Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Blessings - Joy On Earth

Hello, my precious blogging friends. Before I get to the Easter card I'm sharing today, I would like to share a few photos of my little art corner in our home living area. It's all decked out for Spring and Easter.

I have little colored twinkle lights on all the time. I change them and the fabric skirt out seasonally, when I change the art out.

 I tried taking the photos with all the room lights on but none of them looked as good as these.

I also have a third 8x8 Deco on the front foyer table, and a few art pieces here and there on our living room shelving, but I try to fill this spot first. It provides something for our house guests to check out and gives me a place to put what I make! I do love it, but it's no fun to dust. Just Sayin'. ;-)
So, onto my card.

   
I used the current Outlawz Wednesday sketch, resizing it to an A2 size in my PSE program. The inspiration for the papers and image I used came from The Card Concept's current Easter Blessing's photo inspiration challenge. The challenge is to take inspiration for your card from the photo, and to create in one of their defined styles. I created my card in their Clean and Layered style, and perhaps with a bit of Classy and Elegant, too.
    
I used SEI's Couture 6x6 paper collection. My use of the two-tone white base mat paper along with the white oval that my image is printed on salutes the shabby chic white shades in the photo. Although my flowers are a different color, the photo's flowers inspired me. Same for the cross, and I chose my dark midnight blue accent card stock from the photo's dark blues.

This Power Poppy digital stamp Joyful Lilies is one of my favorites. I was so happy to find and have a ProMarker midnight blue shade that seems to match the SU card stock perfectly, so I used it on the cross.

I added some colored pencil here and there to accent and then brushed some Wink of Stella yellow over the flowers' leaves to give them a bit of sparkle to complement the little yellow gold rhinestones in the centers of the punched butterflies. I like how the yellow-green in the patterned paper looks next to the flowers and greenery.

I have Spellbinders oval dies in both plain straight edge and scalloped, so I combined two here to frame my image. I used my scalloped deco scissors to create the layered corners. For the sentiment, I used some words from Tim's Seasonal chit chat stickers. This card is for my mother-in-law and I always try to make her a very nice well-made religious card as she is a devout Catholic.

 For the inside, I included a favorite poem stamp of mine that I bought long ago from Clear Dollar Stamps. It says:
So sweet a rose
Could ever be found,
As Christ the Lord,
Whose love abounds.
On Calvary's cross
He chose to hang,
To save our souls
From death and pain.

It's such a simple, homespun, back-country way of what today's celebration is all about. I've also heard it sung so it may be from a hymn, but I originally learned of it as a poem. The Easter Blessings stamp is by I Brake For Stamps.

For the back, I used more of the green pattern paper that I used on the front, with leftover scraps and my Technique Tuesday and Sweet Stamp Shop combined siggies stamped on a punch circle of white scrap.

I'm grateful you stopped by and I hope you have some feel-good plans for today, whatever can make you happy in our current situation. I suspect there will be many phone and internet conversations checking in with loved ones, and that's a wonderful way to spend Easter Sunday right there, isn't it? Enjoy! XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.   Outlawz Wednesday Sketch 4/1-4/14 -- sketch is shown above
2.   The Card Concept Challenge #132: Easter Blessings Inspiration Photo --  I have explained what inspired me and named my style up above in the paragraphs under the sketch I used.
3.   Power Poppy Creative Confetti April Challenge:Let's Go Digital -- my focal image is a Power Poppy's Joyful Lilies digital stamp  

4.   The Flower Challenge #43: Spring or Autumn -- SPRING  

5.   Classic Design Challenge #4: AG  -- AND HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY!
6.   Colour Crazy Week 14: AG with Colouring -- I colored the focal image with ProMarkers.
7.   Crafty Calendar April Challenge: Add a Butterfly

13 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

This is beautiful, Aimeslee.
Happy, blessed Easter to you!
It's a really great card, beautiful colours and gorgeous flowers. and your usual continuation on the inside and the back. So much care and attention to detail. You have a real gift for adding finishing touches to your artwork. Fab stamp on the inside.

And I LOVE your art corner. It looks so pretty and attractive with all your lights, too. A great idea and I bet people love it.

Hope this means you're feeling at least a little more positive and not letting things get to you.

Take care. God bless.
Cath x

Alyson Mayo said...

This card is beautiful - your colouring is fabulous! Love the spring display - it certainly showcases your work!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful and special Easter card Aimeslee.
It was lovely to see the photos of your art corner, it looks so pretty with the lights and must be a special area for your visitors to stop and look at your work.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I hope you had a nice Easter weekend, even if it was alone. Al and I did a prime rib for ourselves. It was actually nice to have a nice supper for just ourselves.

Your corner is soooo beautiful. I love how you change it for seasons. Most of us just hide our work, but you can enjoy your work. Very nice Lily card. That is very nice designer paper. Very intriguing to have the two large corner pieces.

Leslie said...

Another gorgeous Easter card. Love Power Poppy too - they have such beautiful images. And your lighted art display is absolutely stunning. Hopefully you'll soon be able to have some guests over to ogle it! ;)

Donna Ellis said...

How nice to make an art corner! I never thought of doing something like that before, Aimes! Your beautifully colored resurrection cross looks lovely done with those papers in the sketch challenge. Such a delightful creation. That verse for the interior of your creation is a bitter sweet remembrance. Lovely. hugs, de

Nancy Penir said...

Your mother-in-law will love your thoughtful and beautiful card, Aimeslee. And your corner is lovely. It's so much fun to decorated for holidays, isn't it? So glad you joined us at the Card Concept!

Katy said...

I love that you display your art! I think that's so important. Beautiful job on the cross. You colored it beautifully! :)

Shona Chambers said...

How fabulous to have an art-table, I can imagine if I tried that it would be knocked over in 2 seconds by either the cats or our very large Golden Retriever. Or my son throwing his small, soft basketball around the house!! Your card is so beautiful and love the bright yellow with navy. The papers you used are fantastic, especially the beige/white one. And all the die-cut edges add so much interest as well. And your so good with decorating the inside as well (something I never think to do...). So glad you shared this with us at The Flower Challenge and please stay safe!

Crafting with Darcy said...

How wonderful you have a special corner to display and dedicate your art! It looks so beautiful lit up.
Your card is so pretty! I love your flowers and it is really a gorgeous card!!

Words and Pictures said...

Great to see your little art gallery - what a lovely idea to celebrate your creations with festive lighting. (Dusting is a mug's game... it's just going to get dusty again!!)

Love your springtime card too - wonderful colouring on the flowers and the papers are really pretty.
Alison x

Beverley said...

Gorgeous Easter card and I love your art corner. Thanks for joining in this months 'Add a Butterfly' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

Julie Koerber said...

Well, I saw your other creation using Power Poppy's Easter cross and fell in love but this one actually might be my favorite! I love the colors you chose and how you brought out the best in this floral! I also love how you've displayed your works of art -- so fun!