Friday, November 22, 2019

Turkey Day Leftovers

TGIF once again, fab peeps, hope you survived the week!

Here in the States, next Thursday is our Thanksgiving holiday...which basically amounts to feasting on turkey, football viewing and frantically shopping for deals. Honey and I will be lunching with his family and then I suspect I will be in my playroom arting and crafting. It's always a peaceful holiday weekend for us as we quit doing the Black Friday shopping many years ago. Instead of putting up my Fall papers to get back on Christmas, I made one card and got 2 more started. So I must be on a scrap card roll, lol.

SUPPLIES:
Papers:  American Crafts and SU card stock scraps, patterned papers from my stash
Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Impression Obsession
Inks: Memento
Dies/Punches: Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangle Nesties, Marvy maple leaf punch
Stash/Other: enamel dots, velvet ric rac ribbon


I used Feeling Sketchy's current sketch #229 as an inspirational blueprint, using the same elements but placing a few a bit differently and trying to keep the overall lines.  Since I wasn't following the measurements, I did not resize or print.

When I say I used scraps, I pieced together 3 snippets to form a base mat on an A2 card base I'd previously cut to have on hand. Here's a look at it. It was fun following and yet not following the sketch. I'm always so literal so departing is a stretch for me but I need to stretch more often!

I must have punched a bunch of these maple leaves. I used 2 as the corner elements of the sketch. I spent a good amount of time trying to track down where I got the sweet vintage collage sheet image, to no avail. But I do like how well these paper scraps go with the image's colors. It's a calming and peaceful look, isn't it?.

 Opening the card up, things turn lively! I combined 3 long scrap strips as a base layer across the inside. I spied a half-round snippet and used it to stamp my sentiment and turkey, and more strips for a place to write.

 Same strategy on the back of the card, using scraps and snippets along with a stamped siggie.

Final view of a clean layered style inspired by a fun sketch and the constraints of working with scraps. It definitely made creating it interesting!

CHALLENGES:
1.   Feeling Sketchy #229 -- sketch is shown above
2.   Moo Mania #205: Peace and Tranquility
3.   Ike's Art Challenge #126: K is for Kindness/AG
4.   Beccy's Place November Month of Holiday Cards: Day 2 B for Boy
5.   Your Scrapbook Place November Challenge: Always AG
6.   613 Avenue Create Nov. Challenge #227: AG + Opt. Scrap Your Stash -- details in post above
7.   Time Out Challenge #149: Celebrations -- I did not play the option.
8.   Outlawz Festive Friday Nov. 15-28: Anything Goes
9.   Artsystamper Digitals Challenge #4: Give Thanks
10.  Use Your Stuff Challenge #384: Moodboard -- I used the pumpkins and fall leaves

Thanks for visiting me and allowing me to share my creativity with you. Wonderful weekend wishes! XOXO

19 comments:

Beccy said...

You do such a wonderful job on your cards Aimeslee, I love all the extra details you put in. The image on the front is fabulous and you chose your colours well. Love the solid blue and green card stock, it works really well with all the fall colours. Great patterned paper on the inside and back of your card... I really like all the different holiday messages. Fabulous!
Cheers,
Beccy

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such astunning card! That's such a lovely image with the pumpkins and the die cut leaves 😁. I think the inside and back of the card could be used as card designs in themselves, so beautiful! Wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Another winner here Aimes! Lovely front. Arent sketches helpful?

The inside is a showstopper. Ill bet your recipients go bonkers over your cards.

Donna Ellis said...

Such a lovely, whimsical, sweet card, Aimeslee! Thanks for sharing your creative process, and the layers. I actually LOVE your top and bottom borders, and of course, your amazing interior. Your "made just for you" stamp is so cute! I am always wowed by how much detail you include on your creations, making them masterpieces from front to back. Thanks for the inspiration! hugs, de

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a lovely sketch and card! I like the leaves you added at the corners! Your cards are always so pretty on the inside and back!

Meggymay said...

A lovely card and wonderful additions, I love how you cover all the sutfaces of your fantastic cards.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining Moo Mania &More!

Words and Pictures said...

What a great card, inside and out. I love the windswept image on the front and those texty leaves look so cool. I really like how they give a little foretaste of the papers on the inside - clever designing!
Alison x

Beverly said...

Hi again Aimeslee!

I just love the image on this card, and your choice of colors go perfectly with it. The paper on the back? LOVE that!

Thanks for entering our Artsystamper Digitals Challenge again...good luck in the draw, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper

Carole J said...

A gorgeous Thanksgiving card, Amy! The focal image is so very sweet and the middle and back of your card are just as amazing. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the The Artsystamper Challenge.
Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Michele said...

a very gorgeous card! i love the autumn leaves. and the sentiment makes me smile! wishing you a happy thanksgiving and always something to feel grateful about! xo

Anita in France said...

That's such a lovely, nostalgic, whimsical image, Aimeslee ... and a delicious, warming sentiment ... you've showcased them both wonderfully with the fabulous layering and detailing on this happy card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Darlene said...

WOW what an awesome creation Aimslee! Love that focus image and you've showcased it beautifully! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

ike said...

Oh, that is very pretty and a lovely layout :-) I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving celebration.
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Sall said...

That is just magical and a perfect quote. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Shauna said...

Wow... what an original card! I like the cute scene and the paper layering. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Hi Zowie here again! your card is just wonderful, I adore the image! Thanks so much for entering Our challenge at Artsystamper

Hugs, Zowie (DT) xx

Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}craftsfromthefairyden

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the Feeling Sketchy challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

Tina Z. said...

very pretty.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy.