Friday, October 18, 2019

Music Makers and Dreamers of Dreams

TGIF! How is everyone? Honey and I are having a good week. Tonight at 6:08pm is Game 5 of the play-offs between the Astros and Yankees, we lead it 3-1. Then after that from 9-1, a birthday party at a nearby club for the wife of a beloved local musician who is playing a gig there.

She's also a musician, so I chose to make her a card using this fabulous Gecko Galz image and combine a few challenges in the mix. Since the recipient is an artist-type, I felt free to give a little encouragement to her artistic spirit. They struggle financially to pursue performing and sometimes it takes {en}courage{ment}.

   
I used the current sketch from Moving Along With The Times, resizing it in PSE to 6x6 and printing out for measurements as I followed the sketch proportions closely. All papers used were from 7Gypsies Zanzibar 6x6 paper pad except for the navy blue textured Bazzill card base I cut from a 12x12 sheet. I cut the other half into mats for the papers.

SUPPLIES:
Papers: Bazzill Textured card stock - navy blue, 7Gypsies Zanzibar Collection patterned papers, Gecko Galz collage sheet image of woman from Oct. 2017 monthly sheet
Stamps: Impression Obsession Wonka Collection, Inkadinkado, Avery Elle, Stampabilites, Sugarloaf, SasaFras Lass, Practicing Creativity, Neat & Tangled, siggie stamp made locally
Inks: VersaFine Clair
Dies: My Favorite Things, Spellbinders, Clear Dollar
Punches: Martha Stewart border punch
Other / Stash: Rhinestones, Coluzzle circles template, embossing powder

I don't often mix patterns of a collection as much as this (I counted 6 different patterns), so it was a little bit of excitement for me, lol. I felt much more comfortable anchoring it all with same color (navy) matting. Don't know as I'd do it otherwise. That's just me though. It was a lot more work and required me to really focus (eegads!) on my precision. But I do like the finished look. I did want to fussy it up more somehow but I was hesitant to mess with it more.

All construction on this card is pretty self-evident. I will note that I used the navy and white dotted paper to frame my image and I think it gives it a nice polished look. And the circular element behind the image is a Spellbinders medallion-like die called Lotus Pendant matted by my largest circle die and then a navy bottom mat cut with my Coluzzle. Yup, good old ancient Coluzzle to the rescue, hahaha. Gotta love old supplies that just won't die and thank the Lord they don't!

The inside of the card is full of stamping...ya think? I just got an idea to add all those circles. Also to border punch one side of each lined sheet and then to make it the inside side! Strange yet I like the look!

The back of the card was put together with the leftover paper I'd cut into for the front. I die cut a label and stamped a siggie stamp I had made at a local printing shop quite a while back and used a lot then grew tired of it. If you follow my blog, you probably know I switch up my siggie stamp often.

Final view. I had fun making it and I think it's a great sketch that showcases that image and the sentiment well. And I discovered that applying tiny flat-backed rhinestones isn't that hard with a good sticky tool (Marvy Jewel Picker) and a good glue (KIMemories Gloo or Glossy Accents).

CHALLENGES:
1.   Moving Along With The Times Challenge #108: Sketch -- sketch shown above
2.   Gecko Galz October Blog Challenge: Gypsy Fortunes -- I used an image from October 2017 monthly newsletter subscriber sheet  
3.   Gecko Galz October Facebook Challenge: Gypsy / Bohemian -- I used an image from October 2017 monthly newsletter subscriber sheet  
4.   Paper Girls Challenge #185: Birthdays
5.   Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge Oct. 18-Nov. 1: Birthday theme
6.   Time Out Challenge #146: Encouraging
7.   Crazy 4 Challenges C4C506: Music
8.   613 Avenue Create Challenge #226: AG -- I have NOT played the Spotlight option.
9.   Three Muses Challenge: Superpower -- I would like to be more musical, wild and free, like a gypsy. ;-)
10.  Moo Mania Challenge #202: Die Cuts and Punches -- The bottom of each vertical strip and mat was punched with a Martha Stewart border punch. The horizontal sentiment band trim is a My Favorite Things die. The circle element underneath the image is 2 Spellbinders dies. And my back siggie is stamped on a die cut label.
11.  ABMTTC Challenge #102: AG
12.  Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Oct. Challenge: Ag w/PP

Thanks so much for visiting me and have a great weekend! xoxo

19 comments:

Meggymay said...

A beautiful and very special card, I'm sure it will be treasured. The sentiment words you added are lovely
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Absolutely charming and beautiful and the words are so lovely chosen. Gorgeous!
Thank you for joining Moo Mania &More dear Aimeslee! Happy weekend!
Susi xxx

Rosie said...

A very beautiful card

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Sheila H said...

Your card is quite eye catching and a lot of fun. Your friend is sure to enjoy it very much. Thanks for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous....simply fabulous!!!! Just love your wonderful image, just so fun. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Michele said...

gorgeous creation! xo

Words and Pictures said...

That's a great quote from a favourite poem of mine, and I love the fabulous 1920s flapper you've chosen to go with it. The stylish patterned hanging banners are really cool too - what a great card. I hope you're still leading in the play-offs, and I hope it was a great gig!
Alison x

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Aimeslee!! I love that image and the awesome sentiment, beautiful layout and inside too! I bet she loved it.
Tammy x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Stunning card, Aimeslee, a lot of work but really beautiful and fun too. Well done.
Had to google Coluzzle, as had no idea what it was.
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Wendy L said...

Looks fab, thank you for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Anita in France said...

What a flamboyant, vibrant design, Aimeslee ... fabulous with the sentiment that's so perfect for your performing friend! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

AlisonC said...

I love this look, so many rich patterns and textures. The whole card is a work of art and is sure to make someone happy! x

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog’. You have followed the sketch perfectly. Lovely words too. Hope you can join us for our next challenge.
Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

Nonni said...

She will love this card for sure! I love all the stunning papers you used, so many pretty details here! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Shona Chambers said...

There is so much to love on this card!! I can totally see the love and time you put into it, the details are incredible. Absolutely love the main image, the sentiment is perfect for our challenge. And all the papers and embellishments you use go with them theme so beautifully. Its a fabulous card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

Chrissy said...

FABulous card..
Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lozzy said...

Beautiful xx

Carole J said...

Sorry I'm late in commenting, Amy. This is a most beautiful card - I love the banners in the background and the sentiment is fabulous - is this a stamp? Gorgeous work, Amy. Thanks for joining the Gypsy Fortunes Challenge at Gecko Galz xx
Carole DT

flossbite said...

Wonderful creation. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!