Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Witchy Woman

Wednesday Greetings! We are still watching the Astros play in the World Series. It has gone to Game 7 which is tonight. Good news is, all over one way or another by tomorrow. Too much stress for me! I've already made plans to meet friends for dinner at our local place on Halloween -- no costumes required, of course! I am too lazy to rustle one up. In the meantime, I've a home decoration to share with you today.

This is one of my 8x8 Decos I like to make for display in our home. For this design, I went with a clean and layered look that mixes patterns and is monotone black in color. In fact, it could be considered brazenly black, which is the name of the color challenge I made it for, lol.

  
I used the current sketch #169 over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

SUPPLIES:
Papers: 8x8 chipboard, SU black card stock, Neenah white index stock, Teresa Collins patterned papers
Stamps: Pink By Design
Inks: VersaFine Clair, Palette Hybrid
Dies: Spellbinders A7 Renaissance Jubilee Labels 56
Other/Stash: Gecko Galz witch image from Halloween Night collage sheet and round witch letters from Witching Hour collage sheet, A Colorful Life Bats stencil, clear flat-back rhinestones, sequins

My base for this is a piece of chipboard, to which I adhered the scalloped polka dot bottom paper layer. I wanted to make it more striking by applying the dark/light/dark/light theory, as well as in the case of the patterns, tight/loose/tight/loose. The next layer was done by me sponging Palette Noir Hybrid ink through a bat stencil. On top of that, I layered a tight-striped shaped sheet and then a die cut labels die before adding my focal image in the center and matted with black card stock.

A final look. I finished the piece with the round WITCH letters and large flat-back rhinestones and sequins. I used white sequins glued cup side down to represent bubbles from her cauldron. I like how it looks like she is reaching to touch one. I rarely ever get to use my gaudy rhinestones, so I actually jumped at the chance to use them here.

CHALLENGES:
1.  Gecko Galz October Facebook Challenge: Spooktacular
2.  Rainbow Card October Challenge: Brazenly Black
3.  Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Sketch #169 -- sketch is shown above
4.  Moo Mania #203: Circles
5.  Take a Word Challenge: Gothic
6.  Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge October: AG with PP
7.  Outlawz Monday Greetings + Fall Colors / Halloween
8.  ABMTTC #102: Always AG
9.  Stamplorations October Stencil Challenge: AG with a Stencil 
10. ArtsyStamper Challenge #2: Patterned Papers
I thank you for the visit and happy week ahead! xox

13 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is so darling and will look nice for your Halloween party. I am lazy and wouldn't want to get dressed up either. But, when we are invited to a Halloween party my darling Al is so into it with his pirate costume, I don't want to disappoint him.

Have a wonderful party, Aimes--Bethie

Rosie said...

A very beautiful card.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

froebelsternchen said...

This is a wonderful decoration, gorgeous!
Happy Halloween enjoy the meet up with friends!
Thank you for joining Moo Mania &More again dear Aimeslee.
Hugs, Susi xxx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic home decoration Halloween project, it is a wonderful focal image with the traditional Halloween quote.
Yvonne xx

Beverly said...

This is so cool, Aimslee! We don't dress up for Halloween, but I love the fun creations people make and the decorations...of course the kids, too. However, we don't get any as we live in a retirement community. This is perfect for our Challenge over at Artsystamper Digitals Challenge Blog. Thanks for entering it.
Hugs,
Beverly AKA Artsystamper

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A fun home decor item, and great job with the brazenly black challenge! Black and White is hard for me.

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is so cool! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Michele said...

this is a great card! a little bit of spooky factor and a lot of adorable. xo

Sanna said...

great card! thanks for joining in on the STAMPlorations challenges!

Catie Cuddles said...

Superbly spooky card.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

EricaSta said...

Love this... wonderful artwork for MooMania
Thank you for sharing.

MariLynn said...

Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

Nandini said...

So elegant and beautiful! Great to see you in our gallery and hope you will join us again soon! Please do visit my blog Paint Paper Scissors for more inspiration.
Nandini – Design Team member, Rainbow Card Challenges!