Friday, July 10, 2020

Playing in my Stamp Journal

Hey Y'all. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Honey and I are grateful for our air conditioning today. Wednesday night some switch decided to go out right after dark, so he called our a/c company and was able to get an appt. Thursday afternoon. The technician diagnosed the switch and said we needed an electrician to fix it, but he would do a temporary work around. I got on the phone and called the company who replaced our water heater last year and they didn't do electrical but they gave me the number of their guy. Called him and he answered and came over in an hour, was working nearby. We were back in biz before suppertime. VERY LUCKY. The weekend's forecast is in the low 100's every day. It really wasn't bad sleeping or waiting the next day, although I felt lightheaded and like I couldn't replace my fluids as fast as I was sweating them out. I'm convinced that the black out curtains we bought a year or two ago for all of our windows made a big difference in keeping the chilled air in for longer. I was half-skeptical at the time but our electric bills have been lower as well, so I'm a believer now. Anyway, we are both still taking it easy and resting. I was sick with a digestive upset Monday and Tuesday. I'm shocked nothing has happened today but it's not over yet, lol.

So, I'm here to share another art journal page I did in the 7x7 Stonehenge Wired Stamp Journal. All hand stamped and colored with ProMarkers, Polychronos colored pencils, Sakura metallic glitter pen and a bit of Distress ink blending. No masking this time, just good old-fashioned stamping with Memento Tuxedo black ink. And as you may know, I do love to color!

As for the stamps I used, I'll go clockwise beginning with the flock of birds (Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz); porch flag and house (Impression Obsession/Serendipity); We The People (Technique Tuesday); embellishments above and below (Clear Dollar); patriotic parade of kids (Flourishes); musical staff (Inkadinkado); miscellaneous notes (Clear Dollar); quotation (Artistic Outpost); and starry photo corner (Stampabilities).

I need a few more summer themed decos to display and this was a good addition. I enjoy choosing the stamps, designing the layout, and then coloring it, all without having to collage or use glue, gesso, paint, etc. I really don't know what it's supposed to be called but I call it Stamp Journaling. I think once I get more comfortable with it, I will try one with watercolors since this is nice watercolor paper.

Thanks for the visit and I hope we all have a pleasurable weekend. I plan to be inside a LOT, haha. Stay well and safe! XOXOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.   Outlaws Twisted Thursday Challenge 7/2-7/15: AG + Opt. Journal Page -- I've played the option!
2.   Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 26: AG with Colouring -- I listed what I coloured with in above post.
3.   Art Journal Journey July: When It's Hot -- when it's hot, it's the 4th of July! :-)
4.   Country View Challenge July: Do What Makes You Happy -- I love to art journal, stamp and color!
5.   Arty Divas Challenge #25: AG + Opt. Yellow -- I've used yellow (house and flowers), hopefully enough to have played the option, which did not say how much we had to use... :-)
6.   Crafty Cardmakers #260: Create Your Own Background
7.   Simply Create Too #162: Red, White & Blue
8.   The Sisterhood of Crafters: INK It Up! (Use Ink on your Project) -- I've used alcohol ink markers, Distress inks and Memento Dye ink.
9.   Artistic Stamper July Challenge: In the Home - Home means neighborhood, neighbors, playmates, pride in your home and community and country. :-)
10. Classic Design Challenge #7 July: AAG
11. Time Out Challenge #165: Days Gone By - I was inspired by my childhood memories of traditional Americana   


19 comments:

ahlers5 said...

Wow, what a great page. I love that house stamp with the flag. Ran right over to find a website with it...found it! Beautiful work. It was 108 degrees here today. Just a tad warm. At least the humidity wasn't too bad. We don't have air conditioning only an evaporative cooler.

Meggymay said...

A wonderful selection of stamps, you have created a fantastic summer scene in your journal. Thank you for linking your page with Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey Aimeslee.
It sounds really hot where you live and here I am wanting it to be a bit warmer when we reach about 70 degrees.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a happy hot weather page Aimeslee. I am glad you decided to play along this month. It is fun just to stamp sometimes, isn’t it? And I haven’t seen any Flourishes stamps on items for awhile but I like mine. I don’t have this one though. Thanks so much for joining in my challenge at AJJ. This is a fun entry. And glad you got your AC fixed. We’ve been on the 90s and very humid here in NH so I can’t image being over 100 and dealing with the heat. Stay cool and safe hugs Erika

Darlene said...

WOWZA what a beautiful scene you have created and your coloring is perfect! Awesome placement ... not sure I could have done quite so well LOL. Thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is wonderful! I love how you filled the whole page with the scene and it really feels like the 4th of July!

The Distress Stencil technique I used for my background is just distress ink and the technique can be seen in this video by Jennifer McGuire
https://youtu.be/nDmEcnKrMus

I was going to do another post with some tips and tricks but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

J said...

What a lovely page - thank you for sharing it with us in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jackie

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ohh My!! I really love how you made this page! It looks like a happy procession! Chrisxx

Alyson Mayo said...

What a terrific scene you created! There is so much detail in every section and your colouring is awesome. So much to take in... must have taken you a long time to complete it.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Dear Aimeslee. Thank you for your lovely kind comment and encouragement.. the LORD does know what we can bear and is with us in it all.
Love your colouring... you've excelled and I too love it and mixing media too eg alcohol markers snd pencil..
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Tammy said...

What a fabulous patriotic page, I love gorgeous scene you created!
Tammy x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page and great scene you created with all your stamps and brilliant colouring -high Summer here and been quite cool and loads and loads of heavy rain!!!Hope you are both feeling better now
Carol x

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Beautiful page! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at The Artistic Stamper
WIshing you good luck to join us DT as a guest !

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You made this calendar page fabulous, such a colorful
and happy scene !!!
Have a happy week,Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is an incredible journal entry, Aimeslee. I like all the stamps you chose, the stars and stripes, and the children plyaing in front of that house with the great flag. You created a real beauty and it does remind me of July 4th. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey.

Words and Pictures said...

What a delightful page... lovely delicate images, beautifully coloured, and the parade of musical children put a smile on my face. Sounds like you're going to be glad of that air conditioning for sure!
Alison x

Jill V said...

Such a fun and nostalgic design - a great take on our inspiration theme. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

So beautiful and nice work.Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Birgit said...

What a darling patriotic scene you've created! Thanks for linking up to the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge. Best of luck to you!

Quillish said...

Aww.. I love this! Such a creative and lovely scene for the Days gone by challenge! The details are so beautiful and so is your coloring. Thank you for joining us at Time out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani