Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sunday Postcard Art Twofer: Season of the Witch and Sloths

Greetings! How are you? I am still painfully stuck in Neck Crick Land but fighting hard to keep it from turning me into an old grump. I must admit, I have never had this much sustained and radiating neck pain before. Honey has slathered so much ointment on me he is beginning to think he's basting me for the oven, lol. I am constantly doing stretching exercises, hot and cold compresses, nothing seems to abate it. I've even gotten out the dreaded neck collar to wear. I fight becoming crippled every single inch of the way! After all, 18 years ago I was told I'd for sure be in a wheelchair in 10 years, so... please pray for me if you have some room for me amidst everyone suffering worst things? I would be most grateful! Every day is a GIFT!

At any rate, let's move along to something more fun, shall we? The theme for this week at Sunday Postcard Art was "Sloth". The theme the week before that was "Seasons". I am sharing both today. 

My take on the Seasons theme: I started out to just do a regular old Autumn scene, but then Donovan Leitch's old 60's song cued up in my mind and would not leave. (I have now lost count how many times I've sung "Must be the season of the witch" to myself lol.) I knew I had these corny Technique Junkies Best Witches stamps that I'd yet to ever use so hey! Then I began joking to myself, "yes it is indeed The Season of the Witch! Ghost of The Bachelor: The Bewitched Version. Who will get the rose?" Hahaha Just in case you even needed a roadmap to understanding my strange sense of humor. ;-)

My apologies to those of you who love that show. I never could get into it myself.

  
I wanted to show these process photos of the other contestants in the background, before I upstaged them with the finalists. Plus to show the dimension resulting from using foam tape on the curtains and the ghost guy. I probably could have stopped right here, but I had those Technique Junkies beauty queens...

The Bachelor Ghost is pretty cute, no?

And then I thought, what do I do with this? Hmm...

I put my postcard on a 7x7" Deco to display in my art corner, along with a couple of Gecko Galz witches who look like they don't approve. Hmmm, maybe they are just jealous they didn't make the cut? LOL

This is how I colored the Sizzix Architectural Corners die cuts -- with Copper Brilliance ink direct to paper, then I hit them with my heat tool to set the ink. 

This is a shot to show what's underneath everything since I tend to cover up a lot. The chipboard backing from a Graphics 45 is my recycled base underneath a layer of dark purple with silver cobwebs, 3 lines of washi tapes and my copper-colored corners. I ink-distressed all around with VersaMagic chalk ink direct to paper.





And here's where it hangs in an arrangement on our foyer table with my other "witch" art. You saw the tag in my last post and I shared the black and white deco last year.

And finally, moving right along to this past week's "Sloth" theme at Sunday Postcard Art, I created a little collage of a sloth yogi practicing his natural chillax, which I've translated to "No Hurry ... Be Nappy". LOL I crack myself up. Makes me giggle every time, I'm a sucker for a good pun or play on words. 

I found him at Eclipse Design SVG on Etsy. Printed him out, colored him up with Promarkers and then added a kazillion white marks for his fur with a Posca paint pen. I outlined his eyelids in silver metallic gel pen so they could be seen.

He is sitting on a lawn colored green and cut twice with Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border die. The sky above him was inked with Palette ink blues and blending brushes. An MFT rainbow die cut is behind him, colored with Promarkers. And MFT clouds as well. The funky white and orange die cuts at the top and the bottom are Art By Marlene for Studio Light. 

He looks so happy there! I never was a big fan of sloths but they are growing on me. 

Here's a close-up of the sloth, sorry it's blurry. The camera insisted on focusing on the rainbow! 

And a final view. I guess I love this little guy! I gifted this to a neighbor friend who enjoys collecting small art and retired with Honey back in 2018, so the advice will be appreciated and probably already followed! Thanks for visiting and hanging in for this long post -- have a great rest of your weekend, XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.  Sunday Postcard Art: Seasons -- I had me a little play on the word Season :-)
2.  Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #108 : 31 Days of Halloween - I used LCD stamps Mum Border, Dolls Set 1 and Perspective Floor on the Seasons postcard  - lots of hand-stamping.
4.  Gecko Galz October Customer Blog Challenge: Happy Haunting  -- The two witches on each side of my Deco are from the Witching Hour collage sheet.
6.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies #43 -- final entry #5 -- Sloth
7.  Crafty Animals #43 -- final entry #3 -- Sloth
8.  Crazy 4 Challenges C4C558: Copper -- Corners on Witch Deco
15.  The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge: Lots of Layers - My Halloween Witches Deco has LOTS of layers. :-)
16.  The Three Muses: Orange and Black and Green - My Halloween Deco and the Sloth postcard
17.  #TGIFC287: Trick or Treat - My Halloween Season of the Witch Deco
19.  Art Journal Journey: Hold the Line -- My 7x7" deco has lines of washi tape, spider web lines and a line of witchy lady contestants hahaha!
20.  Arty Divas #30: ATG -- entry #4 of 5

23 comments:

ahlers5 said...

