Friday, April 10, 2020

Hoppy Easter Bunny Scene

Hello there! I'm finally posting the rest of my Easter cards. My goodness, it's been almost a week since I last posted. I've had a tough week mentally. I think all of the realities of the current situation hit me and gave me the melancholies. I've become withdrawn and not comfortable in my usual chatty skin. I am struggling with it still. I'm sharing this because I'm not alone by any means. What is so magical about having an art hobby is that it eventually wins out and becomes a salve for whatever is troubling me. Or at least it's a good diversion, eh? That's what I am hoping for, so I will plug on through it.


The idea for this card began when I saw Sketch Saturday's current challenge to make a scene card. I had just received my Funky Fossil order which included a 6x6 Scenic Borders stencil, so I was definitely using it. I got out my Derwent Inktense Blocks that I keep in their plastic forms and use with a wet paint brush just as if they were watercolors in a palette.


Here I'm using the grass portion of the stencil to make the green lawn. After I watercolored the blue sky, I used the top of the stencil and some a bleach wipe to make clouds. This did not work like it was supposed to and I finally figured out why: Inktenses are permanent when dry. DOH! So, I got out the trusty white chalk ink and stenciled clouds with a blending brush.

At this point, I debated just leaving the white around the bunny and the grass, and I could have easily done that. But I decided to fill it in with blue. I put up my Inktense Blocks and got out my ProMarkers to color the Bunny and his eggs. I lightly outlined the top of the grass with an Inktense Outliner pencil. Then I stamped the Our Craft Lounge sentiment and colored it with my Polychromos pencils and outlined it with a black Zig pen. Some Pink Sakura Gold Shadow gel penning on the eggs and sentiment as well.

 I had to print out the Bugaboo Easter Bunny digi on watercolor paper that would go through my printer, and I soon realized once I got it wet that it was too thin not to buckle and warp. I had cut the paper down after printing using a Stamps of Life stitched rectangle die, so I went ahead and used the gel pen to add color to the stitching in hopes that the wrinkles looks like a few errant gathers in the stitches, mostly at the top. Well hey, that's why they call it homemade, right?

 For the inside sentiment, I chose something generically sweet and loving as this was made for our daughter and son-in-love. I cannot find in my records who made the stamp, though. Sorry about that.

I had the two punched butterflies laying on my work table and just stuck them on without much thought. I like how plain and opaque they are, like white silhouettes. :-)

 And a close-up of the sentiment and my "stitching".

That's all for today's share. I have more Easter cards for Saturday and for Sunday, so I'll be back. Thanks for visiting and stay safe. XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.   Sketch Saturday #604 -- Sketch is shown above
2.   HLS Watercolor April: AG + Opt. Stars -- I did watercolor but I did not play the option.  
3.   Paper Funday #16: AG + Opt. Easter -- I played the Easter option.
4.   Colour Crazy Week 13: AG with Colouring -- I used ProMarkers, Polychromos pencils and watercolour.
5.   If You Give a Crafter a Cookie #139: AG + Opt. Cookie Photo -- I used the colors of the cookies, the bunny and grass. 
6.   Try It On Tuesday: Beauty of Nature
7.   Creative Fingers Challenge #183: AAG
8.   The Sisterhood of Crafters: Kids' Cards:
9.   Passion for ProMarkers Week 537: Easter -- I used ProMarkers to color the Bunny.
10. Use Your Stuff #395: Easter
11. Aud Sentiments #248: Sentiment + AG
12. Country View Challenges April: Animal Magic -- BUNNY
13. 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #37: AG with a Critter -- BUNNY
14. Outlawz Festive Fridays 4/3-4/16: Easter Theme
15. Bugaboo Catch the Bug Challenge: April AG -- I used a Bugaboo digi
16. Crafty Calendar April Challenge: Add a Butterfly
17. Outlawz Festive Fridays 4/3-4/16: Easter Theme

24 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Love the grass AND the sky, with its clouds - it all came out right in the end. It looks very artsy watercolourish ;-) Love that. Not too happy that you have way more Inktense blocks than I do, though, ROFL...but I do have pencils, too. I love them when I want deeper colours but I do find them difficult when I want paler shades, plus - as you found out - their permanence can sometimes be a hindrance. Great for Bible Journalling, though. Your Easter card is so cheerful! Love the words - from a Christmas set, I do believe (I have them) but they work beautifully for Easter too.

