Monday, March 30, 2020

Thank You Berry Much

Hello and Happy New Week! I pray you are all well and safe and have toilet paper. After sweating worry over our dwindling supply, this weekend a family member scored us some. Hallelujah! I can shed that stress for a while. I can live without a lot of things, but I gotta have my TP, lol.

March is almost over, so it's time to play at Beccy's Place monthly challenge if I'm gonna. I was lucky enough to be one of last month's winners and Beccy is very generous with her prizes (store credit!). Every month we must use one of her digital images (she always offers a freebie) and this month,. the optional twist is FOOD. Since I have dozens of her images, I perused my file folder and her Basket of Strawberries freebie from years back kept making my mouth water, so I chose it to print out on white Springhill card stock and color it up...for the first time. 

  



 For my layout, I chose this sketch from Outlawz's current challenge and resized it in PSE to an A2 size card. My card base is SU green card stock.

I lucked out and found this cool strawberries paper in Studio Calico's South of Market 6x6 pad, so all the patterned paper I've used is from that collection. I used one of my corner punches on it and then ink-distressed the edges with Colorbox Chestnut Roan chalk ink. I added the vertical strip using the green dotted paper and some pink stitched grosgrain ribbon. I used a Spellbinders Labels 17 die to cut a piece of pink paper and my image. I used some red and white striped twine around the pink piece.


To color my image, I used ProMarkers and then my Polychromos colored pencils over that, using that technique I've mentioned far too many times. I dotted the seeds with one of my Sakura Star Dust gel pens. I stamped the clever Papertrey Ink sentiment with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink, popped the label layers up a bit to clear the vertical strip layer, and then called it done since it'll be mailed so no sequins or enamel dots this time. 

 The back of the card uses the largest Spellbinders Labels 17 die on yet another paper in the pad. Then I cut some leftover pink with the smallest Labels die and stamped a Leave Memories siggie.

 Yes, a BERRY good addition to my card inventory! Groan, I need to wrap this up because every time I look at this card, my mouth waters for strawberries! And we don't have any but we do have Strawberry Jam. I need to go toast a bagel - HA! 

Thanks for visiting today, and I hope your Monday has gone well. I was thinking the other day, I bet with so many working from home now, seems like Mondays would definitely be better in slippers and pj's, right?  May your day be Berry Merry! {Grin!}

CHALLENGES:
1.   Outlawz Wednesday Sketch 3/18-3/31 -- Sketch is shown above
2.   Beccy's Place March Challenge: Use a Beccy's image + opt. twist of Food -- I've used a Beccy's image and played the Food twist with STRAWBERRIES :-)
3.   Hero Arts Stay Crafty Challenge #2: Never Seen Ink! -- For me, my digital stamps and images all-too-often live a dark lonely life inside my computer, so I used 2 NBUS (Never Before Used Stamp): the basket of strawberries and the sentiment  

4.   TTCRD March 24 Challenge: AG
5.   Crafty Creations #407: AG
6.   Colour Crazy Week 12: AG with Colouring -- I used the Pencil Over Marker technique again. I used ProMarkers and Polychromos Colored Pencils on my focal image.
7.   Stamplorations Theme & Photo Prompt March Challenge: Stamps + Nature -- I used rubber and digital stamps of juicy berries and took inspiration from the challenge photo's red berries, pink ice cream bars on white background.
8.   CHNPPC March: AG with patterned paper -- I've used papers from Studio Calico's South of Market collection.

8 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so tasteful - really! Look at the gorgeous strawberry patterned paper and the the center bowl of strawberries... mmm 😋 Love the offset frames as well. Gorgeous!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your strawberries look yummy and are so well coloured. Like your coordinating DP. Congratulations on your win.

Indeed TP is a stressor. I managed to score as a truck literally unloaded TP while I was shopping.

Leslie said...

Girl, with that TP comment you just made me spit cranberry juice and a little came out my nose, lol! Bahahahaha! On a serious note, your card is berry sweet and I love all the die cuts! And your coloring is amazing!

Beccy said...

What a fantastic card Aimeslee, it's making my mouth water too! You did such a great job colouring those strawberries, they certainly look plump and delicious. The combination of patterned paper is fabulous, I love the pinks, reds and greens. I also like the addition of the different ribbons and twine. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Words and Pictures said...

Such a sweet little basket of strawberries - and the layered panels are great to set it off against the strawberry background. Charming!
Alison x

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic creation, Aimes! I especially like the die cuts, and your take on the sketch! Beautiful papers. I'm in the mood for strawberries now - think I'll go make a strawberry smoothie! YUMMMMMMM! Thanks for sharing your fantastic artwork! hugs, de

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card great B.paper and layers-love the delicious looking strawberries
Carol x