Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Another Birthday Card? Holy Cluck!!!

Hee Hee - I'm just a birthday card factory these days, apparently! Greetings, everybody! The card I'm sharing today features another animal digital stamp image that I had in my printed stack: a trio of chicks ready to party down from Bugaboo Digi Stamps . I colored them up with my ProMarkers.


  
I began with Cheerful Sketches' current sketch. In PSE I resized to A7 and printed out, planning to use it turned left 90 degrees. I cut a 5x7" card base from white Recollections 110# card stock and opened my Birthday Paper Trapper where I store birthday-themed patterned paper and scraps. Because of the balloon in the image, I had to make the balloon my circular (flower) element in the sketch. I corrected the balance of the design by moving my focal to the center and then adding the blue rhinestones around the ribbon at lower left. Then a few around the balloon... I managed to stop myself there, lol.

After coloring the image, I cut it out using a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die. Doing this cut off part of the balloon on the right hand side. I had printed out an extra balloon to cover the cut one...kinda like doing the Out of the Box Technique but cheating, lol. I was TIRED LAZY!!! lol  I cut a little larger mat for the image with a Stamps of Life stitched rectangle die. One of the Bugaboo Bingo challenge items I chose requires stitching, so I used 2 dies and a ribbon with stitching.

For the Bugaboo Holy Cluck sentiment, I printed it out and then cut it using a Spellbinders ribbon slide label die. I ran a striped ribbon and a stitched ribbon through the slide. I kind of enjoyed letting the ends of the ribbons lay unsecured as I never ever do that for fear of fraying. Well, I may just start now! :-)

For the inside of the card, I used more pattern scraps to line and stamped the Hero Arts sentiment on a smaller scrap.

Did kind of the same thing on the back, same paper, but with scrap strips and stamped the Impression Obsession on top.

A close-up angle shot to try to capture the sparkle of the bling...

I think this might be all of the animal images I printed, so you will hopefully be getting a break from those...for a while, anyway. This turned out to be a colorful and cute card that comes with a laugh or at least a groan and smile, lol. Thanks for visiting and here's to a great week!

CHALLENGES:
1.   Cheerful Sketches Feb. Challenge -- See sketch above.
2.   Catch the Bug Feb. Bingo Challenge -- I chose the middle row: Sparkle / Bugaboo Image / Stitching
3.   AAA Birthday Card Challenge Game #10: Cute
4.   Time Out Challenge #155: Birthday Quote 
5.   2 Crafty Critter Crazies #35: AG with a Critter -- Chickens
6.   PaperBabe Stamps Challenge #112: Layers
7.   Colour Crazy Week 6: AG with Colouring -- I used ProMarkers to color my focal image.
8.   Passion for ProMarkers Challenge Week 530: Use 3 of Something -- I used 3 chickens in my image and I coloured them with ProMarkers
9.   Outlawz Color Tuesdays Feb. 11-24: Use Photo Colors + Opt. Twist Love -- I used every color and I did not play the option  

10.  Cutie Pie Challenge #144: Cute and Cuddly Animals -- Chickens
11.  The Crafters Cafe' Challenge #236: Use Red and/or Pink -- I've used a lot of pink, a touch or two of red

21 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

This is fun and colourful. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Crafty KJ said...

I love this bright and cheerful card! The image is fab and I love all the stitched details too. The sentiment is just perfect - made me giggle!! Thanks for sharing at Passion fro Promarkers this week, Hugs, Karen xx

Linda Mc Enery said...

A wonderfully colourful card with such a fun image! I love your interpretation of the sketch you were following - especially your placement of the rhinestones. That background paper is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Passion for Promarkers!
Linda

Jacq said...

Lovely colourful and fun card Aimeslee! I love how you decorate front, back and middle of your cards, they must be a real treat to receive!

I don't think it's cheating, using the extra balloon as the "out of the box technique", I might have a go doing that myself as I can never get that technique to work! :)

Thanks for sharing this with us over at The Outlawz Colour Challenge.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fabulous card! Love the sentiment LOL. Those designer papers are awesome. Another great card Aimes. This sure did put a smile on my face.

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Love your "Holy Cluck" group, Aimes! The laughter, the clucking, the joy, the COLORS! It doesn't get much happier than a bunch of chickies celebrating each other! So sweet! Great technique to use the ribbon die cut for the sentiment. Looks so cute! Thanks for a special treat of a card today! OH! (do I smell friend chicken for dinner?) LOL hugs, de

Jane said...

Cheeky and fun card! Love all those bright colours and patterns. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Anita in France said...

These partying, chattering chucks are so fun, Aimeslee ... such a bright, vibrant, celebatory scene! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so fun - the sentiment is awesome and your colouring is spot on!

OlgaB said...

Such a sweet project. Love the vibrant colours!
Thank you for joining Catch the Bug's tic tac toe challenge.
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

cass said...

Fun and bright birthday card, great sentiment. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

Dawn Frost said...

I love those clucks, lol! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's Bingo challenge, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

Shauna said...

What a fun theme and I really like how you incorporated so many colors and patterns. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Jackie C said...


Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Creaine said...

Great colours!
This looks beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

jimlynn said...

Fun, fun, FUN card and a perfect take on that sketch too! Love the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
Lynn

Margreet said...

This image is so fun. Great card.
Thanks for playing with Cheerful Sketches and the Catch the Bug's Bingo challenge.
xxx Margreet DT

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Aimeslee. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for Elaine's challenge and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Pip Lewer said...

Holy Cluck...what a fabulous fun card. Thanks for joining us this month at AAA Birthday.

The Colourist said...

Thank you for sharing your card with us. Cheers

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us @ Cutie Pies.
Sue x