Friday, June 12, 2020

A Wedding Remembered

TGIF, Dear Blogging Friends~! I hope you are all relaxing from surviving the week. Today I have a Wedding Anniversary card to share, celebrating a dear friend's 25th Silver Anniversary. June is the Wedding Month and there are multiple blog challenges right now with Wedding themes. Well, I do not know a single soul who is getting married right now (COVID-19 has made that sort of impossible as to having a wedding), so I am hoping the challenge gatekeepers will allow Wedding Anniversary cards! I'm gonna enter and let them tell me if I am disqualified.

This friend lives in an area which is still under stay at home orders, so they are celebrating with takeout delivered. Where I live, you can get a huge jug of margerita mix with your meal delivered from all the Mexican restaurants. I have friends who order regularly, LOL. Wish Honey would do takeout right now, but he won't. I haven't had a burger or Mexican food in over 3 months now. OMG!

  
I used one of Try Stampin On Tuesday's current sketches. I moved my vertical strip closer to the center because it looked better with background that way, but it's not in the middle.

Because the lace I used (from my mom's stash) is quite thick, I popped up the purple strip and the sentiment on 1/8" dimensionals, something I rarely use since I mail so many cards. I usually use 1/16". For this one I splurged and sent it in a bubble mailer.

I started out by making a masterboard background pattern of irises using a stamp from Sweet n Sassy's Happy Irises set, stamping on some Bazzill silver shimmer card stock. I silver-heat-embossed and coloured them all with ProMarkers, then cut down a piece for the card front background matted on a piece of SU purple card stock.

I generated the sentiment in PSE. The veil, cake and hat are all leftover die cuts from a calendar I bought years and years ago.

For the inside, I used Papertrey Ink and Hampton Art sentiment stamps.

The back of the card: I used the leftover piece of background I'd cut the front background from, along with a leftover strip and a purple scrap for stamping and heat-embossing my personalized siggie in silver. The mat is a piece of 4.5 x 6.5-inch DCWV mat stack card stock. I had bought several of these over the years and keep what is left next to where I assemble my cards. Comes in handy when I'm being lazy and need something right then. The colors here are not good. The mat is more purple in real life.


A couple of close-ups to note the shiny silver metallic ribbon peeking out from behind the white lace, the silver DCWV patterned card stock and the silver-embossed irises.

Thanks for visiting and stay well and safe -- but have a wonderful weekend! XOX

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
1.   TSOT Challenge Sketch 460 + Opt. Sweet Treats -- sketch is shown above, and I have played the Sweet Treats option with wedding cake!
2.   IYGACAC #144: Photo Inspiration -- I was inspired by the flowers and the colors.  

3.   Creative Artiste MM Challenge #61: AAG -- I have combined paper, alcohol markers, fabrics (lace and ribbon), ephemera, embossing ink and embossing powder.
4.   The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge: Here Comes the Bride -- I hope you accept a wedding anniversary card
5.   Crazy 4 Challenges C4C538: Use Real or Faux Lace -- I've used real lace.
6.   More Mixed Media June Challenge: AG + Opt. Purple -- I've used a lot of purple to play the option.
7.   Crafty Cardmakers #258: Wedding -- I hope you accept a wedding anniversary card
8.   Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge #100: Celebrate It! -- Celebrating a wedding anniversary and I've hand-stamped the irises all over the background and heat-embossed them in silver ep.  

9.   Classic Design Challenge #6: AAG 
10. Outlawz Festive Fridays 6/12-25: Wedding theme
11. Sparkles Monthly Challenge #128: Use a Real Stamp (No Digi) -- I hand stamped the iris background with a Sweet n Sassy Happy Irises clear stamp
12. Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 22: AG with Colouring -- I used ProMarkers to colour the irises I stamped on my background.

19 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is beautiful! You are right, there aren’t any weddings going on. I think people could just get married anyhow, as planned, but then have a celebration at some later date. But I think most aren’t doing that.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

lovely anniversary card!! I can't see why the contests wouldn't allow a wedding anniversary card.

Have a great weekend, Aimes.

Hugs

Bethie

Leslie said...

SO pretty! Love the purples - your friend is really gonna love this!

Donna Ellis said...

Your card is beautiful! I hope the happy couple enjoys many more precious years together. Wishing you success with the challenges - most wedding challenges do include the anniversary theme. big hugs,
de

Heather said...

Such a pretty card - I love all the purple! Your wedding images are so lovely, perfect for an anniversary card - love that cake! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

J said...

What a lovely card - Thank you for joining in with my challenge and sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Margaret Mifsud said...

Your card really is gorgeous but, I'm afraid, the Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is for Weddings only. We have a new Challenge every fortnight and I sincerely hope you will decide join in with another Challenge at a later date. x

Darlene said...

Beautiful card and of course I love it even more because it's in my favorite color! LOL Yep I'm approving your Wedding 'anniversary' card for our challenge! I'm happy you shared in our challenge fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful card! The irises especially look fabulous! Hugs,Chrisx

Helen said...

A beautiful design - thanks for sharing it with us at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Helen x

Alyson Mayo said...

This is a very different wedding card and it's so interesting to see all the elements you used. I love the cake between the veil and the top hat. 25 years of marriage is a big celebration... I am sure the recipients will treasure this card :)

Laurie said...

Lovely anniversary card. So much detail and wonderful elements. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Fiona said...

Such a pretty card - thanks for sharing with us at TSOT this week.

Donna Scholz said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful wedding anniversary card with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday, Aimeslee! Congrats to your friend and her 25th anniversary as well!!! Well coordinated colors and great interpretation of our sketch! Thank you for sharing!!! -Donna

Tammy said...

Gorgeous anniversary card Aimeslee, I love all of the flowers and that beautiful lace! Your friends will love it.
Tammy x

Words and Pictures said...

I love the dimension on this card (well worth the bubble envelope to send it). The lace is beautiful, and those irises are really gorgeous. I'm sure it will be treasured. Sorry I've not been visiting much - busy with new stamp release - but hopefully getting back to normal for a while now.
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful card! I'm loving the iris master board that you created - gorgeous 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste and wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

ionabunny said...

The irises make a very pretty background. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

Deanne Saunders said...

Pretty card!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but with everything going on, I’m just getting around to doing this.
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper