Friday, October 4, 2019

Gear Up Steampunk Birthday

Hi Guys, TGIF! Just minutes before Sketch Saturday's deadline and here I am posting again at the last minute!


  
I put the sketch in PSE and flipped it vertically and horizontally to accommodate my cupcake and my gearhead corner piece. Also resized it to 5x7.

Ok, for this card the bottom gear paper layer is Graphic 45 with some ink distressing and Deco scissor cutting on the edges. The next paper layer is a snippet of BG Out of Print text collage, mostly white, that I ended up inking and stenciling and stamping on, completely changing the look:
From this... I chose this text collage paper specifically for Gecko Galz Facebook Text challenge, which is "use some form of text on your project".
To this....  I've almost now covered up the text getting so carried away with ink distressing and stenciling, because the paper was too white and needed some coordinating color.
To this! I had to go back and add text stamping, because as I said my original intention was to stencil and ink to highlight the text, but I ended up completely covering the text collage up. So I had to stamp on some more text. I do love the end result though! I'm a bit addicted to those blending brushes. I never have felt that the Tim blending tools or the finger sponge daubers were letting me do my best work, but with these brushes I am not in control yet I feel like they help me do what I want more. Distress inks are really bold and strong, not really a subtle color in the bunch.

This close-up is the money shot for me right here. That adorable fussy-cut steampunk cupcake collage sheet image just makes me happy to look at! The sequins, the stenciling, the gold gearhead die - lovelovelove!!! This is the card I'd love someone to have sent me, lol.

The gold gearhead die corner was actually made a few weeks ago for another project I ended up not using. Kinda had to use it for this card...like it was just sitting there waiting! I die cut it from the same card stock as the base of this card coincidentally, then I coated it first with gold Wink of Stella, then with yellow Wink of Stella. Sitting there and curing over several days only made it prettier and more sturdy. I used my spray adhesive to attach to my card and that worked like a dream.

SUPPLIES:
Paper: SU card stock, Neenah index stock, Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante pp, Basic Grey Ambrosia and Out of Print pp
Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Artistic Outpost, Wild Rose Studio, My Favorite Things, Fiskars, Papertrey Ink
Ink: Fallen Leaves and Pinecone VersaFine Clair
Dies:Spellbinders A7 Heirloom Legacy oval, Sizzix Gearhead Thinlit
Other: Gecko Galz Cupcake image from GG Steam Powered collage sheet, Tim Holtz Gears and Grid Dot Layering Stencils
Stash: Sequins, Deco Scissors

This inside has stamped sentiments by Fiskars and Papertrey Ink.

And the back of my card has leftover snippets from my stash, a strip from the front and my MFT siggie stamp.

One last look! Just makes me smile! :-)

CHALLENGES:
1.  Sketch Saturday #583 - sketch shown above
2.  Paper Babe Stamps Challenge #103: Photo Inspiration - I was inspired by the colors.  
3.  Gecko Galz Facebook Oct. Challenge: Text - see above discussion and close-up photos
4.  Mix It Up Challenge #30: AG + Opt. Open Technique - I've played the option. My technique is Stenciling.
5.  Stamplorations October Stencil Challenge: AG with a Stencil -- I have used 2 stencils - see above Supplies list, photo and text.  

6.  TTCRD Oct. 1-7: AG
7.  Paper Girls Challenge #184: AG
8.  The House That Stamps Built DCC 0219: Circles - I have gear circles and sequin circles galore on this card.
9.  Crafts Galore Encore October Challenge #68: AG
10. Crafty Creations Challenge #399: AG
11. LTCCB #39:AG
12. ABMTTC #101: AG
13. Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper October Challenge: AG with PP
14. The Creative Crafters Challenge #20: AG
15. Outlawz Festive Fridays Challenge Oct. 4-17 --  Birthday theme
16. SanDee & amelie's Steampunk Challenge: October AG

Thanks for visiting and Good Weekend! xoxo

16 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun artsy card, Aimeslee! Love the mix of papers and the punny sentiment leaves me smiling.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carol x

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is an amazing steampunk card - so many cool effects. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice work Aimes. I love how you used the text on your background. The cogs are a perfect addition. Great job--Bethie

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant Steampunk card Aimeslee fabulous cake and corner cogs die-cut greeat step by step too
Carol x

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Adoring the background and colors. The cupcake looks super amazing. Love seeing your entry at STAMPLorations Stencil October Challenge and best of luck Aimeslee.
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
...STAMPlorations {Stencil Design Team}...
...Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}...
...My Instagram...

Harriet Skelly said...

This is a great steampunk card - I love all the elements and the earthy colors! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations Stencil challenge!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who would love this card so much
Thank you for taking the time to play along with us at Through The Craft Room Door. We really appreciate you linking to us.
Amanda DT and owner

Maura said...

Cool combination of gears and birthday embellies! Fun card for someone! Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us at Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenges! hugs, Maura

Esther Asbury said...

That background is marvelous!! So many wonderful details! Thanks for playing along in the "Use Circles" challenge over on THTSB!

Heather said...

Beautiful card! Love that fabulous background and that strip of gears down the side; so fun! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

MariLynn said...

Love how the gears look. I am always using stuff I "made" for other projects. Great job. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil October Challenge.

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

What amazing steampunk Birthday card. Thank you for your lovely entry at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Great steampunk card. Amazing artsy background. Thanks for joining us at LTCCB
Tina dt

sweet art designs said...

I first want to apologize for taking so long to comment. I have been on holidays and I love looking at everyone's entries so I told the design team that I would respond to my quota of entries once I returned. Fun card design. Thank you for showing us your patterned papers at Crafty Hazel Nut's Patterned Paper Monthly Challenge - Myrna DT

Claudia N. said...

Such a beautiful card! I can see how much love and labour have gone into it - and that it paid off!! Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia x

Helen Gullett said...

That is fabulous mixed media card. I like those layers on the background, pretty cool. Thank you for playing along with STAMPlorations October Stencil Challenge!