Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Cow Gals Birthday Card

Howdy, Y'all! I have a birthday card to share for another of my high school girlfriends who is in our Lunch Ladies group. While making this card, it hit me full force just how long it's been since I've seen my lunch buddies.

I'm hoping that she still listens to Country music. I know she used to. There are some a few Texans who cannot stand it. At any rate, I believe she will love these dancing gals, because she used to love to go dancing at our local "Stomp" so hopefully this will remind her of those times. The ladies and sentiments are all from Art Impressions Cowgirls stamp set which I just received and had to try out. I want to go dancing with them, don't you? :-)

  
I used the current TGIFC challenge sketch, but I resized it to A7 and flipped it vertically in PSE, as my sentiments worked better. I used one of my SU tag topper punches for the tag elements. The card base and tag elements were cut from Kraft card stock and I used papers from Authentique's Frontier collection. I also used some black Bazill shimmer card stock for the base mat.


I used VersaFine Clair Acorn ink and heat-embossed in clear EP for all the stamping. The gals were colored with ProMarkers. I had leftover white stars cut with Verve's Starry Night die from my Wizard card and I found an Avery Elle Star Frame piece cut from the black Bazill so I used it underneath the tag elements. It reminded me of a lasso or coiled barbed wire or some such. To keep the eye moving, I arranged everything just a tad bit wonky. I figure I should work on mastering wonky arrangements since in my old age I am slowly losing my ability to paper layer precisely. So I should just should embrace it.

On the back, more of the Authentique paper I used to mat the tag elements. I added some Marvy punched corners in the shimmer black card stock, and heat-embossed my stamped custom siggie.

A close-up of the gals...

...the sentiments and the Eyelet Outlet brads.

And a final look. Hope you enjoyed my card. Thanks for dropping by this Hump Day. Enjoy the rest of your week and stay well and safe! XOXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.   #TGIFC272 Sketch Challenge -- sketch is shown above
2..   Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes 7/12-7/25: These Boots Were Made For Walking -- I've used ladies dressed in cowgirl boots and patterned paper with boots and boot brads.
3.    Art Impression Challenge #286: Rustic Roundup Week 2 Rustic or Americana Theme -- I've used patriotic colors for these Rustic Americana country music Cow Gals celebrating a birthday with AI's Cowgirls stamp set.  

4.  NBUS Challenge #16: AAG -- My NBUS items are my Cowgirls stamp set and my new Eyelet Outlet brads.  

5.  Country View July Challenge: Do What Makes You Happy -- This card makes me doubly happy as I love to remember dancing fun in my youth and sometimes will still attempt it (briefly and badly) in my living room. And I also love to color, of course!
6.   Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 27: AG with Colouring -- I coloured my image with ProMarkers.
7.   The Paper Girls Challenge #203: Stars & Stripes -- I have used stars on the front and stripes on the back.
8.   Scrapping 4 Fun #170: Birthday
9.   Classic Design Challenge #7: AAG

13 comments:

Billie A said...

Cute card.. Those ladies are having fun doing the boot scootin boogie.. I am so glad you shared your card over at Colour Crazy challenge.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love this. Your girlfriend will love it too. The images are spot on for her. Great job with the sketch!!

Meggymay said...

A fabulous happy card for your friend, she will love it. The dancers all look as if they ate having loads of fun.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

They certainly look like they're having lots of fun, but I wouldn't want them treading on my toes in those boots!! Fabulous hoe-down heels up card, especially with the denim touches.
Alison x

ahlers5 said...

How cute! I love the image and those tags are marvelous!

Tami Hewlett said...

What a fun card! Love how you customized the sketch and added all the fun details. Thanks for playing with TGIF Challenges this week!

Leslie said...

OMGoodness, what a FUN card! Aren't AI stamps the best?! Great design, as always! And I see a new challenge I'm going to play in... NBUS... I have lots of stash to use there, lol! Thanks for the heads-up! Stay safe and well, my friend!

Joy Wilson said...

Oh my goodness this is an awesome card... So much fun! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Joy DT



Joyfully Stamps

Tammy said...

What an awesome birthday card Aimeslee!! I love the fun dancing cowgirls and how you added the sentiment, great design!
Tammy x

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that image of the dancing ladies - AI makes some terrific stamps, for sure. The setting is perfect for the situation you describe. I’m sure your friend will love it!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Gorgeous card and so fun!
Thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun card and image love the B.paper and brilliant sentiment-great little brad embellishments too
Carol x

dmbennett said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun Challenges.

Dawn DT