it's still Columbus Day but a federal and postal holiday nonetheless. I am still suffering with my Arthurs pain and am having to limit sitting time at the computer which means I'm behind in my emails and my blog visiting. I'll catch up just as soon as my body begins to behave, lol.

Today I'm sharing a 4x6" card made to fit a random envelope I want to use. It features a digital image from StarStampz called Sunflower Smiles. I've colored everything with Promarkers and an assortment of shimmer & glittering tools discussed later in my post. 


   
I used Sketch n Scrap's current WCMD 2020 Sketch #1 and resized it to 4x6" in PSE. 

 
This card began with me inking up in fall colors the rest of my punched leaves from last year. I laid them down in an arrangement on the card where only the leaf tips show, so I thought I'd show you what they look like underneath. ;-)

The sentiment was created in PSE and printed, then cut with a Lawn Fawn Banner die. Another one was cut in the same SU card stock as I used for the card base, a light butter yellow color. Peeking out from behind the banners is a strip of plaid stitched ribbon in fall colors. I hung 2 smaller strips vertically on the left and topped them with a G45 faux postage stamp tucked under the banner. I also cut the printed focal image with a Spellbinders Art Deco Astoria Labels die. I added 3 round sequins as final accents.

Inside of the card I hand-stamped sentiments from Autumn Leaves, Avery Elle, Hampton Arts, Neat & Tangled and Wordsworth.

For the back of the card, I used the leftover ribbon from the front with the smallest die in the set I used for my focal image. On it I hand-stamped Hero Arts siggies.

From this angle you can see the card with hardly any shimmer or glitter. But if you are looking for that, the next 4 photos have plenty...

  

  
These are pics taken to try to capture the blinding shimmer coming off these sunflowers! Please click on them to make them even bigger! After coloring the flowers with Promarkers along with the rest of the focal image, I used my white Signo Uniball gel pen to make zillions of tiny little dots in the flower centers (and some on the background). I got out my Aged Mahogany Distress Stickles and my Cinnamon Stickles and coated each center with them, messily "stirring" with a Q-Tip. I have several art tools I can use for stirring but the Q-Tip was handy, lol. After that dried I brushed on some gold Wink of Stella and then some yellow Wink. 

And a final view. I am so excited that I have now used all of those maple leaves I'd punched last year. And I finally used an eye-less person. Not my favorite thing now or ever but creating a sentiment that works with it helped a lot. And I love the artwork, just wish she had eyes. It works well for the Library Challenge (I read the book), but it also makes me think of Children of the Corn, lol. Or something else StephenKingCreepy. Well, it is Halloween Season! Thanks for visiting as always and as always, please stay safe and well! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.  SNS WCMD Sketch #1 -- sketch shown above  
2.  Star in My Pocket StarStampz Challenge #15: Ribbons/Lace/Twine/Cord-- I used a StarStampz image "Sunflower Smiles" and a fall plaid ribbon.  
3.  Daring Cardmakers 10/9-16: Mail Art -- I included a G45 faux postage stamp  
4.  The Library Challenge #70: Pick of the Paperbacks -- I chose Where the Crawdads Sing to be inspired by.  
5.  Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 39: AG w/Colouring -- I used Promarkers, gel pens, Wink of Stellas and Stickles to color the focal image.
7.  Die Cut Divas Challenge: Thoughts of Autumn Fill the Air -- I have used a banner die for my sentiment and my focal image is die cut as well. Sunflowers are considered both a summer AND a fall flower for us down on the Texas Gulf Coast.
9.   TTCRD for 10/6-10/13: AAG -- 2nd and final entry
10. Crafting Happiness #69: AAG  (unlimited)
12. More Mixed Media Oct. Challenge: AG + Opt. Orange -- I've used some orange, so if it's enough then I have played the option. If not, I've used multiple mediums.  (unlimited)

15 comments:

Deanna said...

Wonderful work and love the sunflowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Aimes!! You know I LOVE sunflowers and just have to LOVE this card. Your techniques and colouring is pure magic. Such an awesome card to find upon opening my e-mails. Happy Indigenous Day! Hugs, Bethie

Michelle B. said...

Beautiful! I love the autumn colors and your coloring is amazing. From inside out, your creations are the total package! So glad you joined us for our ATG Challenge at Arty Divas and I hope to see you again next challenge!

Chana Malkah said...

Great job, Aimeslee! I see I was not the only one playing with leaves this week! I love this design!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Chris C said...

Your card and sunflowers are amazing!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

ahlers5 said...

I haven't been keeping up with my commenting this week. Hardly have had time to take a breath. We have now voted, shopped, got flu shots, had Dr. appts and went to the gym a few times. Now on to looking at cards. This is a really cute card. I love the sentiment. The flowers are so very pretty!

Arlene said...

Gorgeous card. The sunflowers are gorgeous! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Autumn challenge.

Marina said...

Love the sparkle on your beautiful sunflowers.Thanks for joining The Library

Svenja said...

Lovely card - aren't sunflowers just gorgeous? Thanks so much for sharing :-)

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along our October challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Christine Kiehl said...

What a delightful card AND post! I LOVE That you mentioned and celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day! I do also as I am of Alaskan native descent on my mothers side! Happy Halloween to you and yours!

Tammy Folk said...

Aimeslee - I absolutely love your sunflower card!! It's truly a beautiful card!! Great take on the card sketch and thanks for playing along with us @ Sketch N Scrap!

Sandra Wright. said...

A beautiful card, bright and cheery on such a dull day as we are having here.
Your sunflowers are coloured perfectly.
Thank you so much for joining us at More Mixed Media.
Hi Aimslee, I hope you are keeping well and keeping safe. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments xx

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Gorgeous creation. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Maritza DT

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!