Saturday, April 11, 2020

Some Bunny Loves You

Easter Greetings and thanks for stopping by. I have another seasonal card to share using another Easter Bunny from Bugaboo.

 This cute shy corner peeker is one of 14 in the Bunny Blocks Mini Set and would you believe this is my first time to use any of them? I combined him with coordinated papers from Prima's 6x6 Zephyr collection, a couple of die sets, some very old Scrapworks ribbon and my ProMarkers to make an A2 size card on a white Recollections index stock card base.

I followed the Stella Says Sketch #807 this week at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug challenge blog, resizing it to A2 in PSE. As you can see, it makes it a bit wider. I used die cut eggs in place of the flower in the sketch, but otherwise kept it pretty strict. This paper collection came with a page of tags, so I used one to stamp the EKS Image Tree sentiment.

 I printed out the image on white Springhill index stock and fussy cut it out. I left the bunny's fur white for that white color pop. Then I colored his nose and ears, background and frame with my ProMarkers. Since I was overlapping the bottom of the image and the ribbon was a bit thick, I used dimensionals to rest it flush.

 I used a Top Dog die set for the eggs (and also for the basket you will see on the inside). I ran the chisel end of an orange marker around both eggs to define them and popped one on top of the other. The little label has some pink flowers in the corner so I colored bunny's ears and nose a matching shade.


Here is the inside of the card. The large sentiment is a stamp from I Brake For Stamps that I have had forever and it still comes in handy this time of year. I rooted around in my brown paper scraps and found this old Junkitz distressed paper to cut out the basket with. The bow came from an Elizabeth Craft winter mittens die set.


For the back of the card, I stamped my personalized siggie on a round punched piece of scrap card stock and then I ran my distressing tool around it as my punch is in need of sharpening and didn't give a complete clean cut. I used a base piece cut from another sheet in the Prima collection and a leftover from the card front. I like the way the front and back are color coordinated and try to do it when I can.


Well, that does it for me this time. I will be back tomorrow on the big day to share my last East card. I hope you have a wonderful day and stay well and safe! XOX

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
1.   Bugaboo Stella Says Sketch 807 -- sketch is shown above  
2.   The Sisterhood of Crafters: Kids Cards
3.   The Paper Funday Challenge #16: AG + Opt. Easter
4.   Colour Crazy Week 13: AG with Colouring -- I used ProMarkers to color the focal image.
5.   If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge #139: AG + Opt. Photo -- I played the option and used the whole Easter Bunny vibe and bright oranges and yellows and pinks.  
6.   Creative Fingers Challenge #183: Always AG
7.   A Place To Start April Challenge: Use Ribbons and/or Bows -- I used a ribbon on the card front and a bow on the inside on the basket.
8.   Country View Challenges April: Animal Magic -- Bunny
9.   Use Your Stuff #395: Easter
10. Aud Sentiments #248: Sentiment + AG
11. Bugaboo Catch the Bug April Theme Challenge: Spring Fling -- I used a Bugaboo image.
12. Passion for Promarkers Week 537: Easter -- I used ProMarkers to color my bunny image.
13. Outlawz Festive Fridays 4/3-4/16: Easter Theme

22 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is just adorable. Love the sweet Easter images and have a Blessed Easter. Thanks for joining in the Stella Says Sketch Challenges, Lisa Lynn DT.

Donna Ellis said...

Happy Easter, Aimes! I could not help but smile at this beautifully-sunshiny, mischievous little bunny! On your blog it pops up directly to the left of your photo - both looking the same direction in little frames. so cute! LOL Seriously, your card is precious with the cute pattern papers, and sweet little eggs. There's something so quirky about Jodie's Bugaboo images that a person cannot help but feel happy and cheered just looking at them! hugs, de

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So so cute, Aimes! I love your bunny. The designer papers are very lovely, and cheerful. Your finishing touches are so nice, and you have inspired me to make the insides of my cards a little fancier. You are such an inspiration to me.

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cute little bunny sort of peeking out the window. Sentiment is perfect! Happy Easter to you!

Chris said...

Bright, beautiful and oh-so- cute! Fabulous Easter card! Thank you for playing along at catch the Bug!
Chris
x

Ella's Design said...

Another fun card, Aimeslee! Love the bright colour tones and cute Bugaboo bunny.
Thanks again for playing along with us at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

Leslie said...

OMGosh, super cute! Love Bugaboo. I've never seen a Bugaboo image that I just didn't love. I have a huge collection of digital images and my Bugaboo folder is the largest of them all. Hope you and the hubs had a wonderful Easter!

Darlene said...

Tee Hee! Love that peeking bunny! Awesome card all the way around! Well done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Helen said...

Really cute!

Love the papers you've used.

Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge Blog.

Helen x

Furrbster said...

This is such a fun card!!

Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Aunty Sue said...

Love Bugaboo that have some brilliant images for every occasion thanks for sharing them with us at PFP

NanaConnie said...

This is so adorable, Aimeslee! Love how you did the eggs in the basket. Great paper choices.

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...


What a happy card! Beautiful colors; it makes me happy! Thanks for playing along at A Place To Start! Hugz Deezy

Corrie Herriman said...

Such an adorable bunny ! Thank you so much for playing along with my 'Animal Magic' challenge over at Country View Challenges.
Corrie x

Lisa Bird said...

Wonderful card :) Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Katy said...

So cute!! Bugaboo stamps are so fun! I love that you decorate the back of the cards too. That is awesome! :)

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute Easter card Aimeslee love the P.papers and basket of eggs inside
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy
Carol DT x

Crafting with Darcy said...

So adorable, Amy! And I just love the basket of eggs!!

Leslie said...

This is awesome, my friend! So glad to see you here! Thanks for sharing this sweet card with us in the April Anything Goes + Easter challenge over at The Paper Funday Challenges! We appreciate you joining us this month!
Hugs,
Leslie, PFC DT
Love To Scrap 2

Karthikha said...

What an adorable and cheerful card! Love your work!
Thank you for sharing your work at A Place to Start challenge. All the best :)

Karthikha,
DT - A Place to Start
My Blog - K's Kards and Krafts

Words and Pictures said...

Your Easter bunny really made me smile, peeking in from the edge of the frame like that - and the basket of eggs inside is a lovely touch.
Alison x

Miriam said...

Fabulous project - thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.