So sorry things have been getting to you a bit. It's no surprise, really. The media dishes out great big dollops of fear, doom and gloom every hour and it's hard to get away from it - not to mention not seeing the people we love! The first day of lockdown here was my birthday, so all my plans were cancelled and I didn't even get to see my granddaughter, though we had a video call. My phone, however, has never stopped and along with prayer requests, I get a constant supply of encouragement, for which I am grateful. My church has moved things online, too, so that's wonderful. I hope you can find constructive ways to manage the isolation and ways to think on 'whatever is lovely, etc' (Phil 4:8). Focus on the good things and things to be grateful for - it really does help :-) Try limiting news input and refuse to let people's unhelpful speculations into your head... so pleased you can find comfort in your creativity!

Praying God keeps you safe, peaceful and well, Aimeslee, and that he surrounds you with his calm presence. Happy Easter!
Elbow hugs, Cath xx

Darlene said...

LOL ... what a funny bunny ... adorable! Love how you did your design ... thanks for the tips! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Pamela said...

Wow, thank you for the pictures on using us how you did the background. I love it and the coloring job you did. Thank you for playing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

Dawn Frost said...

Love all the sparkles, great card! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's anything goes challenge, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

So sorry to hear you have been struggling during this crazy time. I too have had issues with my mojo and just in general doing anything. Crafting is such a wonderful way to bring us up. I hope you continue to have better days.
I do love the cute card you created. The image is super cute and you used such bright colours too. I love it.
Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Catch the Bug / Bugaboo. Good luck and stay well.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Aimeslee, that Easter bunny is super cute and I wouldn't have noticed the wrinkles if you hadn't mentioned them.
Life is strange at the moment and you're not alone struggling with the realities of the situation. Keeping busy is the best help, I've been exhausting myself in the garden, digging, weeding, pruning and planting whenever the weather allows and it's heartening to see the new shoots poking through the soil, but the craft room is neglected - need to get a balance in my life!
Once again thank you for you support at TioT,
Stay safe, Avril xx

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

Cute card! I love the coloring technique and the stitched edge. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun Easter card! I love the bunny design and those inktense colours look amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Happy Easter and keep well! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

It is a wonderful and adorable Easter card, thank you for linking this with out theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
I think we are all struggling in some way to cope with this situation that effects us all.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that bunny and especially love the background. Thanks for sharing how you created all of this!

Patti J said...

What a fun bunny! Love the expression on her face! Thanks for sharing it with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies! Stay safe, I'll be thinking about you!

My name is Erika. said...

Such a cute Easter Bunny Aimeslee. I hope you had a wonderful Easter and thanks for joining us again at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Ella's Design said...

Such a fun card, Aimeselee and a great little scene you've created for that cute Easter bunny!

I can totally relate to how you are feeling, Aimeslee - I think it hits us in waves...we absorb the information around us until such a point that it becomes too much to comprehend and then reality hits home. Because of this, we try to limit our media coverage to once a day and I am filling as much time as I can with making and creating....I live in a beautiful rural area, so have fabulous countryside on my doorstep which I appreciate every day and am just trying to stay as positive as possible...sending good vibes from across the water in Wales and I'll be crafting along with you, creating a diversion too! Take care

Oh and thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card what a great background thanks for sharing at PFP

Lisa F. said...

Thank you so much for joining us at this weeks Aud Sentiments Challenge - Anything Goes with a Sentiment! This is such a super cute card! -Lisa

Sue said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar challenge gorgeous card hugs Sue x

Corrie Herriman said...

It is a lovely card ! Thank you so much for playing along with my 'Animal Magic' challenge over at Country View Challenges.
Corrie x

Katy said...

This is such a fun scene! I love that sky!

Sue said...

This is fabulous Aimeslee, such a cute image and beautifully coloured. I hope you're feeling better today, it's really hard not to see family at this time isn't it. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Take care and stay safe, Sue xx

Dawn Frost said...

Great card, love your background! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn Colour Crazy DT

Marjut said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

Ina G said...

So cute and simply adorable Aimeslee. Beautiful little scene created. Thanks for sharing at HLS this month.

Evelyn Walter said...

Hello Aimeslee! Love your card, the image is so cute! Great background also.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges and take care, Evelyn xx

foleysfriend said...

What an adorable bunny! I love the scene you've created and good job of working with the clouds to make them work! We all need to be a bit nimble, not just with our crafting but with life these days. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.