Sunday, October 25, 2020

I Am The One Who Knocks!

 Yes, it's me again! FYI: Between now and Saturday, I may be posting more than once a day! I try not to do that, but I have a backlog of stuff to share. Today is my annual Breaking Bad parody. I've made a 4x6" piece for Sunday Postcard Art's new theme "Skulls" (which makes me caught up again for a few days). Then I added a card base and made it into a 4x6" greeting card.

A few years back, I made my first BB card, copying a trend I'd seen on Pinterest. And every year I've made another one, using the same papers and images. (I keep the outside and inside sentiments, skull and hat files in a subfolder on my computer.) This year, I made it as a 4x6" postcard, then I discovered I needed a few more Halloween cards to mail off, so I added it to a card base.

No hand-stamping on the front or coloring, just paper layers, fussy-cutting and a little edge tool-distressing. I love that the colorful lines of the base mat peeking out coupled with the Spanish style hat makes it look Mexican to me. There were some unsavory Mexican characters in Breaking Bad, so HEY Serendipity!

Now, on the inside I did hand-stamp a few Third Coast Stamps Halloween images along with the computer-generated and printed out sentiment. 

And on the back I hand-stamped a Lost Coast siggie stamp and colored it with Promarkers and Sakura Metallic gel pen. 

I loved that TV series. The subject matter was sleezy and at times depressing, but it was edgy and well-written, and the performances were just too good to miss. If you've never seen it, do stream it! I always recommend it and Mad Men unconditionally. Both, from start to finish. :-)

Thanks for visiting and stay well and safe! XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
6.   C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #574: Memories -- making this card is a memory I repeat every year as I've written, above.
9.   IYGACAC #153 -- I was inspired by colors, spiderwebs and topic. 
11. Cardz 4 Guys #256: Colors of Fall -- this card is actually going to a guy

10 comments:

Chris said...

Brilliant Halloween make, fabulous stamps and design . Thank you for entering the CRAFT Challenge this week.
Chris
GDT

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful collection! Your skull card is brilliant.

Billie A said...

Great fun card. I love the image and the color. The side papers is the perfect touch of colors. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 guyz (and Aud Sentiments)

Michele said...

stunning card! I didnt know about your BB tradition so I'll be watching for it next year! xo

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Thanks for playing along with us at UYS.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Awesome Halloween cards. The recipients will love all your hard work. The skull rocks my world!! I made 4 TJ Halloween cards and can't find them to mail off. Sad eh?

dj said...

Well now...you rocked our masculine//fall colors challenge!! That hat and designer papers does give it a Mexican feel! We are watching Queen of the South on Netflix and it made me think of that show!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

missgailly said...

This is cool! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

Donna Walls said...

Great Halloween Project and I love the image. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna, DT

ahlers5 said...

I LOVE this card. Great design on the fron...and the back is finishes too!!! We never missed an episode of Breaking Bad. It was a great series.