Sunday, October 27, 2019

You're Purrr-fect!

Greetings from the happiest place right now, lol. The World Series is tied, 2-2. Our Houston Astros are bringing it back to Houston for the remaining games, first team to win 2 more games wins the Series. Yikes! Very exciting!

The card I'm sharing today carries the excitement over and features a Bugaboo Stamps digital happy cat and pumpkin image colored with my ProMarkers and made completely out of paper snippets and scraps from the Halloween paper pile.


  
I used the current Bugaboo Stella Says Sketch, rotating it sideways and sizing to A-2. I changed the orientation of the enamel dots to accommodate my focal image being a tad larger than the sketch suggests.

SUPPLIES:
Papers: SU black card stock card base and matting, Neenah index stock, misc. paper scraps
Stamps: Bugaboo Goofy Cat Halloween Pumpkin, Pink By Design, Leave Memories
Inks: ProMarkers, Sakura glitter gel pen, white Uniball Signo pen, VersaMark, Memento, VersaFine Clair
Dies: Lawn Fawn Everyday Extra Sentiment Banners
Stash/Other: Orange and black glitter embossing powders, enamel dots

That cat's expression makes me chuckle. Bugaboo named him Goofy Cat and Honey immediately said "Ren and Stimpy!" when he saw him. While looking through my Halloween sentiment stamps, I spied the "You're Purr-fect" and to me, THAT is what his expression is saying, lol. Like, Ruh-Roh, what do you mean I'm perfect...for what?"

The card making process was pretty straightforward. I just combined patterned paper scraps until I found a pleasing mash-up. The card base and mattings are the only solid card stock used.  I usually only combine patterns that are part of a collection and these scraps are far from that! The bottom squares paper already came glittered. The sentiment was heat-embossed with a Creamsicle orange powder on a scrap of die cut black card stock.

On the inside of the card, I explained why "You're Purr-fect" -- they dig the recipient and want to party with them. (The tease, of course, is they are perfect to suck their blood or something vampirish or ghoulish.)

The back of the card uses more patterned paper scraps and a Technique Tuesday siggie stamp, embossed with black glitter powder. I had a card stock mat and some striped paper with that same ghoulish glowing green so of course had to use it.

You may have noticed that I use that yummy ghoulish green a LOT for the sky/air on Halloween cards. I get that almost-glowing color by combining different ProMarker greens (Soft Lime, Apple, Meadow Green + a splash of Lime Greeen) with a yellow. And bonus, there's a similar shade in the striped paper. :-)

CHALLENGES:
1.  Bugaboo Stella Says Sketch #717 -- see sketch above
2.  More Mixed Media October Challenge: AG + Opt. Orange -- I have played the option.  

3.  LTCCB #39: AG
4.  Crafty Creations Challenge #401: AG
5.  The Three Muses Challenge: Eye, Eye -- the cat eyes in my focal image suggest there is a little crazy behind them. ;-)
6.   Take A Word Challenge: Orange and Gold
7.   Catch the Bug October Photo Challenge: Fall Colors 
8.   Scrapping4Fun Challenge #152: AG
9.   SUYP Challenge #47: Meow-loween / Furrything Goes 
10.  Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge #85: 31 Days of Halloween 
11.  Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper October Challenge: AG with PP
12.  Lost Coast Portal to Creatvity Challenge #86: PETS 
13.  Try it on Tuesday Challenge: Witches/Wizards/Halloween
14.  ABMTTC #102: Always AG 
15.  Brown Sugar Challenge #294: AG 
16.  Time Out Challenge #147: Inspired By Words 
17.  Di's Digi Design Challenge: Halloween / Harvest
18.  Colour Crazy Challenge Week 41: AG with Colouring -- I used ProMarkers to color focal image
19.  Outlawz Monday Greetings Oct. 14-27: Fall/Halloween Colors
20.  ITDS Challenge #9: AG

Thanks so much for visiting me and Happy Weekend! XOX

18 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Oh, I love being able to make things from scraps...well done, you! This looks wonderful.

I still can't quite get my head around the fact that there are so many cute images and cards to celebrate something so dark...but hey, I'm just too English, lol. It's a great card and even better for getting rid of some of those scraps you don't want to bin!

Glad you're happy about the sport...not my cup of tea, apart from tennis ;-) I must be the only person in the UK who doesn't support a soccer team...or care who wins what! My brothers and sons despair of me, he, he! Long may your happiness continue :-)

Thanks for playing in TIOT's challenge, Aimeslee and Happy Sunday!
Cath x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fun card. Thanks for sharing at Time Out.

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing Aimeslee! Thank you for joining Try it on Tuesday again.

ike said...

How excellent. This is gorgeous. Lovely colouring and I really like how you used up all them Halloween scrappies - well done you xxxx
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Terrific card. Your colouring is spot on. Great layout.

Marjeta said...

great desain and coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy.

sandie said...

I sure hope your guys win their games! And what a fab and fun card-adore your colouring and love how you built up the card-does sound like it was fun! Also love you explained the sentiment by adding this inside-so cool. Thanks for joining Time Out

Tammy said...

So cute and fun, I love that image!
Tammy x

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous card! I love the cat stamp, it looks perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant card that brought a smile to my face! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I absolutely love the bright colors on this! Hope you are doing well!

Nathalie said...

So funny halloween card! Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi this week.
Nathalie DT

Crafting with Darcy said...

I love your card, Amy! It is so very cute and you did a great job with that sketch! I will have to check out Bugaboo's sketch challenge. I didn't even know they had one! You did a fabulous job combining everything into a wonderful card!

craftysahmiam said...

Thanks for sharing your "purr-fect" Halloween card with us at Love To Craft =)

Margreet said...

Cute card with great coloring.
Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug.
xxx Margreet DT

valscraftings said...

Fabulous card love the kitty!

Thank you for joining in at Scrapping4funChallenges...DT Val x

Anita in France said...

Such fun, Aimeslee ... and just slightly spooky in a cute kind of a way! Your colouring is fabulous ... and the pp complements it wonderfully! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Lynn said...

So much fun! Love all the bits and pieces!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!