Sunday, June 21, 2020

Here's to You Dad Tag

I am popping in tonight after spending a wonderful day with the father of my child aka Honey! Don't remember if I have ever mentioned this, but he sees me give it my all working hard on the cards and other art I make, so he will often insist on my not making him one on his special days. He knows that while I live for it and it's my passion, he also knows how much it wears me out (and stresses me out if I'm rushing). It's just one of the reasons I love him so. And I do manage to sneak some cards for him -- always anniversary and valentine cards -- but this Father's Day I made a gift tag to go with the present I bought him.

I found this fabulous digital image called King For The Day over at Mo's Digital Pencil, and I knew I had to have it because he reminds me of Honey so much that even Honey agrees! And that's exactly how Honey sits in his Man Cave recliner. (I often tease him about not getting up out of it for hours, that he is all settled in to ReclinerWorld - LOL).

I resized it in PSE (that's a 5-inch circle, I wanted it big), printed out on Springhill index stock and colored it up with my ProMarkers. The sentiment is an Avery Elle stamp. I didn't have any circle dies big enough, so I pulled out my trusty older-then-dirt Coluzzles for the circular "die cut".

Now, for some reason my brain farted and I failed to realize I should just cut another Coluzzle circle for the back (to give it stability and a separate stamping surface so as not to show through). Oh no, I thought the largest Spellbinders Cicle die would be just fine. So it looks a bit dorky but I plan to hang it in my art corner where only the front will show. And the littler circle did it's job fine. All three sentiments are Verve stamps.

Honey was impressed I used an image that at least "remotely" favors him -- HA! And I had fun making him a little something arty to go with his new weather station he has been wanting. Plus, I get a new tag for my art corner. Life is Good in ReclinerWorld! Hope you and yours had a great day too.

Thanks for dropping by and stay well and safe! XOX

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
1.  Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #292: AG with Mo
2.  Try it on Tuesday: Make It Masculine
3.  I Love ProMarkers #412: AG + Opt. For a Boy -- I've played the option.
4.  Creative Fingers #188: AAG
5.  Crafty Cardmakers #259: Masculine
6.  Outlawz Twisted Thursdays 6/18-7/1: AG + Opt. For Him -- I've played the option.
7.  Paper Funday #18: AG + Opt. Masculine -- I've played the option
8.  Paper Girls #202: Circles
9.  Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 23: AG + Colouring -- I used ProMarkers to color my tag.
10. Classic Design #6: AAG

17 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

How nice that DH recognizes the work that goes into your artwork. This tag is so wonderful. Love the pink chair!

Leslie said...

Love it! Great image and I ALWAYS love reading your posts! You crack me up! Hope Honey had a great Father's Day! ;)

Helen said...

Cool Dad image!!! Awesome card!!! Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

NickScrapShack said...

Splendid tag! Looks great on that gift bag too. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at I LOVE PROMARKERS. Best of luck! Nick

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fun image! No wonder your HONEY was impressed! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday again ! Chrisx

Sharon Noble said...

This is adorable thank you for joining us at I 🥰 pro markers big hugs from Sharon Noble ( The Noble Crafter on Facebook)

Joan said...

I love your image, reminds me of my OH who seems glued to his recliner


Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

Joan

Margaret Mifsud said...

Fabulous tag. Such a cute, fun image! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Aimeslee, that's a fabulous image, such fun and just perfect that Honey was impressed too, and great colouring on the image.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday
Avril x

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous special tag. I can relate to the recliner image, My OH spends his day in one so we can be together downstairs in our home.
Its a super happy image.
Thank you for linking to the theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

Alyson Mayo said...

What a great tag - I think this image is appropriate for SO many men! Great colouring and a perfect setting for a Father's Day tag!

Words and Pictures said...

Great colouring on the image - and it brightens up the gift bag perfectly.
Alison x

Grenouille Greetings said...

A fabulously coloured image! Love the colour of that recliner and your hubby is obviously wearing Goldtoe Socks to match his shirt. It's great to see you joining in the fun at Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge with this fun tag!

Donna Walls said...

Very smart gift tag, excellent coloring as well. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenges! Donna, DT Member

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun tag! Love the image of the guy on the recliner - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! I hope you've had a lovely week! Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Jo said...

Fab make.....recliner world looks like a real comfortable place to be! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers!
Jo x

Regina said...

it's a card full of joy! Really made me smile!
Thanks for playing along with us this month.
Regina DT-Member of Paper Funday Challen