Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Happy Hump Day. Hope it's clear skies and artsy wherever you are. Our Houston Astros lost tonight, Honey and I were disappointed but also relieved. Even he said this was way too much stress! haha Congratulations to the Washington Nationals for winning their first World Series title. I'm just popping in before bed to post the first of a few last-minute Halloween creations.

I tried a little something different on this card. I've wanted to use this digi stamp set, so what better time than Halloween? The moon, clouds and twisted tree are 3 separate .png images in the set. I opened them in PSE and arranged them like the preview scene, just to see if I could. I added the sentiment using the Text function. Then I printed it out and trimmed it down to fit my card.

SUPPLIES:
Papers -- SU card stock, Neenah index stock
Stamps -- Tiddly Inks Twisted Tree digi set stamps, Paper Artsy, Crafty Secrets, Pink By Design, Third Coast, Leave Memories
Inks -- VersaFine Clair, ProMarkers
Dies / Punches -- Clear Dollar Labels die
Other / Stash: Doodlebug 12" paper fringe trim, Sakura Glaze gel pen, American Crafts gross grain patterned ribbon (on back of card), computer-generated sentiment on front

 
I used last week's SplitCoast Stampers sketch SC772 and since I did not follow the measurements of the side and bottom strips, I did not resize and print out. 

I used my ProMarker Grey shades to tone the tree bark and then color the clouds. I used my clear Sakura Glaze pen to color in the circles in the moon. I have detail shots further down that show the shine and dimension.

I wanted to keep this card clean and simple, so for the bottom strip element, I just trimmed my image to let the black mat show on bottom and left side. Then I colored some paper fringe black with my ProMarker and adhered it down the side for that wider strip element. I cut the fringe in a wavy pattern and curled the fringe up somewhat.

 On the inside of my card, I used a variety of Halloween stamps, just looking at what I had and choosing some spooky ones.

 The back is matted simply with black card stock and then two strips of ribbon are adhered along with my siggie stamp on a die cut label.

 This is a 4-shot close-up of the moon with the Sakura Glaze coating.

And a final view. I thought about adding some bling or something, but left things as they are to keep the white space. Not every card has to be blinged up....she said, trying to convince herself. hahaha

CHALLENGES:
1.  SplitCoast Stampers Sketch #SC772 -- sketch is shown above
2.  Rainbow Card Challenge #10 October:  Brazenly Black -- my 3rd and final entry
3.  Tiddly Inks Challenge #230: Trick or Treat Spooky or Sweet -- Spooky and I used Tiddly Inks digital images in a digi set called Twisted Tree
4.  Outlawz Monday Greetings Oct.28-Nov. 11: CAS One-layer
5.  Stamplorations October CAS Challenge: ACASG + Opt. Orange -- I did NOT play the option  

6.   The Creative Crafters Challenge #21: AG
7.   The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge: Make It CAS
8.   Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge #85: 31 Days of Halloween 
9.   Creative With Stamps Challenge #43: Tree 
10.  Through the Craft Room Door Challenge Oct. 29-Nov. 4: AG
11.  Crafty Creations Challenge #401: AG

That's it for me. Thanks for visiting and have a great rest of the week! xoxo

11 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Great card design! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters

Diane said...

Fabulous Halloween card!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood...Happy Halloween!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is such a unique card with all of your pattern and texture! Thanks again for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

Darlene said...

OMG what a cool creation inside & out! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Words and Pictures said...

Definitely spooky, but there's also something very elegant and Japanese looking about the design, especially those clouds. Great card.
Alison x

Sheryl said...

This is a great monochrome card.
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl
TTCRD DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card on all sides and love the twisted images
Carol x

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Love this Aimslee. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Creative Crafters Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Wendy DT Member for https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!! Thanks for playing along in the STAMP CAS Challenge!

maria f. said...

I love that sentiment! And it looks so cool monochromatic. Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations CAS Cards Challenge.

Nandini said...

Wow! Such a cool card! Great to see you in our gallery and hope you will join us again soon! Please do visit my blog Paint Paper Scissors for more inspiration.
Nandini – Design Team member, Rainbow Card Challenges!