Wednesday, October 14, 2020

FEELING CRABBY....

 Ahoy, Mateys! I sure hope you aren't feeling crabby, or crusty for that matter, haha. Today I am sharing an A2-sized "Get Well" card I made for a longtime friend to give her 8-year-old twin grandsons. Although I have been asked a lot to sell cards, I have not been able to because I cannot have any kind of business anymore due to stress. But when my friend asked, I made this and gifted it to her. Her grandsons, daughter and son-in-law, who live a few hours away down the coast, have all come down with COVID. My friend and her younger daughter, who is a nurse, are driving down there this weekend so that the daughter can thoroughly examine everyone and help out. I actually tried to talk my friend out of it but she will not be deterred so making this is the least I can do for her. The nurse daughter asked for one as well and I will share that one on Saturday.

I used the Scribbles Designs images "Bubbles" and "Fish" on the card front, and "Life Preserver" on the card back. The card base is Recollections card stock and all of the patterned papers are from Carta Bella's Deep Blue Sea collection.

I used multiple dies on this card. The base paper mat was cut with MFT's Pierced Rectangle Stax #1. The flags were cut with Avery Elle's Dotted Elle-ments dies and the computer-generated and printed sentiment was cut with a Lawn Fawn Everyday Banners die. The anchor die cut is in a new Art Impressions Mini-Dies set called "Sail". I bought 9 sets the day they came out and am not disappointed. They are very cute and so easy to create instant die cut shapes. The fish circle and striped mat was punched. Deets further down below.

I used TSOT Sketch #478.

I asked lots of questions about the grandsons prior to creating. I learned their dad is a marine biologist who works for the State of Texas, and the boys want to be Oceanographers when they grow up. Their dad has called them his little tadpoles and his little guppies all their lives. They have a huge love for fish as a result. I used the "green around the gills" phrase in the sentiment because whenever they are sick, that's how they describe it (again, likely from their Papa asking them with the phrase). 

On the card's inside is a sentiment I created in PSE and printed out. My friend didn't want any patterned paper here.

For the back of my card, I fussy-cut the Scribbles Designs "Life Preserver" digi after coloring it. I used a leftover strip to stamp my EK Success siggie. 


The usual close-ups, lol. Gotta show the loveliest bits! I coated the fish in yellow Wink of Stella, after colouring it. I cut him out with a circle punch and I also punched the striped circle. The dotted circle parts are leftovers from another recent card. 

And a final look. I hope this card gave you a chuckle and a little pleasure. I thank you for visiting and invite you back often! Honey's sister and her husband came down with COVID last week but are already back at work. Hopefully that means the strains have mutated and made it less invasive and damaging. And I mention this to say that I mean beeswax when I say: Stay Safe, Warm & Well! XOXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.  TSOT Sketch #478 -- sketch shown above, did not play the option this time
5.  Crafty Animals #43: AAG with Animal -- I have used a crab and a fish.
6.  2 Crafty Crazy Crazies #43: AAG with a Critter -- I have used a crab and a fish.
7.  Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 40: AG with Colouring -- I've used Promarkers and Wink of Stella to colour the crab and the fish on front, and the life preserver on back.
8. Outlawz Twisted Thursday: AG -- did not play the option this time
9. MAWT #123: Animals / Birds -- I have a crab and a fish (and whales on the paper)

16 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I am so sorry to hear that COVID has affected your friend's family. Sad. I wish them a speedy recovery.

Your card is so adorable. I love those fish, right down to the way you decorated the back of your card. You're so awesome!

Karen Page said...

Aimeslee, I think your card is not just adorable but also so thoughtful that you included images and sentiments that will mean so much to the twins! I love all the patterned papers and the glitter on the fish. I must remember to use my colored Spectrum Noir brush pens and not just the clear one! And I totally understand and agree about running a business being stressful. I am not willing to make my hobby, which I do to relieve stress, a business that causes me stress! That said, you are very kind to take on this request. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at 2CCC! Come back again with your next critter project!!!
~Karen Page, DT Member for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo

Billie A said...

Oh isn't this the cutest. Awesome card and images. Thanks for sharing over at Colour crazy.

ahlers5 said...

I hope you're feeling better. I have a bad habit of commenting and then reading the post. I have no idea why I do that. Even when I comment at Outlawz, I work backwards. I guess I'm just weird. I love this "crabby" card. It's so bright and cheerful. Very cute!

Jackie C said...

This is a smashing project!
We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
Stay safe and well.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT



Pat said...

Sorry that your friend's family have come down with the virus Aimeslee and your card will certainly bring a smile to their faces with its sweet and fun fish and especially with their love of everything 'sea' related. A really pretty card. x

Heather said...

OK, perfect card for teh twins, hope they're feeling better soon! With a cute card like this to cheer them up, I know it won't take long! Love your fun bright colors! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

foleysfriend said...

What a super fun get-well card. I love how you've personalized the card. I love the sentiment - it's perfect! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

sue n.

Tammy L said...

What a cute card! I love the sentiment and the image is really fun. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Helen said...

A great card and a brilliant sentiment too.

Thanks for joining us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

Helen x

Monique Nicole Fox said...

So stinkin cute. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff.

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs too.

Helen x

Chana Malkah said...

Hey, Aimeslee!
I am running so behind on everything but I had to drop by to say how much I love your whimsical card! Nice project and it is beautifully crafted!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Dawn Frost said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn Colour Crazy DT

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow this is exquisite, Aimslee. Amazing work. Such incredible detail. Great job. Pray allare well or recovering. Praying for your country. Xx

Furrbster said...

This is really cute,

Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz