Friday, March 13, 2020

Celebrating Lucky Shamrocks on Friday the 13th


 Hello there! It's Friday the 13th on top of everything else. A little hard to believe and yet here we are! Haha, glad it's only a day...we won't mention the Ides of March, nonono! ;-)


I finally got my focus in gear and churned out a couple of St. Patty's cards. I am sharing the first one in this post and the second one in the next post. I followed The Sketch Saturday sketch #600 to make an A2 sized card that will be mailed.

 I will edit this post and add more details later, but for now, here are the photos.

Okay, I'm back to add details! This card! I'm very happy with it. I tried something new, don't know if it's a technique per se, don't think so, but I basically tried to recreate the patterned paper on the card base. I printed it out on my ink jet, sized it in PSE and there was none to spare when I later wanted to put some of the paper on the die cut vertical element behind the young woman. So that's what I recreated to look like it was more of the paper. And I think I came pretty darn close! What do you think?

I've had a Green Pepper Press baroque swirl stamp for a long time and I love the design it stamps. When I was looking at the Gecko Galz papers I could print, the one I ended up printing caught my eye I think because of that stamp. Anyhoo, I die cut a piece of thick Recollections card stock using my Labels die, then I stamped on the Label in VersaMark, then I spooned on some American Crafts white opaque Zing embossing powder and the melt was so thick and opaque! After it cooled, I pulled out my Ranger Archival Library green pad and using my blending brush, I inked the die cut. Then I took a cloth and rubbed the ink off the embossing. But THEN, I blended some Palette Haystack ink on the embossing and on the white design of my paper. This is a light wheat color, perfect to just shabby it up a bit and I let it dry a good while before rubbing with my cloth, so hardly any came off.

The inside features an Impression Obsession die cut that I'd never cut before. I thought I was going to have to throw it away when I was beginning to lay it down after glueing the back with tacky glue, but it miraculously untwisted as I went along pressing and spacing it down on the card stock. I usually take a folded paper towel and press down on the die cut, then pull up. This picks up the excess glue for me most of the time. Just press for a moment though or you could glue your towel down.

Here is the back of the card. I supplemented the patterned paper with a few sheets of Basic Grey Eva. This is my last piece of this pattern. I've used it for St. Pat cards in previous years.

A close-up to show the glitter on the shamrocks. The big one is a Sizzix die cut. I colored it green with a ProMarker, Stickle-outline it and then painted more Stickles on the leaves in a lighter green. I painted the tiny shamrocks as well.

A close-up of that gorgeous opaque embossing, yum!

Ad here you can see the complement of the paper and embossing, close enough to fool the eye. And I love how the big shamrock glitter catches the light constantly.

Thanks for the visit! I'll be posting again today with another card so come back by! XXO

CHALLENGES:
1.   Sketch Saturday #600 -- sketch shown above
2.   Gecko Galz March Customer Blog Challenge: Once Upon a Springtime -- I've used an image and sentiment from Blarney collage sheet, and digital paper from It's Not Easy Being Green Paper Pack. 
3.   Gecko Galz March Facebook Challenge:  Spring Theme -- I've used an image and sentiment from Blarney collage sheet, and digital paper from It's Not Easy Being Green Paper Pack.
4.   More Mixed Media March: AG + Opt. Green -- I have played the option!
5.   Rainbow March Card Challenge: Especially Emerald 
6.   Cut It Up #195: Green with Envy -- I've used green and the following dies: large glittered Sizzix shamrock, tiny Memory Box shamrocks, Spellbinders Labels Four Nestie for the vertical element behind the lovely lass. 
7.   Paper Girls #195: Glitter - I used Stickles Shamrock Green glitter glue with a little Green Tinsel ep mixed in.
8.   Classic Design Challenge #3: AG
9.   Scrapping4Fun #162: AG + Opt. Add Flowers -- I played the option with shamrocks.
10.  Outlawz Monday Greetings + Green Reigns
11.  Outlawz Thursday Twist: AG + Make your own holiday card -- St. Patrick's Day
12.  Paper Funday #15: AG + Opt. St. Pats -- I have played the option
13.  Double D Challenge: All About the Green  --

13 comments:

Carole J said...

A fabulous St Patrick's Day card, Amy! I am loving all the greens and the lucky clover! A beautiful project which is perfect for the Gecko Galz Customer challenge and the Facebook Spring challenge. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us! xx
Carole DT

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love this card immensely. The embossing is gorgeous and so is the glitter. You really work hard on your cards.

Diane said...

Beautifully created card and design, such pretty papers!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

WOW! This is awesome Aimslee! LOVE all the layers and that Irish Lassie is fabulous! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Green’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

creativetimewithme said...

Lovely St. Pat's card! Thank you for playing along with us.

Hugs,
Mary Ellen, TRCC DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Great focal image and I love the embossed background right behind it. So perfect for St. Patrick's Day... :)

Renate said...

What a beautiful card and sketch.
Thank you for joining us at Srapping4fun
Renate DT

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I think it looks great, and it sounds like it was a fun challenge to do, creating your own paper.

Thanks for sharing your Green with Envy project with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Katy said...

This is a wonderful card! I love the different papers you used. And the baroque swirl stamp is awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge-Especially Emerald. Hope to see you next month! :)

Regina said...

Oh, your card looks gorgeous! I love the design and the embossing!
Thanks for playing along with us this month.
Regina DT-Member of Paper Funday Challenge

Em Louise Fairley said...

Another amazing card, Aimeslee! Thanks for joining us at TRCC, and I hope we see you again soon!
Hugs,
Em, DT

Nandini said...

So beautiful. I love the gorgeous layering. Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope you will join us again very soon! Nandini, DT

Mynn xx said...

So fun! I adore the vintage images! Thank you so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Hugs! Mynn xx