Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Christmas Coffee Fusion

HiHo! Tis me again, chasing Fusion's challenge deadline. The challenge is a sketch and/or theme and I've played both. The theme is coffee, which is handy since it's National Coffee Week and there are blog hops happening. I haven't been feeling up to par today, and I really need to go lay down, so I didn't even finish the inside or back of this card yet. But I did want to get it blogged.

I'm proud of this card. I envisioned it when I saw the sketch and all the time I was making it I thought it wasn't going to work. For one thing, the coffee stamp is not a Christmas stamp and I'd never inked it up before and did not realize how delicate the lines were. When I decided to ink the background and needed to mask it (see mask below), I had to decide to cut the mask around the image leaving some background. But I guess made it work. I like how it turned out.

  
I used Fusion's current sketch and Coffee theme. I resized the sketch to 5x7 and then turned it sideways in PSE before printing out.

Here's a pic showing you the mask after inking the background. I used my ProMarkers to color the coffee cup "flowers". I used my blending brushes to apply the Distress ink.

SUPPLIES:
Paper: Recollections 110# Heavy Card Stock, SU cs, Neenah index stock, Bazill Textured Shimmer cs
Stamps: Impression Obsession, Stamplorations
Ink: Distress Festive Berries, VersaFine Clair, ProMarkers
Dies: Lawn Fawn Falalalala, MFT Homespun Stitch Lines
Embossing Folder: Crafters Companion 5x7 Sheena It's Christmas Scotty
Other from Stash: Sakura Gold Shadow gel pen, embossing powder, corner rounder punch, Viva Decor Pearl pen, Nuvo Crystal Drops


Here are a couple of shots to show the shiny bits. I used the gel pen to traced the raised surface of the embossed card and also the coffee cups and spoons. I heat-embossed the stamped sentiments and finished with some Viva Decor and Nuvo dots.

CHALLENGES:
1.  Fusion Card Challenge: Sketch and/or Coffee - I played both Sketch and Coffee theme
2.  Winter Wonderland: Use Fave Embellishments - Nuvo and Viva Decor  homemade Dots
3.  Jingle Belles Challenge JB:19:20: Winter-themed - I'm celebrating coffee (Nat'l Coffee Week).
4.  Crazy 4 Challenges C4C504: Drinks - Coffee
5.  Colour Crazy Week 38: AG with Colouring - I colored my coffee image with ProMarkers.
6.  Outlawz Saturday Paper a la Mode Sept. 28-Oct. 11: Dry Embossing - The top of my card front is dry embossed.
7.  Crafty Creations #399: AG
8.  Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Card Challenge June: Red and Gold
9.  Sparkles Christmas Oct. Challenge #105: Make Us Laugh
10. Stamplorations Theme & Photo Oct. Challenge: Stamp + 3 Colors or Photo or Both --  I think I've played both... I know I used Stamps and red/green/gold but my stamped image is coffee flowers and there are flowers in the inspiration photo.

I'm off to take a nap now. Thanks so much for visiting me and come back anytime. XOX

13 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous !

Happy October Aimeslee!

Linda Callahan said...

Totally fun card! Bright and happy! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very creative coffee card, I like that mocha sentiment! Hope you feel better soon!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog for the current challenge the theme is “Use Your Favourite Embellishments” and the sponsor is Bugaboo Digi Stamps. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Heather said...

Very clever - such a cute sentiment to go with the garden o' mocha, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

SmilynStef said...

fun coffee Christmas ... so glad you joined me at Jingle Belles.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant non-traditional Christmas card love the image and that mask would work well on a project too
carol x

Julie B said...

Such a fun pairing of image and sentiment.
Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations. :)

Monika Skinner said...

Great festive card for coffee lovers. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations' Theme & Photo Prompt challenge. Good Luck!

lauren bergold said...

fun christmas card. thanks for joining us at JINGLE BELLES.

Monica C. said...

Cute card and I love how you turned it into a Christmas card.
Thank you for joining the Colour Crazy challenge.
Monica C. DT Color Crazy

Julie Odil said...

You did a great job on this, Aimeslee! Love the Christmas colors. Thanks for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenges. Julie O, DT member

Debbie said...

Very cute card! And I'm not even a coffee drinker! :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That