Saturday, April 4, 2020

An Easter Card from Scraps and a Sketch

A happy hello to you! I hope this finds you well and safe. I'm sharing my first Easter card today. It's turned rainy and chilly in my neck of the woods and that's fine with me. I will be finishing up a few more Easter cards to mail out on Monday as Honey and I attempt to see how many days we can survive on the groceries we have. He's finally become a bit spooked about going out as they've told us this coming week is going to be bad and to hunker down as much as we can. We're now looking into grocery delivery. I figure we should try an order for non-perishables at least. What are y'all doing? I'd love to know!


I followed TSOT's current sketch for the layout of my A2-size card. Usually sketches with tiny focal points do not interest me, but I saw that I had a little silver basket square in my Easter drawer as well as an embossed sheet of background eggs (Darice embossing folder). I knew I had a Spellbinders Label die with a large round center I could layer the square onto. I hunted through my shaped brads and found 4 purple flowers. An MFT Chevron Stripes die cut and purple paper scraps completed my supplies.

Here is what I began with. I also wanted to include an image from the freebie sheet from Sweet n Sassy's Faith Over Fear Project on the back of the card.  

So, the embossed egg background could have held it's own just fine as all white, but I got the idea to rub embossing ink all over it and heat-emboss it with holographic and rainbow sparkle powders. I used an embossing ink that went on pink (Top Boss); obviously, I learned a lesson there. It's definitely showing up pink in these photos, but in real life, the colors change and it really more like a very light lavender.

I love this shade of purple...it's a blue-violet appears at times to have a tad of grey. I cannot remember using this Spellbinders Label before, and I know this is my first time to use the Impression Obsession sentiment die. It's a little bit of fun for me to include a NBUS in every project. I can remember being horrified if any of my stamps stained. Now I like seeing stains on my stencils and stamps. It means I've used them. ;-)

I have had this little silver square since the old 12x12 scrap booking days. It was originally part of a set of 6, I think. One by one each got used and this is the last one. I thought about maybe coloring the basket and eggs but today wasn't a good day for me to do much detail work, so I left it as is.

The back of my card: I used a large patterned paper scrap and a medium piece of card stock scrap to die cut mats using Spellbinders A2 Torn Edges dies. Then I used the smallest die to cut out the SNS freebie I'd printed. A Gelatins siggie stamped with Brilliance Lavender ink and clear heat-embossed then punch out with a circle punch finishes the back.

Thought this last shot was a dark but cool look. Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have something fun to do this weekend. Prayers for us all, XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST for this card:
1.   TSOT Sketch #450 -- Sketch is shown above and I did not play the optional theme.
2.   Outlawz Color Tuesday Challenge 3/24-4/6: Lavender Monochrome Palette --
3.   Time Out Challenge 3/26-4/8: Lots or a Little Purple + Opt. Friend --
4.   The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge 3/25-4/5: Spring
5.   Classic Design 4th Birthday Challenge #4: AG
6.   The Creative Crafters Challenge #26: AG
7.   Aud Sentiments #248: Sentiment + AG
8.   Sparkles Monthly #126: Easter

15 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cute card. Love your die and how you highlighted the eggs.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card with a great message and lovely colours. I am well stocked up for this week, a friend did my shopping for me. Look after yourself, take care, hugs, Valerie

Donna Scholz said...

A beautiful Easter card, Aimeslee! Love it when you can find parts and pieces that are scraps you can use, or a lonely embellishment or die that works perfectly for a project! Thank you for sharing your card and the details on how you created it with us here at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna

Heather said...

Oo, I love all the purples! Such a festive Easter card, and such pretty layering of the dies! Love the touch of metallic! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Jacq said...

Fabulous Easter card, Aimeslee! It's great when you can use scraps of papers or you come across embellishments/items you haven't yet used and they're the perfect fit for your project! Thanks for joining in the fun over at The Outlawz Colour Challenge this fortnight!

Hubby is doing our grocery shopping - very carefully! I've only been out the house once in the last two weeks - need to get the treadmill going!

Take care!

Jacqui
DT for The Outlawz

Debbie Mageed said...

Wonderful Easter card! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can join us again soon.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Try Stampin' On Tuestday
Challenge this time and good luck :)

Leslie said...

This is beautiful! Love the purples! <3

Darlene said...

WOW ... just beautiful Aimslee! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful Easter card! The purpose and silver's look beautiful together 😀. Wishing you a happy week! Stay safe and well! Hugs, Jo x

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the embossed background with just a little bit of colour. That focal piece is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Jill V said...

Wonderful Easter card - I really love the Easter egg background - the dimension and the subtle colour is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Cazro said...

A beautiful Easter card, loving the embossed addition to the design. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Sparkles Monthly. Caz DT.