Sunday, November 24, 2019

Not Everything Pumpkin

Hello, Sunday! What a glorious day you are. Sun is out and we are warming up gradually again. I'm also still at it with my Fall paper scraps. Here's my latest, made from patterned paper and card stock scraps and snippets:

SUPPLIES:
Papers: Pre-made card base, SU card stock scraps, Neenah index stock scraps, patterned paper scraps from my stash
Stamps:Clear Dollar, Neat and Tangled, Impression Obsession
Inks: Memento, VersaFine Clair, Palette Hybrids
Dies/Embossing Folders: Spellbinders Ribbon Slide Trio 2 die, Darice A2 Fall Square Collage embossing folder
Stash/Other: green polka dot ribbon, Pearl-Ex mica powders, embossing powder, Tim distressing tool



  
I began with one of Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2's current sketches, resizing in PSE to an A2-sized card, then printing out as I needed those measurements.

I found a large snippet of brown DCWV white-core card stock that I used to emboss using Darice's Fall Collage folder. I sanded the raised embossed surface with a sanding block and then ink-distressed the exposed white with my Palette Hybrid inks and a finger dauber. I then cut out each of the 4 squares and rearranged them on another large snippet of reddish-brown card stock I found in my scraps.

Onto my orange card base I layered various patterned papers per the sketch, with the 4-square embossed piece on top. Under it I placed a ribbon slide die cut from the brown white-core, after I had stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment and run my ribbon through.

 Isn't that such a wonderful texture on the 2-piece pumpkin die in the center? I first colored the bottom solid pumpkin piece with my ProMarkers, creating a darker orange on top and lighter towards the bottom. I had cut that piece using a scrap of Neenah index stock. More texture was also created by distressing most of the paper and card stock edges with my Tim tool.

 Next came some fun: I took the colored pumpkin and ran it through my Xyron upside down so that the adhesive was on the front. I cut the top pumpkin outline out of a snippet of orange card stock and adhered it. Then I got out 3 colors of Pearl Ex mica powder: Bright Yellow, Sparkling Copper and Green Yellow. I took one of the small paint brushes from my Perfect Pearls sets and brushed on the copper where the orange was, the yellow where the light orange was and the green on the stem. The adhesive holds the mica nicely and the shimmer is insane!

 Inside the card, I simply stamped 2 Neat and Tangled sentiments I've had for awhile and can't remember ever using yet. This card is for my daughter and son in love and she has to work through Thanksgiving and Black Friday weekend and can't come to our family dinner, so I didn't want to just say Happy Thanksgiving, because of that. I hand-wrote how much we will be missing them before sending.

The back of this card is layered with more snippets and scraps. The siggie was stamped and heat-embossed.

 A final look. I enjoyed coloring with my Palette inks and adding the Pearl Ex mica to the pumpkin. I hope it will be a little piece of family and home to our dear children.

CHALLENGES:
1.   Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Sketch 171 -- sketch is shown above
2.   Colour Crazy Challenge Week45: AG + Colouring -- I've colored the pumpkin with ProMarkers and Pearl Ex, and I colored the four embossed squares with Palette Hybrid inks direct to paper.
3.   Time Out Challenge #149: Celebrations -- I did not play the one-layer card option  

4.   Outlawz Crash Your Stash Nov-Dec: Ribbon Slides -- used the top Spellbinders die:
5.   TTCRD For Nov. 19-25: AG
6.   Paper Girls Challenge #188: Family -- my card is for our daughter and son-in-love and Thanksgiving is a family holiday
7.   Beccy's Place November Month of Holiday Cards: Day 18 P for Pumpkin 
8.   Crafty Creations Challenge #402: AG
9.   LTCCB #40: AG
10. 613 Avenue Create Challenge 227: AG + Opt. Scrap Your Stash -- I have played the option!
11. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #366: AG + Snippet(s) -- please see text for description of snippets used and yes please and thank you to the draw!
12. TFJB Frilly and Funkie Challenge: Lovely Leaves
13. Repeat Impressions THTSB Challenge N2019: Inspiration Palette 

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit and checking out my makes. Here's to a wonderful week ahead! XOX

25 comments:

Suze said...

What a delightful Thanksgiving card.

Donna Ellis said...

What an intriguing use of your pattern papers and that leaf technique on the front! Lovely distressed card, Aimeslee! hugs, de

sarascloset said...

Aimslee, I adore your fall card! Those embossed leaves and acorn make the perfect backdrop to that fat pumpkin! Great Thanksgiving Day card! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog! Happy Thanksgiving!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Happy Monday! This is an awesome card. Love the distressing, something we don't see too much these days. Your layout is awesome.

Sharon Fontenot said...

I love checking in on your work. I spent some time meandering through your blog today. Love the sense of humor that you have in the bulk of your work. Its was a fun journey and I definitely gleamed some inspiration. higgledypiggledycrafts@blogspot.com

anne said...

Lovely thanksgiving card, Love your embossing, it has a really lovely autumn feel.. Thank you for playing along with us at SSW2
Anne SSW2 DT

Meggymay said...

Oh wow, your cards are always inspirational and so beautifully designed. A gorgeous autumn card.
Yvonne xx

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation!
Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Kathie said...

Such a lovely card Aimeslee, love the colours and texture. I forgot about Thanksgiving as it's something we don't celebrate here in New Zealand. We're busy enough as it is for Christmas without that on top of everything. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Beccy said...

I'm sure your daughter and son-in-law will love this Aimeslee, even though they can't be with you on the holidays, they'll know you're thinking of them. You've put so much work, care and love into this creation. I love the technique you used to highlight the leaves and acorn, it has really emphasised the embossing. Great idea to add sparkle and texture to the pumpkin with mica powder. You've done a fantastic job decorating all the different sections of the card, I especially love those sentiments on the inside. Awesome!
Cheers,
Beccy

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love that fall embossing folder! This is a great Autumn design!

Crafting with Darcy said...

A very beautiful card for Thanksgiving, Aimeslee! I love the rich colors!

Esther Asbury said...

Love those embossed fall images -- awesome card! Thanks so much for playing along with Repeat Impressions inspiration board challenge this week!

Marjeta said...

Great use of embossing folder. I love this card. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! I love the embossed background with the autumnal colours and who doesn't love everything pumpkin ...lol 😉. Wishing you a wonderful week and a Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Jo x

Di said...

Wonderful card - love the idea of the sanding down as well. Great to see you in the Playground with us again

Hugs

Di xx

Heather said...

Oh, how pretty!! That embossed panel is gorgeous!!! What a great look! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Words and Pictures said...

Scrumptious! I love those textured leaves in the panels and the subtle blended colours over the black are so effective. Your pumpkin looks good enough to eat!
Alison x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful and love the embossed Autumn leaves
Carol x

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is impressive, Aimeslee! Wow, I love the look you achieved on the leaves and acorn! I think I need to come spend a few days with you in your craftroom so you can show me how you did this! I think we would have fun! Love how you finished the inside and back as well!

Natalie said...

what a great card! Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

Cec said...

Love the quartet of fall leaves on this card. Clean and simple but very pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
Hugs!
Cec

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such a wonderful Thanksgiving card. You achieved such a homey, rustic look with the embossing and sanding. Love the effect of the distressing. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Time Out.

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

Love your mixed media card. Thanks for joining us for our challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Crafty hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

Lynn said...

I absolutely love your gorgeous embossing! Stunning fall card.

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!