Wow, I love the Halloween Seasons Postcard. I love reading all the details about how you do it. Not that I could ever do it. That seems to be beyond my range of creativity. I love to see the layers and depth. So very cool! Your sloth is an absolute cutie. Whoever thought of that challenge picked a difficult one. I can't imagine there are too many sloth images out there. So sorry to hear about your neck pain. I will pray for you and I hope the pain recedes soon. Many years ago my neck kept going out of alignment all the time. I couldn't even turn my head to the right to see if cars were coming when I got to an intersection. I always went to the chiropractor and she would work on my neck. It would be okay for about two weeks and then go back out. After about the seventh or eighth time I saw her my neck stayed in place. I don't know why, but thank goodness! I'm sure what you are going through is much worse. I had been quite grumpy for a week or so when my spine pain kicked in, but the worst has passed and I was able to stop the pain medicine again. I wish it would stay this way, but I know most likely it will not. But at least, today is a good day!

Lisa Bird said...

Fantastic design, I love all your layers and colours. Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Lisa Bird said...

Fantastic design, I love all your layers and colours. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful pieces, lots of lovely colours and ideas. Thanks so much for joining us at TIOT and AJJ, much appreciated. Stay safe, Valerie

CraftingMum said...

Lovely cards, especially the sloth! Thanks for sharing them at Colour crazy craft challenge. Louise

Chris said...

Wow! Your Season of the Witch card is fantastic, so many details and layers, the more I look the more I see. Thank you for sharing this fabulous creation at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Carole J said...

I hope your neck pain ceases real soon, Aimeslee! Thank you for sharing your fabulous witchy scene at Gecko Galz. The GG witches are rather sulky and huffy - definitely a touch of jealousy there :) xx

nwilliams6 said...

Very detailed and very fun creations. The witches are FABULOUS!!!! You are very creative.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Great collection of projects here. Nice work. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Annette DT

Melanie said...

Wow Wow Wow... These are amazing. I love your scene building skills. The witches are priceless. Thank you so much for sharing.

Melanie
Paperfunday Challenge

Darlene said...

HOLY MOLY ... so much work went into this amazing scene ... well done! You certainly haven't let that neck pain get in the way of your art! Hope today is a better day!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Aimeslee, Love your Halloween art and the addition of the two grumpy witches is just great. Great pay on words with your little sloth, he looks very chilled.
Sorry to read you're experiencing so much pain, I do hope it improves.
Avril xx
p.s. Thanks for sharing this over at Try it on Tuesday. x

Passions & Distractions said...

That sloth has the right life motto! Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!

Chrissy said...

Love your cute sloth..
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

My name is Erika. said...

So sorry to hear about your neck Aimeslee. I sure hope that doctor was wasn't just wrong about 10 years but wrong period! I love both of your pieces today. But the Halloween card is lots of fun. I'm not a fan of the Bachelor or Bachelorette, but it is a great idea to think of the ghost handing a rose to one of those lovely ladies. Thanks for linking up with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hope the neck improves. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

And I just saw that you joined us at ARt Journal JOurney also. Thanks so much for that!

Furrbster said...

These are great!!

Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a gorgeous Halloween scene! The panel makes a beautiful addition to all your seasonal decorations - perfect 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Everything in this post(except your painful neck) made me smile! The witches are all such fun as its the bachelor ghost" I love the webbed background and I also love that this is for my theme at AJJ as well as an entry for Try It On Tuesday! Thanks for both! There's something about sloths that makes them so appealing, maybe that little half smile that always have! Love your yoga loving sloth especially though! I hope your neck gets better soon, sounds as though your honey is taking care of you! Hugs, Chrisx

Laurie said...

Your Season of the Witch card is great! I love the colors and the overall design and balance are perfect. Cute sentiment as well. And the purple curtain really frames the little witches just right. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Sue said...

Oh Aimeslee I love your Halloween art! I can tell that you had a lot of fun making this, and there's so much to see. I hope your neck gets better soon (no need to tell your honey when it does, it's always nice to be taken care of lol) Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a very happy Halloween, Sue xx

Mandy said...

Aimeslee I am sorry to hear you are in pain. I love your sunshiney attitude to it it will keep you going when times are tough. Don't get too close to an oven when your honey has slathered you though (just in case LOL)

Your artwork is amazing. So many elements and really complex. I love how you showed the background on your halloween one so we can see the detail.

Sloths are so funny to watch, they actually have the most funny expressions on their faces like they are smiling ALL THE TIME. I am fascinated by them and baby ones.... well they just get you in the feels.

Take care, and hope you get relief from your pain xxx

Thank you very much for entering your artwork into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥
DT for The Paper Funday Challenges
Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

Evelyn Walter said...

Hi Aimeslee! I hope you feel better.
Beautiful Halloween scene you made. Love it!
Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts! Evelyn xx