Thursday, June 11, 2020

So Many Candles!

Happy Thursday! I am finally back to share a card. After having a few frustrating days not being able to get focussed, I just gave up and took a break. Luckily for me I got back in gear to finish this before needing to mail it off!

It's a card for a dear friend from high school who is never without a pun or joke, so she can take a little ribbing. I went with the too-many-candles-fire-hazard theme because her son is an EMS Fireman. Looking through my images for a cake with candle-overload I remembered this Stella image.

  
So I combined her with the current Bugaboo sketch, using it pretty much as is, just resizing it to 5x7.

I cut an green SU card base and used white Springhill index stock as the mat after embossing it with a Cuttlebug candles folder. I painted the embossed flames with my yellow Wink of Stella glitter brush pen. I used various Washi tapes from my stash at the top and bottom of the card front. I printed out Stella and colored her with ProMarkers, then fussy cut her and popped her up a bit with thin dimensionals. I cut a hexagon using a QK Revolution die and stamped the Hero Arts and Clear Dollar sentiments in black Versafine. And just for grins, I got out my Carbon Fountain Desk Pen and hand-doodled a border. A few sequins and gold stars finish off the card front.

For the card back, I took a scrap of old birthday stationary and embossed it with a Darice Balloons folder, then laid down a few more washi tape strips and punched out my stamped Impression Obsession siggie. My friend knows me as Amy, so that is how I signed it.

The inside of the features stamped sentiments by CAS-ual Fridays and Clear Dollar.

Close-up of the shineys ~~~ ;-)

And a side angle to show the embossed balloons on the card back.  For some reason I was into white on white embossing with this card. Oh well, I think it's cool and so will she. Hopefully, she will get a chuckle, too.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great evening. Stay well and safe! XOX

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
1.   Bugaboo Stella Says Sketch 811: Sketch is shown above and I've used a Bugaboo Stella image.
2.   Happy Little Stampers June CAS Challenge: Party -- this is what I consider CAS and since it's the last challenge before hiatus, I wanted to play and hopefully this squeaks by as CAS enough! :-) . My card is birthday party themed.  

3.   Outlawz Twisted Thursdays 6/4-17: AG + Twist-Party Time -- I've played the twist with a birthday party theme.
4.   Outlawz Crash Your Stash for May/June: Washi Tape
5.   Creative Fingers Challenge #187: AAG
6.   I Love ProMarkers Challenge #412: AG - I did NOT play the option of For a Boy.
7.   613 Avenue Create #242: AG -- I did NOT play the blended background option, just AG.
8.   Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 21: AG with Colouring -- I coloured my focal image with ProMarkers.
9.   Classic Design June Challenge #6: AAG 
10. Aud Sentiments #253: Sentiment + AG
11. The Crafters Cafe #244: AG & 11 Challenges Max

10 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Aimslee,
Love the card, great image.. and what clever use of embossing folders too. Well done!!
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X #26

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous card! I bet your friend loved it 😁. All those candles, that's what my cake would look like too ...lol 😉. Happy Friday and Weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Elaine Stark said...

A great sentinment. Super card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Chana Malkah said...

Hey, Aimeslee! You absolutely nailed the challenge! I love this card it has detail, texture, color, and fabulous cohesion. All the visual goodies! Thanks so much for a fun and beautiful response to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Leslie said...

That's a fantastic card! I've played that card on a friend or two myself and it always goes over so well! I know your friend will love it!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh, your Stella card is funny and just perfect! I know this carx will definitely crake a smile! I stay in touch and visit with high-school friends too.

Cara said...

What a fabulously fun card Aimeslee! I love the washi tape and I really like how you did up the back of the card as well!
((Hugs)) Cara

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I so love this beautiful card- how beautifully put together! Great embossing folder and funny sentiment. Thanks for joining in with the Sketch challenge at Catch the Bug/Bugaboo!

NickScrapShack said...

Fantastic card! Love the colours and you done a great job with the sketch. I love the mix of paper, washi tape and banner at the top, it look so pretty. Funny sentiment inside the card to, it made me giggle!
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at I LOVE PROMARKERS. Best of luck! Nick

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

Such a fun card! I love Stella, her attitude always makes me giggle and you used her to great effect! Thanks so much for joining us for the Aud Sentiments Challenge.
Jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts xx
https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/