Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Snowman Christmas Joy

Hump Day already? I'm still having problems telling what time it is! I've been in witness protection hibernating with my Arthurs, so please bear with me {winkwink}. Our high today was 48F degrees! Last night was downright frigid with a low of 29. I know you Northerners are either chuckling or eyerolling me. That's okay, I would too! We are sissies down here when it comes to cold weather, ice or snow. Speaking of which, I have a Snowman card to share with you today.

SUPPLIES:
Papers:  Recollections 110# heavy card stock, Neenah index stock, Lawn Fawn Snow Day patterned papers, Paper Palette gold metallic textured mulberry paper
Stamps:  Beccy's Place Boxed Snowman digital image, Cornish Heritage Farms, Stamplorations, Sweet Stamp Shop
Inks:  ProMarkers, Versafine Clair, VeersaMark
Dies/Punches:  Spellbinders Square Postage Stamp Nesties (2 sizes), Lawn Fawn Everyday Banners
Stash/Other: red/green/gold ric-rac,  gold enamel dots, gold embossing powder, Sakura Gold Shadow metallic gel pen, Wink of Stellas (gold, red, clear)


  
I used one of Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2's current challenge sketches, resizing to 5.5x5.5 in PSE. I have some nice envelopes for this size of card (ordered the wrong size thinking 6x6 cards would fit), so I thought I'd try to make some of this size. The advantage is you can cut your card base from a letter size sheet of card stock. That's what I did here with Recollections 110# heavy card.

I just love this snowman I got over at Beccy's Place's blog 2 years ago. It was a freebie and it's still there to grab if you're interested. Here's the link to Boxed Snowman if you are. Whenever I look in my Beccy's folder of images on my computer, I see this guy. So today I decided to use him, finally! I chose my patterned papers first and then I matched 3 green and 2 red ProMarker shades to the papers I chose. I die cut the image with the largest postage stamp die and then I colored the snowman image, ornament and frame with my ProMarkers. I also wanted to incorporate some metallic gold, so I went to my papers and found this cool stuff:

Stickyback Metallic Mulberry paper! I cut a square the same measurements as the outer parameters of my diecut image so you would only see it peeking out. It's very textual, reminds me of 3D terrain like on a globe when you feel the mountains. It's mulberry paper painted with metallic paint. Had it for years and forgot all about it, lol.

Here's a close-up showing all the shine. I colored the snowman's background with my yellow Wink of Stella (the gold one is just way too dark for me). Then after coloring the ornament red, I coated that with red WoS and then clear WoS.

The inside of my card uses a mix of sentiments, but I wanted Joy to be in the message since it's on the card front.

For the back of my card, I fell back on something I've done before and like to do when using a paper pad: use the scenes. The colors are complementary to the front and it's such a sweet soft scene.

I like how this card turned out. I think it's a good sketch...a bit of work with the paper layers, but I guess I enjoy picking out the patterns on the paper as well as the pattern created by layering the paper patterns. Say that 3 times fast! heeheehee

CHALLENGES:
1.   Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2: A Sketch or 2 for Nov. -- sketch is shown above.
2.   Beccy's Place Nov. Month of Holiday Cards Challenge: Day 12 J for Joy --  and I used a Beccy's digital image, Boxed Snowman.    

3.   Stamping Sensations Nov. Challenge: Traditional Colours Red, Green and Gold -- I have hand-coloured my digital stamp focal image, and have used red, green and gold in my colouring and papers/ribbon.
4.   12 Months of Christmas Link Up #59: ACG + Opt. Red and Green -- I have played the option.
5.    Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Challenge: March Bundle Up -- Snowman is bundled up in wintry clothing.
6.    Christmas Crafts All Year Round Nov.: Stockings or Winter Clothes -- See #5
7.    Jingle Belles JB:19:23: Baby It's Cold Outside (Winter Clothes) -- See #5
8.    Merry Little Christmas Challenge #16: ACG
9.    Outlawz Festive Friday Nov. 1-14: Christmas theme
10.  Christmas Kickstart Challenge #23: Snow -- Snowman   

11.  Through The Craft Room Door Nov. 12-18: AG
12.  SAS4KIDS: Nov. 2-Dec. 6: AG-Kids or Holiday-Kids
13.  Passion for ProMarkers Wk. 519: Ribbons and/or Bows -- glittered ric rac and my focal image is coloured with ProMarkers.
14.  House That Stamps Built Challenge DCC N619: Frame It -- my focal image has a striped frame around it
15.  Crafts Galore Encore #69: AG -- I have used a Beccy's Place digi stamp
16.  Your Scrapbook Place Nov: Always AG
17.  Crafty Creations #402: AG
18.  Take A Word: Stripes
19.  Try It On Tuesday: Cold, Cold, Cold
20.  Happy Little Stampers Nov: AG with Dies
21.  ABMTTC #103: Always AG
22.  Time Out Challenges #148: Home Sweet Home Photo Inspiration -- I took the colors as my inspiration  

23.  Crazy 4 Challenges C4C510: Add a Textural Element -- I added 3: 1) the gold textured metallic mulberry paper behind the focal image, 2) the glittery ric rac, and 3) the sparkly gold enamel dots.  (Below is a photo of the textured metallic mulberry paper.)
24.  Colour Crazy Challenge Week 43: AG with Colouring -- I colored my focal image with ProMarkers and Winks of Stellas.

