Thursday, October 8, 2020

He Works Hard for the Money

 Hello there! Hope everyone is doing better than I am. I'm well-known for being a human barometer where the weather is concerned. Hurricane Delta is churning in the Gulf just to our east (Thank you once again, Lord, for sparing us and prayers for Louisiana). So I think that's what it is. I have been feeling like a mac truck hit me, lots of neck and back pain. And my eyeballs even hurt, just noticed that. Pressure affects everything. I am just trying to live through it and so of course that always includes getting arty.

Time for another of our nephews to have a birthday, lol. He is a public accountant, so I played off numbers and computers to make him a 5x7 (A7) card. I distressed the edges of the numbers layer with my Tim tool (and also on the card back). This was to be able to enter A Vintage Journey's Numbers challenge. I like to play there when I can.

PAPERS: Recollections and Springhill Digital card stocks
IMAGES/STAMPS: Bugaboo Relaxing Guy, printed sentiment, MFT Hear It For the Boys sentiments
INKS: Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens; Memento Cantalope and Tangelo inks; Versafine Clair Acorn ink
DIES: Spellbinders Postage Stamp, MFT Clouds die (to make stencil with)
OTHER: Funky Fossil Circuit Board stencil; homemade cloud stencil; Spellbinders Seth Apter Laser Beams and Numbers and Letters embossing folders; washi tape, postage stamp deco scissors

  

I used the current Stella Says Sketch at Catch the Bug, and as it looked like a good CAS candidate, I embraced it. I wanted to play in several challenges, one of which was CAS Mix-Up to try Tone on Tone Stenciling (which I did with the thought cloud - using my lighter ink to sponge in the cloud and darker ink to dab on through the circuit board stencil). I also wanted to make a CAS card for Cardz 4 Guys challenge. And many challenges wanted orange. And on and on. Years ago as a young homemaker I was into grocery store couponing and sometimes I get a similar thrill when I'm able to enter lots of challenges with one card, LOL. 

The inside is pretty plain with just a My Favorite Things sentiment poem.

And I've created a little stamped collage of Hero Arts siggies on a smaller postage stamp die, on a base mat tool and ink-distressed and dry-embossed. 

Overall I am pleased with the card because I got to play -- with my supplies and in some challenges. And the best thing was, creating took my mind off my pain and discomfort for awhile. I believe I will begin another card and keep on milking that gift! heehee Thanks for visiting and I hope your Friday is a big YAY! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.  Stella Says Sketch #816 -- sketch shown above
2.  CAS Mix Up Oct. Card Challenge : Tone on Tone Stenciling -- I used a cloud die to cut a stencil out of blue mylar, sponged on Cantelope ink through it, then while the cloud stencil was still in place and masked off I dabbed ink through a circuit board stencil in a darker shade Tangelo, then removed it all and PTL, no unwanted smudges yay!  
4.  IYGACAC#152 -- I used the orange color  
10. A Vintage Journey October Challenge: Numbers -- I have used a numbers embossing folder on the base mat of the card front, and I've created my CAS card with a little mixed media masculine shabby.
11. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 38: AG with Colouring -- I used mostly Pitt Artist Pens to color my focal image and Promarkers on his skin.
12. Catch the Bug Challenge: AG thru 10/10 -- I used a Bugaboo image Relaxing Guy

17 comments:

Jackie C said...

This is a smashing project!
We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
Stay safe and well.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT



Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm so sorry to read that that dark mac truck is at it again! Hope you get better soon. Your card is perfect. I like how you put the numbers in his thoughts, since your nephew is an accountant. Take care.

ahlers5 said...

Aimeslee, I love this card. So many little details make it so special. I loved your comment about the unicorn the other day. I laughed out loud when I read it. I am always in awe of your work. I can manage coloring, but my imagination for doing something different is non-existent. I love seeing what other people do. Someday I will get out of my little box and start exploring!

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is so cool! I do the same thing to try and "forget" my chronic pain and I hear you on the barometer bit. Ugh! Hope you're having a better day. Thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug/Stella Says Sketch. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Bonnie said...

Being creative always helps me focus off any pain or worries! I'm glad it helped you for a while and I'm glad Delta missed you! Prayers for those people in the hurricane's path again! Your card is awesome and so perfect for a guy! Love the numbers and that fun image! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Fun card that fits so many challenges. Great job Aimslee! Your nephew is going to love this card. The numbers made a wonderful white-on-white background. The the tone-on-tone stenciling is so fun and creative. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

dj said...

That embossed background is perfect for the card needed for your nephew!! Thanks for playing along with our CAS challenge over at Cardz4Guyz!!

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute card. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Chana Malkah said...

Glad to hear you are doing well! My body reacts to the weather, too. I love the card! Masculine cards are difficult but you made it look easy!
Hugz,
Chana

Hannapanna said...

Lovely colours and details. Thanks for sharing with us over at Colour Crazy Challenge.

- Hanna, DT

Billie A said...

Awesome Bugaboo image and coloring. Love the embossed background. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 guyz (Catch the bug, Colour Crazy)

Michelle B. said...

Perfect for your nephew! Love the embossing and awesome image! So glad you joined us for our ATG Challenge at Arty Divas and I hope to see you again next challenge!

Pat said...

The perfect card for your nephew Aimslee and love the background WOW numbers and the tone on tone circuit board within the thought bubble, very inventive, and love the guy asleep in the chair...beautifully coloured. x

Pia S said...

We had the same idea, using an image of a man in his favorite chair. Your man is way younger though. Fun masculine design! Thanks for joining our challenge at Catch the Bug.

Jacq said...

Fabulously fun card for your nephew, Aimeslee. I'm glad creating it helped you forget your pain, hope you're doing better now.

Thanks for sharing this one with us over at The Outlawz Colour Challenge, I love seeing your creations, you always have something different and unique!

Jacqui
DT for The Outlawz

Helen said...

Great card - love the embossed number background.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Words and Pictures said...

Great card, with such a cool embossed background. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x