Saturday, March 28, 2020

Lucky Friend

Hey there! Hope you and yours are well and safe. I've another Thanks/Friends/Thinking of you inventory cards to share.

I used TSOT's current sketch #449 sized to A2. I made it a CAS card, using colored SU card stock for the base. I embossed 3 MFT Homespun Stitch lines in my Big Shot on the card base front - these cut perforations, not completely through, and make a pretty stitched design element.

 The Polaroid die cut is Lawn Fawn using white Springhill card stock. I added 3 pink heart enamel dots for the star elements in the sketch.

 I printed out a floral image and sentiment from Power Poppy to color. I used a technique called Pencil Over Marker. You lay down a base coat of alcohol markers in light shades and then color with pencils on top.I added Wink of Stella clear glitter to the shamrocks and tiny clear rhinestones in each center.

 As with my other inventory cards, I leave the inside blank when I can to give me the greatest flexibility when choosing to send one.

A clean and simple yet colorful happy little card for today. Hope you liked it and have something fun lined up this weekend. Thanks for visiting and see ya soon! XXO

CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1.   TSOT #449: Sketch + Opt. Pop of Color -- Sketch is shown above and I've played the option.
2.   HLS CAS March Challenge: Favorite Technique -- My favorite way to use colored pencils is the Pencil Over Marker technique, which I did and describe in post above.
3.   HLS AG with Dies March Challenge -- I used a Polaroid die from Avery Elle  

4.   Colour Crazy Week 11: AG with Colouring -- I coloured my image with colored pencils over ProMarkers.
5.   Outlawz Festive Fridays 3/20-4/2: Anything Goes Theme
6.   Creations in Pink #20: AG Mainly Pink
7.   Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #128: AG
8.   Creative Artiste #58: AG -- I used alcohol markers, colored pencils and ink.
9.   Aud Sentiments #247: Sentiment + Spring/Easter -- I went with Spring
10. Stamping Sensations March Challenge: Spring Florals -- I colored a Power Poppy digital stamp
11. Stamplorations Theme & Photo Prompt March: Stamps + Nature -- I used Power Poppy flower stamp digi and used the pink and white in the photo.  

12. #TTTC057: Featured Designer Charlotte -- I chose diagonal bottom left to top right (Colored Card Base/Clean & Simple/Flowers)
13. The Sisterhood of Crafters: Spring
14. Power Poppy Creative Confetti Challenge 3/24-30: Find Your Happy -- Using the coloring technique I chose on a gorgeous Power Poppy illustration brings me joy because I love to color!

25 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Good Sunday Morning Aimes! What a nice way to wake up. This bright pink and green look wonderful together. Your wink of stella shows up for us. Terrific card!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely floral creation. Thank you for joining us in our 'Spring Florals' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic take on the challenge sketch, Miss Aimes! Beautiful card with those shiny leaves! hugs, de

pinky said...

Love your sweet card and great take on that sketch. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

froebelsternchen said...

I love this card and the bright pink against the gree!
Gorgeous!
Stay healthy and creative!
Susi xxx

Vic said...

Love this cas card...that image is great and I love the wink of stella and gem in the centre of each clover-leaf! Thank-you for entering our challenge this week, at the Colour Crazy Challenge - Vic, D.T. X

Heather said...

Wow, that coloring technique is so rich - love it! I also love your sweet enamel hearts on the side, just perfect! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

Beautiful card, Aimslee!! I had never heard of the coloring technique you used,,, it certainly results in gorgeous colors in your talented hands! Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Crafting with Darcy said...

So beautiful! I love shamrocks and you have colored the image so gorgeously! A wonderful card, Amy!

Joy Wilson said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the sentiment and the paper stitching behind - what a great way to interpret that cross piece! The flowers... swoon! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Cara said...

What a pretty image and I love the bright colors! Thansk for sharing!
(Hugs) Cara

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Judy DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning card! I love the richness of the colour palette that you used and the flowers with the Wink of Stella glitter look so amazing with that row of little hearts - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hope you and yours are safe and well too! Take care and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

Let's Art Journal said...

... meant to say that Pencil Over Marker technique looks amazing too, love it! Will have to give this a try, thanks for the inspiration 😁. Hugs, Jo x

Susan aka rainy said...

Love this! The 3 little hearts add so much happy.

Leslie said...

This is FABulous, my friend! Good to see you here! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Happy Little Stampers March Anything Goes With Dies challenge! We hope you visit us often!
Hugs,
Leslie, HLS Dies Team
Love To Scrap 2

Monika Skinner said...

Lovely card! I especially like the additon of the little hearts. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge. Good Luck!
Monika
https://tinkercards.blogspot.com

Julie B said...

Great interpretation of the sketch.
Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations and HLS CAS. :)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great make hun, the stitching finishes it off perfectly

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Creations in Pink' this month
Stay safe, hugs Shell xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love your lucky shamrocks. You're clearly keeping busy in these strange times! Stay safe.
Alison x

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

Love the pretty colors and the little hearts. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Darlene said...

What a cool image and love how you've colored it! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

crafty-stamper said...

Great cAS card and love the image and sparkle
Carol x

Neets B said...

This is lovely. A great technique with markers and pencils, and I love the added shimmer. Liking the rich red card base too. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, Anita x