Thanks for visiting and have a lovely rest of the day! xoxo

31 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I popped over from Beccy's Place because I love this image and you've colored him up so nicely. I can't believe you decorate the back of your cards! I'm in awe. Wonderful work.

Lozzy said...

Love your card and the expression on the snowman is so cool...hugs Lozzy xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

How cute. Look at all those lovely layers. The yellow background is a nice touch. Your colouring is spot on.

Rosie said...

Wow, your card is so elegant and beautiful

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Cath Wilson said...

He looks like rather a sad snowman, Aimeslee... but this is a great card! Love that back with the soft greens. It IS gentle and a great idea. Never heard of self adhesive mulberry paper, but it looks good... a lovely verse for inside, too. It's nice to see the word Christmas, instead of holidays! That just doesn't work over here...holidays are for summer...or the quota of leave we get from work. It's a bright and cheerful snowy scene and I bet that glittery background looks great in real life.
Thanks for joining Try it on Tuesday's Cold, Cold, Cold challenge.
Cath x

Nat said...

Beautiful colouring on this fab, fun image. Thanks for sharing at PFP!
Natx

brenda said...

Such a fun Christmas card and what an unusual but lovely idea to decorate the reverse as well, many thanks for joining in with our Traditional Christmas colours theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Crafting with Darcy said...

So adorable, Amy! Your snowman image by Beccy is so cute and you've made a very sweet card. I love the postage stamp die you used.

indybev said...

Very clever use of stripes on this happy little Christmas card. Nice work!!

Martina said...

Very beautiful card with fun snowman. I admire your creativity. Thanks for joining us in CCAYR challenge. We hope you will participate in our next challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Mrs.B said...

A great Snowman card Aimeslee, but he does look a bit perplexed as to why there's a bauble hanging off his nose!
Love the back of the card too - it will be like getting two Christmas cards for one, a great idea.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday,
Avril xx

froebelsternchen said...

Such a beauty! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! I love your snowman and the pretty winter scene on the back is perfect too 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Happy Friday and wishing you a lovely weekend too! Hugs, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Aimeslee love the cute image and great rik rak
Carol x
thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy
Carol DT x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fabulous and fun card but I'm not sure your snowman is too pleased at having the bauble hanging off his nose!:) Lovely to see the traditional Christmas colours being used here though. Thank you for joining us in our 'Traditional Christmas Colours ' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Beccy said...

What an entertaining post Aimeslee! Sorry to hear you're all tucked up with your Arthurs, I imagine the cold weather wouldn't be helping at all. If it's any consolation, I don't think you're a wimp. I can't imagine the temperature even getting to 0, let alone lower than that! Give me the heat of good ol' Australia any day.
Your card is absolutely fabulous! I love the wonderful bright colours and the shapes and textures you added. The painted mulberry paper is awesome, I haven't seen that before. You really worked hard to put all these different elements together and I'm impressed that you decorated almost the entire surface of your card! Someone will be thrilled to receive such a wonderful gift. Well done.
Cheers,
Beccy

SmilynStef said...

love the traditional holiday hues ... so glad you *bundled up* with us at Jingle Belles.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so adorable and just look at all of those layers! Absolutely love it! The image is beautifully coloured and I always enjoy seeing how you finish the inside and back of your cards! Awesome job!

Crafty KJ said...

Love this jolly snowman and you've coloured him brilliantly! A great layout and that sparkly ric rac ribbon is just fab too! A perfect card for my challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers. Hugs, Karen xx

Sheryl said...

This is such a great fun card. It's sure to lift the spirits of the recipient.
This is such a sweet image and the background is gorgeous.
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl

Anita in France said...

Such a cute snowman, Aimslee ... wonderfully showcased on this fun and festive design ... you take your designs to the inside and back wonderfully! Hope the arthurs are easing for you. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Kathie said...

Wow, Aimslee you have been busy making cards. This is one very cute Snowman I do love this image it's just so cute, great colours and I love this added gold bling paper. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this...but I don't think your snowman is so keen on that bauble! Thanks for sharing your fun card with us at Try it on Tuesday! Chrisx

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh how cute and funny is that snowman? such a fun addition to our JINGLE BELLES gallery!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

He is adorable. Love that you finished the inside and backside as well. Wonderful take on our sketch this month. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2. AJ DT SSW2

anne said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful bright creation with us at SSW2.
Anne SSW2 DT

Carole J said...

You've made a fabulous snowman card, Amy! I love how you coloured him up and used pretty papers in your background. The gold, textured mulberry paper looks fantastic - what a great stash find! Gorgeous verse and a beautiful scenic card back - it's all so beautiful!
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” November Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Monica Maier said...

Such a cute card, love the die cutting with the image! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenge blog!

Monica- DT
https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

What a fun car, Aimeslee! I love all the elements you have used to highlight this fun snowman! (Especially the little pops of gold!) Your weather is certainly the opposite of ours here in Australia! We are very hot with dire drought conditions and terrible bush fires! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies Challenge this month! Please join us again soon!