Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Guest Design for Feeling Sketchy Challenge #237

Hello, Tuesday! I have a card to share that I made for Feeling Sketchy's Challenge #237 as Guest Designer. And I'm a little late. I should have posted it on the 15th but I was late making it round to check on the new challenge! It's a very nice sketch, so you still have until the 29th I think if you want to play.

Here is the sketch.

And here is my card. I got to use my (new to me) Spellbinders Hemstitch Oval, Square and Rectangle dies, as well as Altenew's Embroidered Blooms flower stamps and dies I've had a while and never inked up. I teamed these items up with a few papers from Basic Grey's Euphoria collection and a rainbow pattern ribbon with stitching from my stash. The stamped sentiment is by Neat and Tangled.

The back uses a stamped siggie by SeeD's and more hemstitch die cut Euphoria paper.

I enjoyed creating the flowers but really enjoyed learning how to use the hemstitch dies. It amazes me sometimes how far die cutting has come since the days of the Zip'E Cut and the Sizzix Big Red machines, both of which I still have. I still use my blue Quickutz Squeeze, too! Those Alpha dies were expensive! lol

I'll be back later to see if there are any challenges I can enter this card in. I'm so tired, I need to take a little catnap first. Social Distancing is exhausting, lol.

Thanks for the visit and try the sketch if a sketch is your thing. You know I love them, lol. Have a good evening! xoxo

CHALLENGES:
1.   Use Your Stuff #394: Spring --
2.   Aud Sentiments #247: Sentiment + Spring / Easter -- I went with Spring
3.   Crafts Galore Encore #73: Always AG
4.   Classic Design Challenge #3: March AG
5.   Stamping Sensations March Challenge: Spring Florals -- I hand-stamped the Altenew flowers and leaves before die cutting them.
6.   613 Avenue Create #231: Always AG + Opt. Colored Pencils -- I did not play the option this time.
7.   Double D Challenge: Spring --
8.   CHNPPC March Challenge: AG with Patterned Paper -- I used Basic Grey Euphoria
9.   Stamplorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge: March Stamps + Nature -- I hand-stamped the flowers  

10. Happy Little Stampers March Anything Goes with Dies -- I used Spellbinders Hemstitch Oval, Square and Rectangle dies plus Altenew Embroidered Blooms dies.
11. ABMTTC Challenge #112: AG
12. ABMTTCX March Challenge: AG

24 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

A great take on the sketch - the layers are lovely with those stitched effects allowing other layers to peek through - very cool.
Alison x

froebelsternchen said...

A super lovely card! Take good care of you!

Hugs, Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the design with the pretty egg and flowers - beautiful 😊. Take care and sending happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Taluula said...

A really creative and beautiful card. Bravo.

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...

Better late than never...! And still be able to make a beautiful card: bravo! On behalf of the Aud Sentiments design team, I would like to thank you for taking part in challenge # 247 and we hope you can join us next time! Greetings, Deezy (DT)

Vicki said...

Beautiful spring colors! Great sketch design too. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Spring" Challenge.

Katy said...

I love your card! That's a cool die with the hemstitch. I agree that dies have come a long way. I had a cuttlebug for like 10 years and then it died and I had to get a sizzix. It's amazing how they can cut delicate pieces. :)

Billie A said...

Cute card and so glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

Andreja said...

Amy, what a beautiful card you made on our sketch :-)) I like all your details! I am glad that you are our Feeling Sketchy GDT this time.
Hugs, Andreja

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on the guest design spot! I've fallen terribly behind in commenting over the past couple weeks and hope to get back on track. I'm in love with your hemstitch dies... may have to add them to my collection, lol! Glad you and hubby are doing okay throughout all this chaos across the land! Hugs!

Diane said...

Beautifully designed Spring card...thank you so much for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

Beautiful! I love that hemstitch die set! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Spring’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Alyson Mayo said...

I adore those stitched flowers and the sentiment is a perfect match! I initially didn't see the turquoise colour in the background papers but the flowers bring that out! Nice!

brenda said...

It's a lovely card and such a great lend of colours, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Spring' theme at Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Aimeslee! I love the beautiful paper and your new hemstitch dies! Congrats on your GDT spot.
Tammy x

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful creations, Aimes, and such a lovely die cut set! Your customized paper layers are especially lovely! The last 6 weeks have been harsh regarding my abilities, so I have not left as many comments as usual. I have enjoyed all your beautiful creations, and appreciate your inspiration. Please forgive my inability to get this fumble fingers working properly. hugs, de

Craft-E-Place said...

a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations Theme and Photo Challenge.
Elaine

Kelly Parker said...

I love the colors, they are wonderful! thank you for playing with us at http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

Congratulations on your being Guest Designer! Love the dies you used for all your background layers! Such a bright, happy card! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS - Dies Challenge this month!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card..Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie C said...

These are smashing projects!
We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

Jane said...

A very pretty card, thanks so much for joining our nature theme and photo prompt challenge over at STAMPlorations xx

Barbara said...

Lots of spring prints makes for a really great spring card. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Spring’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Barbara DT

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x