Sunday, November 10, 2019

Cleaning Up from Halloween

Hello, hope you've had a happy Sunday. I was picking up all my Halloween card making bits and bobs today, and found 3 box lids with card parts that I had not gotten to and one of them was an almost finished card. So, I stored away the other 2 in baggies for next year and completed one to share with you.
SUPPLIES:
Papers:  SU and Neenah index card stocks, DCWV patterned paper
Stamps: Bugaboo Chubby Ghost digi, Crafty Secrets, Pink By Design, EK Success
Inks: ProMarkers, Versafine Clair, Versamark
Dies/Punches:  Fiskars 4-in-1 punch, Spellbinders Classics Circle Nesties, MFT Pinking Edge Rectangles
Stash/Other:  embossing powder, ribbons, Cuttlebug Mini-Monsters Candy embossing folder

  
 I used Mojo Monday's current A2 sized sketch as is, printing out for measurement proportions. My focal circle element had to be larger because of my image, which I believe was originally printed that large to accommodate another sketch I was going to use but didn't. One material way I deviated from the Mojo sketch was that it did not call for the horizontal ribbons that were used for that same discarded sketch. So, call me crazy but I think the ribbons (mini ric rac on orange twill with yellow edging) add to the design quite nicely, as does the addition of the sentiment. Especially since the white dry-embossed rectangle beneath the flags (embossed with a Cuttlebug Mini-Monsters Candy folder) gets completely covered up!

 My candy corn patterned paper was the inspiration for my colors, of course. Doncha love it? It's my Honey's favorite Halloween candy. Too sugary for me and let's face it: no chocolate! haha The paper layer and the orange mat underneath were punched with a corner punch I thought looked good with the pinking edge die-cut rectangles I used.

I have done anything yet with the inside so no photos, but here is the back of the card, using leftovers from the front as is my general habit. The corner punch and pinking edge rectangle dies were again employed, and the siggie is an EK Success stamp.

So, I now have my first card in my 2020 Halloween inventory. And one less box lid in the UFAP UnFinished Art Projects) stack.

CHALLENGES:
1.   Mojo Monday Sketch #526 -- sketch is shown above
2.   Catch the Bug November Theme Challenge: Thankful -- thankful it's no tricks. ;-) I used Bugaboo's Chubby Ghost digi.
3.   Paper Girls Challenge #187: Mix Up Manufacturers -- see Supplies list above
4.   Outlawz Crash Your Stash Challenge Oct. 15-Nov.14: Corner Punches
5.   Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge Nov: AG w/PP
6.   A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge #103: AAG
7.   LTCCB #40: AG
8.   LTSCB #127: AG
9.   Aud Sentiments Challenge #239: AG + Sentiment
10.  Paper Babe Stamps Challenge #106: AG
11.  613 Avenue Create Challenge #227: AG + Opt. Scrap Your Stash -- I have played the option. Everything I used except for the digi stamp (which was newly purchased) was from my stash and I used paper scraps leftover from previous projects.
12.  Beccy's Place November Month of Holiday Cards Challenge: Day 3 C for Candy -- can be any holiday and use any stamps.

Thank you as always for visiting and allowing me to share my creativity with you. XOX

10 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

Good for you for getting a jump start on next year's Halloween! This is so adorable! I love the candy corn paper and the cute ghost! Now I definitely must go and purchase that MFT die with the pinked edges! It's super cool!

Meggymay said...

It looks a really happy fun card. The candy paper pattern looks lovely I do hope you store it safely for next year.
Yvonne xx

Beccy said...

I love the look of candy corn Aimeslee, but never tried it myself. We don't get it in Australia, although with the rise of Halloween I don't think it will be long. Love that you've drawn colour inspiration from the paper, it always makes for a cohesive project. Fabulous little ghost image. Well done on finishing the project, I think I would have stashed it away with the others!
Cheers,
Beccy

Tammy said...

Awww that ghost is so cute Aimeslee and I love the candy corn paper, awesome design as always!
Tammy x

Furrbster said...

This is such a fun card,

Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute ghost and great candy corn paper we don't have that in England either
Carol x

Pia S said...

So sweet and a super take on that sketch! Thanks for joining our challenge at Catch the Bug!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun card! The candy corn with the cute ghost is wonderful 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is ADORABLE! This image is so cute and that candy corn paper is perfect! The back of the card is super cute too! Way to go on getting ahead for 2020!

Leslie said...

OMG, this couldn't be any cuter! Love me some candy corn! Thanks for sharing with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's November "Anything Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, LTCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2