Hello Hello! My apologies for getting this posted later than promised. Thank you so much for all the feedback on the first get well card HERE. The card I am sharing today is the one that my friend's nurse daughter requested. The twins also love dragons and can tell you that some dragons have gills, some have lungs and some have both, lol. So I was a little worried this dragon might not pass muster, but it did.
A very simple and straightforward layered card. The hardest part was Google-searching 'blue dragons' (I had to use colors that blended with the paper!) and coloring mine appropriately.
I used Split Coast Stampers Sketch 821 from last week, but I flipped it vertically and then horizontally in PSE after resizing the sketch to A2.
Papers: Unknown card base stock, (ancient) 12x12 American Crafts double-sided scrapbooking card stock, Springhill Digital card stock, Lawn Fawn Polka scraps
Stamps: Bugaboo Clyde Get Well digital image
Inks: Printer, Promarkers
Dies: Lawn Fawn Everyday Banners, Art Impressions Health Mini-die (stethoscope), EKS circle punch
Other: Eyelet Outlet band aid brad
Anyone remember American Crafts card stock paper back in the 12x12 scrapbooking day, it was always double-sided with a print on one side and a color-coordinated solid color on the other side? This is what I've used here. The light blue base mat is the other side of the print. It's really hard to use such big images on a card, so I decided not worry about being able to read. And it worked out in this case, I heard the twins liked guessing what the words were underneath. So, you never know!
Here is the inside of the card. I continued using (up) the papers and adding a white mat for writing on along with a computer-generated sentiment. This was per the nurse daughter's wishes.
Here is the back, with still more of the papers layered like on the front, a scrap of circle-punched Lawn Fawn Polka with an Impression Obsession siggie stamped on white card stock over that.
And a final look. My friend called today and said the twins loved both their cards, so I'm happy, as I continue to pray for them and their family to recover. (And for my friend not to get sick!) Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a most excellent week ahead! Stay well and safe, XXO
MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
1. Split Coast Stampers Sketch 821 -- sketch shown above
2. Outlawz Color Tuesdays 10/-10/19 -- I've played the colors and the twist...no pumpkins allowed!
3. Catch the Bug October Bingo 10/17-10/23 -- I've chosen diagonal lower left to upper right: Dots/Stripes - Bugaboo Image - Die or Punch. My base mat paper is striped and the circles have dots; the Bugaboo image is Clyde Get Well; and I've used A2 mat dies and a stethoscope die.
4. 613 Avenue Create: AG + Opt. Winged Things -- Dragons have wings so option played!
5. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #43: AG with a Critter - DRAGON in the house!
6. Crafty Animals #43: AG with a Critter -- Big Old Dragon
7. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 40: AAG w/Colouring -- I used Promarkers to colour the dragon
10. C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #573: AG -- I did not play the option this time.
11. The Sisterhood of Crafters: Lots of Layers -- I have 3+ layers, hope that's enough?
13. MAWT #123: Animals / Birds -- I have a dragon.