Wednesday, February 19, 2020

I Heart Mermaids

A HUMP Day Hello! I was planning to do a second post yesterday... but a card never got made as Honey had other plans for me. (Yes, think your naughty HUMP thoughts, all true! Hehehe) So, I woke up early and very refreshed this morning ready to play at some card art.

I have a card to share today featuring a Stamplorations stencil and a Paper Nest Dolls mermaid (Mermaid Ellie in Clam Shell) which makes me happy because I am a Pisces. I HEART Mermaids, they and Fish are my Spirit Animals! And while I have several rubber, clear and digi stamp Mermaids, Ellie was already printed out so I used her. 

I purposefully kept HER colors a bit muted in order for that gorgeous stenciled heart to stand out against my turquoise Stampin' Up card stock base.

WOWZERS. I'm thinking I will use this stencil again! Holy Moly, I had to take a pic because I almost left it as is and called it a day card! I love how crisp the inside lines are and I have to tell you right now how I got them so crisp!
I had ordered some of that Pixie Spray temp adhesive for stencils everyone has been talking about and this was my very first use of it. OhMyGosh, I am a BELIEVER now. The stencil came off and washed up so easily, too. I want to note how well this spray worked on card stock, because I used finger daubers with Distress Inks and I worked worked worked the colors into the corners. I'm trying spray inks next, then watercolors, on watercolor paper. I'm betting Pixie Spray can handle it all, but even if it works only on card stock, I'm sold. LOVE IT when a product lives up to the hype, don't you? Let me know if you've used it and what your experience has been.

  

At any rate, as teachers say, back on task! lol I used the current Sketch Saturday sketch. I have to say that when I first saw it, I thought the element shape was a tough one. I kept seeing a Japanese lantern. Then I turned it 90 degrees to the left and I kid you not, I thought my stenciled heart fits that. I did try putting the two enamel dots at the bottom left like the sketch, but they looked better to me anchoring the ribbon.

So, both the gorgeous turquioise card base and bottom dry-embossed layer is Stampin' Up card stock. Other than that, all other card stock and papers used were scraps from my stash. The bubbles embossing folder is by Scruffy Little Cat for Crafters Companion.  As I mentioned above, the stencil is Stamplorations and I used Distress Inks on scrap white Springhill 110# index card stock (that had something stamped on the other side I never used).

On the back of the card, I used a Sheena Douglass for Crafters Companion embossing folder called Water Ripple, a scrap of fishies paper and my Lawn Fawn siggie on another scrap of the white index card.

Inside the card, I put down some tiled Flair patterned paper scraps and then stamped on some Spellbinders die cuts I'd never used. The sea floor scene is by Our Daily Bread Designs and the sentiments are all My Favorite Things stamps. I used a CC Designs fish and some shells to shadow stamp on the sentiments.

I printed Ellie out on the white index stock and colored her with ProMarkers. I added a bit of clear Sparkle Pen to her huge pearl she is leaning against and added some Sakura metallic gel pen to it and to the clam shell edging. I stamped the CC Designs and My Favorite Things sentiments on deli paper with VersaMark ink and heat-embossed using white powder. I used the last of some glittery sheer ribbon in my stash and added some white iridescent enamel dots.



Close-ups....


And a final look. I'm happy to have been able to color something other than barnyard animals, lol, although I'll miss them soon enough. Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a good rest of week. XOX

CHALLENGES:
1.   Sketch Saturday #597 -- sketch is shown above
2.   The Crafters Cafe' Challenge #236: Use Pink or Red -- PINK
3.   Stamping Sensations Feb. Challenge: Feminine
4.   MIUCB #34: AG + Opt. Twist Stenciling -- I have played the twist, the stained glass heart is stenciled
5.   Stamplorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge -- I used the ARTplorations Glass Heart Stencil on the background.
6.    Colour Crazy Week 5: AG with Colouring -- I used ProMarkers to color my mermaid and Distress Inks to stencil the heart
7.   Through the Craft Room Door Feb. 18th Challenge: AG
8.   Time Out Challenge #155: Birthday Quote
9.    AAA Birthday Card Challenge Game #10: Cute
10. Outlawz Paper Saturdays Feb. 15-28: Here's to Girls

15 comments:

brenda said...

A very sweet and pretty girly creation, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Make it Feminine' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

froebelsternchen said...

So cute and beautiful - in and out Aimeslee!
Happy rest of the week for you!
oxo
Susi

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a sweet image and I like how you've done the inside of your card too. Thank you for joining us in our 'Feminine' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jane said...

Fabulous background stencil colours and a super cute image. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Anita in France said...

Sweet and so pretty, Aimeslee ... with fabulous, watery texture! As ever, your attention to detail is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us again at Time Out! Anita :)

Donna Ellis said...

Your stenciled heart is the perfect background - like a mosaic of the ocean's colors, Aimes! I don't have naughty hump day thoughts LOL around here, "hump dump" day is exactly that. It's the day Jack and our German Shepherd take our recycling and trash to the dump LOL Actually we used to have trash pick up twice a week. But then the county, in their infinite wisdom, decided that the rural areas needed those gigantic blue trash cans like everyone else has. Only, they are impossible to put in a truck or car to take them to the edge of the road when you live a good 7 acres away from the road! LOL and the rules state, "put the cans away. they are not to be left out on the road." Of course, many people in our area leave them out, because some people don't have any means of getting them to the road. So we decided on "Hump Dump" day LOL But I digress.... Your little mermaid is sweet. I'm "impressed" by your deli paper. I can't see the adhesive holding it to the mosaic! You always put so much effort and thought into your masterpieces. Your recipients must delight in everything you make! Have a great hump day, Aimes. xx

Alyson Mayo said...

Love, love, love that stencilled background - your colours are a perfect complement to the turquoise background. Great choice for the mermaid - she is so sweet!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a cute card. The rippled water on the back is a beautiful touch too. It must take you forever to make one card because they are always so beautiful with the entire surfaces filled with goodness.

cass said...

So so cute, love the design. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

Shauna said...

So pretty! What a great image and I like that you paired it with the heart and the dry embossing. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card Aimeslee, I love that colors and that gorgeous stenciled heart! Enjoy your weekend.
Tammy x

creationsnz said...

Pretty card with great stencilling. So glad you joined us at the Crafters Café, CarolG

VEANA R. said...

Beautiful card outside and inside. Amazing stenciling and the heart is just great! Thanks for sharing with us at Mix It Up Challenge! Wishing you good luck . Hugs, Veana R. DT

Pip Lewer said...

That stencil is amazing and a lovely card. Thanks for joining us this month at AAA Birthday.