Saturday, March 7, 2020

Water Colored Roses



Today I'm sharing a card made with leftover card parts. Everything but the gold embossed paper is water colored. I had 2 roses left from the first card and I stamped the center Sweet N Sassy June Rose (retired) from water color paper, heat-embossed it in gold, water colored it and fussy cut it.


I used Try Stamping on Tuesday's Sketch 446 and I also played the option of Flower Power. I pretty much followed it straight after resizing to A2 in PSE.

On my birthday last week I shared the card made with many of the same elements HERE . I used the largest die in the Spellbinders A2 Torn Edges die set from the gold embossed card and from the stenciled roses piece. I cut them in the same place, so I had 2 pieces leftover to use on today's card. I also cut a base mat out of scrap card stock for both cards that was the base for the two cut pieces each time. (I forgot to mention this die on the first post.)

I cut a Clear Dollar label die out of watercolor paper, stamped the Crafters Companion Scruffy Little Cat sentiment, heat-embossed it in gold and then outlined it with a dark green gel pen, then added two tiny enamel dots. I matted it on a Stampin Up card stock base.

 Here's a good close-up of the sentiment You Make Life Beautiful. It's very hard to get a good shot, but it's clearly legible in real life.

 I've left the inside of the card blank for now but here is the back. Scraps of pink patterned paper and card stocks were arranged and an Impression Obsession siggie was stamped on the punched circle.

I have stamped the big rose a few times over the years, but I've never arranged it on its side, always straight up. Well, I like it better this way! Thanks for visiting today. Happy Weekend! XXO

CHALLENGES:
1.   TSOT #446: Sketch + Opt. Flower Power theme -- Sketch show above and I've also played the option.
2.   Happy Little Stampers Water Color Challenge: March AG + Opt. Flowers -- I water colored all the roses and the 2 buds and stems and leaves of center rose. I also added water coloring to the embossing paste stenciled roses piece at bottom in order to get the pink shade right. I water colored the sentiment label as well.  
3.   The Flower Challenge #42: AG -- 7 challenges max
4.    Creations in Pink #19: AG in Mainly Pink
5.    Colour Crazy Week 8: AG with Colouring -- I water colored all the roses
6.    Paint Party Friday: Week 1, Year 10 - Happy 9th Birthday! -- I painted with watercolors.  

7.    AAA Birthday: Game #11 - Flowers 

26 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh la la. Such pretty roses. The colours are stunning. Another great job with the sketch.

Leslie said...

Oh so pretty! Those colors are so vibrant and your design is amazing!

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty, Aimes! And all from left over pieces? I am wowed by your take on the sketch - really grand idea, and the rich golden colors could not be more elegant! Beautiful card! hugs, de

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That gorgeous color of pink with the gold is such a great combo. What a wonderful rich looking card!

Linda Kunsman said...

oh what a gorgeous card!! Love that beautiful embossed gold paper. Happy PPF!

Donna Scholz said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee! The gold embossed background is stunning! Great job coloring the rose, too! Thank you for showing us even our scraps can give us gorgeous if we use creativity like yours! Thank you for sharing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Marlene Atkinson said...

A fabulous creation Thank you for sharing with us at Creations in Pink Challenge. Marlene DT

Clare Lloyd said...

Very elegant card

Christine said...

Lovely work!

Meggymay said...

I seem to be always catching up these days and have just enjoyed a lovely visit with you to see the projects you have been making. the cards are as always beautiful and have so much to see The roses on this one look beautiful.
Yvonne xx

DVArtist said...

Wow this is gorgeous.

Heather said...

Wow, what a visual feast! Gorgeous rich colors, amazing textures, beautiful shine, just lovely, really! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful cardm ilove this color and flowers!

Alyson Mayo said...

Cards made from scraps or leftovers are the best - really makes the mind think about the possibilities. Love the colour scheme and gold with bold pink works so well! Those roses - swoon :) Awesome!

Anna M. said...

Stunning card! That embossed background is fabulous! Belated happy birthday!

Thank you for sharing your work in our Happy Little Stampers watercolor challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next HLS Challenge!.
Anna – Design Team member at Happy Little Stampers

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

Jane said...

How rich and sumptuous is your card! The roses are just so beautiful. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning card! I love the richness of the colours with the gold, it looks so opulent - so beautiful 😁. Wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs, Jo x

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Aimeslee! I love the how colorful the roses are and the gold embossed panel is beautiful!
Tammy x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful watercolouring and deep embossed background looks great in gold
Carol x

froebelsternchen said...

I love these vibrant roses on the luxurious gilded background and the backside is amazing as well!
Gorgeous card!!
Big hugs

Susi

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Your card is beautiful, love the richness of the colors on those roses and the fabulous golden, embossed background.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
Hugs.
Maria.DT

Lindsey said...

Love the rich colours and textures of this beautiful card! And that you made it mostly with *leftovers*, wow! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour Challenge!

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful embossing, great card! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy challenges, good luck! Dawn Colour Crazy DT

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulously opulent card - the rich rosy purples and the lustrous gleam of the gold - it's all so dramatic! Love that textured background.
Alison x

Crafting with Darcy said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! I love those roses!

Milla said...

Oh I do love gold embossing with watercolours! Your card is so beautiful, thank you for sharing at AAA Birthday!