Sunday, May 17, 2020

Finally Well Enough to Post!

Hello. Did ya miss me? I am sooooo behind on my blog visiting and even my emails and messages. I have been one sick puppy for the last 10 days, but am finally on the mend. Honey and I both got bamboozled by our pollen allergies, and then I guess the inflammation from that woke up my Arthur-itises, and eventually I was in so much pain I could not use my fingers if I could remember what to use them for. It's a long story, but we both did Teledoc visits, then had to go to my hospital's drive-through lab, then get a steroid shot. That and and the meds greatly helped the postnasal drip and coughing but they are very strong and I've basically been sleeping a lot and then can't focus on anything when awake. Still not 100% and may not be until the pollens burn off in our heat, so thank goodness I'd made Honey's mom her Mother's Day card early.

Some of you old-skool scrap bookers may recognize that huge flower -- I have a very old stash of Heidi Swapp giant flowers that are at least a decade old. And if you don't believe that, check out THIS BLOG POST from 2010. LOL Well, I thought they fit this card design and colors well, so my muse has decided they are getting used.

My design was inspired by the May sketch at Stick It Down. I adjusted the elements to fit my 6x6 shape better. I made ample use of my Spellbinders 6x6 Art Deco Fairmont Labels cutting and arranging my SEI Sunny Day patterned papers in an inlaid fashion. The card base is Bazzill card stock. The yellow Lawn Fawn banner and computer-generated sentiment on flag banner die cuts are yellow scraps. I used my ancient Quickutz Blossom alphabet dies for cutting MOM using pink scraps.

I layered a pink heat-embossed scalloped Spellbinders circle cut out of scrap on top of the Heidi flower. Then on top of that, several yellow faux silk yellow flowers, a leftover snowflake die cut peeking out, and on top a Gecko Galz siren image from their By The Sea collage sheet, die cutting the image with a Spellbinder circle die and then adhering it to another pink heat-embossed scrap die cut a tad larger. There's a large flat head brad in there holding it all together.

For the inside, I'd wanted to find a really good quote and when I Googled, I found several. So, I made a collage on a light yellow base in PSE and printed it all out on my inkjet and die cut it with the Fairmont die. Same on the right side but using a piece of white card stock. I hand-stamped the Avery Elle sentiment and then printed out the We Are 3 digi sentiment from Special Wishes set and die cut it using Spellbinders Labels 8 die.

I used the leftovers from the Fairmont die cuts on the back - love how I can do that, heehee. Then with another scrap I used my Spellbinders Framed Floral die to cut a frame for my Impression Obsession stamped siggie.

So, Honey delivered it and a Whitman Sampler. My mother-in-law loved both. At 90 years old, she's a cherished treasure. And perhaps my biggest card fan, so no way would I not make one for her. I hope every mom had something special on their day. Stay well and safe, XOX.

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.   Stick It Down May Sketch -- sketch is shown above
2.   Gecko Galz Blog May Challenge: Vintage Botanicals
3.   Gecko Galz Facebook Challenge: Make A Project That Shows You Care -- details are in post above 
4.   Creations in Pink May Challenge #22: AG in Mainly Pink (more pink than any other color) -- I took my inspiration from Irene and Nikki's DT sample HERE.
5.   More Mixed Media May Challenge: AG + Opt. PINK -- I have played the option.
6.   Try It On Tuesday: Lovely Ladies
7.   Paper Girls #199: Hello May Photo Inspiration -- I was inspired by the circle, flowers and pink, yellow, orange colors.
8.   Scrapping 4 Fun #166: Ladies
9.   Aud Sentiments #251: Sentiment + AG
10. Happy Little Stampers May AG with Dies -- all dies used are mentioned in my post 
11. The Crafters Cafe #242: Feminine

16 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Aimeslee this card with the face in the flower is not only clever but really beautiful. Pink and yellow work so well together, don't they? Thanks for sharing it with us at Try It On Tuesday. And hope you are well and staying safe. Hugs-Erika

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Hey, I had a big flower for my scrapbooking. How times have changed. Your card is gorgeous! I'm sure MIL loved it. Your B&W photo is adorable in the centre of the flower. The yellow and pink are so spring-like, and of course we can't leave the back of your card without saying--outstanding.

Indeed I did miss you. I showed a girl at work my binder of ATC's and guess which one she gravitated to? Yours. I do love it!

I'm so sorry that you and hubby were so sick. I'm glad you're better now.

Hugs,
Bethie

Leslie said...

YESSSSS, I've missed you! Last night I decided that I was going to shoot you an email this morning to make sure everything was okay. So sorry you and Honey and have been sick... that sucks. But glad it wasn't coronavirus and glad you're on the mend! Love, love, love this project with the vintage big flower! So cool! And such a neat image! Hugs!

Donna Ellis said...

Sorry to hear how ill you've been Aimes. That shouldn't happen to ANYONE, let alone someone so dear and kind as you. The good news is that you are on the mend, and hopefully, that awful pain will somewhat abate so you can get back to living an artful life. Your MIL must have been utterly happy with this beautiful card. Love the way you used that flower, and continued layering other textures around the center. Fabulousness! hugs, de

Heather (goldiecar) said...

Lovely project! Perfect for Mother's Day. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Girls Challenge Blog! http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2020/05/challenge-199-happy-may-day-image.html

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

What gorgeous and vivid colors. The pink and yellow look so pretty together. Your pictures inside the flower is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

Zoechaos said...

What a masterpiece everything goes so well together and there is nothing like finding out why you kept something in your stash all this time is there!. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, keep well, stay safe & HAVE FUN x

Meggymay said...

It is a fantastic design for your mothers day card. Thank you for sharing it with us ar Try it on Tuesdays and I hope you will be feeling much better soon.
Yvonne xx

MJ's Kraze said...

Great mother's day card. I love that large flower. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
Mandi, card DT.

Mrs.B said...

Sorry to read that you've been unwell, glad your're on the mend now.
This is a lovely card and I'm not surprised your MiL loved it, it's a beautiful design, and fits so well with our challenge at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my Goodness! You really have had a rough time! Glad you are getting better! Ooh! and another beauty for Try It On Tuesday! Thank you so much for sharing this - your Mum is very lucky! Hugs, Chrisx

Alyson Mayo said...

What a great idea to use a large flower as a circle and add details in the center. This is a terrific card for Mother’s Day :)

Let's Art Journal said...

So pleased to hear that you made feeling better, I was getting a bit worried when I visited and you hadn't posted anything. Sending you get well wishes 😀. Beautiful Mother's Day card, the pink and yellow looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

cass said...

Great design! Thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our Feminine Challenge" at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

Leslie said...

Back with a DT hat on, still diggin' this huge flower! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Stick It Down May Card Sketch challenge! We appreciate you joining us!
Hugs,
Leslie, SID Card Team
Love To Scrap 2

OlgaB said...

That big flower adds lovely detail to your wonderful card! So glad you are well again!
Thank you for joining Creations in Pink.
Hugs from Africa
OlgaB