Thursday, October 31, 2019

A Birthday Full of Fortune

And hello again on this fine All Hallows Eve Thursday! Well, World Series fans at Houston's Minute Maid Park game last night walked out to a pretty good cold front barreling into our area. Right now at 7:30 a.m.it is 39F degrees and very windy and wet. Lots of rain. Lord only knows what the windchill is. (Eegads: 28F per my weather app) I would be loving it except I know my Arthurs are going to exact their pounds of additional pain from me as today wears on. But, the skies and humidity will clear up by tonight for our evening out with good friends, food and fun. I will survive! My prayers for the eastern US as this weather intensifies and moves their way. I read in some places Halloween festivities have been moved to this weekend because of it.

Today I've got a birthday card with a gypsy fortune telling theme to share, and it is also my very first shaker card ever attempted. Gecko Galz has Facebook challenges ending tonite for a gypsy/bohemian theme AND also for a shaker card, so I gathered up my courage and said why not?

 
I flipped the Stick It Down October sketch vertically to accommodate my crystal ball sentiment element. It looked more anchored and less floaty that way. The huge round circle element and space for my shaker element is what drew me to this layout that I sized to 6x6 before printing out.

SUPPLIES:
Papers: SU and DCWV card stocks, Neenah index stock, Basic Grey Scarlet Ruby patterned papers
Stamps: Crafty Secrets, Technique Tuesday
Inks: VersaFine Clair, ProMarkers, Sakura Metallic Gel Pens
Dies: Little B's Scalloped Nested Circles, Spellbinders 6x6 Art Deco Fairmont Label Nestabilities, MFT Photo Corners
Other / Stash: Gypsy fortune teller image from Gecko Galz Fortune Has It collage sheet, Ranger Rainbow Sparkle and Clear embossing powders, various white and gold sequins

I finally struggled through my first  ever shaker card creation. This will take more practice and fine-tuning, but my first experience with it was good.

The inside of the card has two die cut mats . I am waiting on a stamp set I recently ordered to arrive. When it does, I will stamp a sentiment here.

The back of my card has another die cut mat. I also used one of the tags in the collection to stamp my Technique Tuesday siggie on.


CHALLENGES:
1.   Stick It Down October Sketch -- sketch is shown above
2.   Gecko Galz October Facebook Challenge: Gypsy/Bohemian Theme
3.   Gecko Galz October Facebook Challenge: Shake It 
Thanks so much for visiting and have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us in the Stick It Down October Card Sketch challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, SID Card Team
Love To Scrap 2

Words and Pictures said...

Great use of the papers - and I love her mystical look - just right to go with the magic of a shaker card. The inside is lovely too.
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! I love the shaker design, the forums teller looks like she conjuring up some magic ...lol 😉. Happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Crafting with Darcy said...

Very beautiful, Aimeslee! I really love this!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Now this card is fabulous. How clever to design a shaker card using this design. It's so unique, just like you my friend. I really like your style.

The red I used with the cool carribean is real red. It is one of my favourite colour combinations.

Have a good weekend Aimes.

Ashley H said...

Wow! You can just see how much work went into this gorgeous card!

Thanks for sharing at SID! :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Aimeslee! You've made a gorgeous card! Really loving all the die-cuts and the skaker - way to go on making your first one! It's been awhile since I made one so you've inspired me! I'm not familiar with Stick it Down Sketches so I'll have to go check them out for November; I do love a good sketch! Great way to finish the back and inside of your card, very professional looking!

crafty-stamper said...

Your first shaker card? It's brilliant love the vintage gypsy image and beautiful papers
Carol x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've been offline for nearly a week. Longer, in fact than I anticipated. I'm running SO far behind. Trying to catch up is harder than I anticipated. However, every time I visit, which isn't often enough, I might add, I am overwhelmed by the incredible amount of work you put into each project you make. Your shaker card with the fortune teller is a perfect example of how you coordinate the front to the inside AND the back of your cards. You make absolutely incredible art.

I would LOVE to add your blog to my left sidebar, so I can keep in better touch. However, I will only do so with your approval. Again, LOVE this shaker card. Can she tell my fortune, please which will include more time in a day (grin)?

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

I’m agreeing re cold Arthur’s playing unkindly in cold, Aimslee, feeling for you as winter approaches, you were game to try this, it looks good flipped design wise it’s a nice sketch, I’m fussy about fussy sketches!
Thanks for Sharing, God bless, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Chana Malkah said...

This is a great project! You definitely captured the Gypsy theme. I love the image inside your shaker...very nice! Great integration of papers and very creative use of your dies! Love it!
Hugz,
Chana