Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Bohemian Queen Birthday Owl

Happy Tuesday and also the first day of October! Today begins the last 3 months of this year. Where did 2019 go? I'd love to know. ;-)

 
I used a Split Coast Stampers sketch from August (no deadlines). In PSE, I resized the sketch to 5x7 A7 and flipped it horizontally before printing out. Between the front and inside I used the entire set of CHF Royal Birthday stamps on this one card, something I rarely ever do. I was going for a Bohemian style vibe and ended up riffing a play on words with the rock group Queen who sang Bohemian Rhapsody. I used shades of blue, pink and brown that exude bright and bold. I also played 2 Tic-Tac-Toe board challenges for bling and embossing, so I chose to use a lot of copper heat embossing. This plus Nuvo Crystal Drops and a glittery ribbon provided my bling.

I was happy to get to use my Spellbinders Doilies dies. On the larger pink one, I ink distressed the edge (and also my bottom pink matt layer). On the smaller one and the flag banner, I smooshed the edges with VersaMark and heat-embossed with the copper powder. I also stamped and heat-embossed the sentiments in copper.

I rounded all corners with my Cropadile Chomper before distressing the edges with my Tim tool. My final step was taking 3 colors of Nuvo Crystal Drops and making my pearls or enamel dot bling.

SUPPLIES:
Paper: SU card stock, Neenah 110# index stock, Best of K&Co Collection pp
Image: Gecko Galz Owl image from their Thankful for Fall Jewel It 2 Collage Sheet
Dies: Spellbinder Nestie Classic Circle and Doilies Tear Drop dies; MFT Jumbo Fish Tail Banner die
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms, Avery Elle, My Favorite Things
Inks: VersaMark, Fallen Leaves VersaFine Clair, Victorian Velvet Distress
Stash:  Ribbon, Bling (Nuvo Crystal Drops), copper embossing powder, Tim distressing tool

Inside you can see all the stamps in the CHF set I used and 2 sentiments from Avery Elle.

For the back, I used snippets of paper left over from the front, rounding corners and edge-distressing and ink-distressing on the pink card. with an MFT siggie stamp.

Here are some close-ups and a final look:



CHALLENGES:
1.  Split Coast Stampers Sketch 762 - sketch shown above
2.  The House That Stamps Built Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge S1119 - I chose the right hand column down: Blue / Ribbon / Heat Embossing
3.  Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge Sept. 24-Oct.7: Tic-Tac-Toe - I chose middle row across: Pink & Bling / Dark Aqua & Sentiment / Brown & Stamp
4.  Gecko Galz Facebook Group October Challenge: Bohemian Theme - Okay, my card is a word play on Bohemian Rhapsody...Queen...get it? LOL Plus, kinda gots a bohemian vibe. ;-)

Thanks so much for coming by to check out my art! Have a wonderful week! XOX

4 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Brilliant Aimy!

Jacq said...

What a fabulous card Aimeslee! I love that owl image and all the different elements!
Thanks for joining us over at The Outlawz Colour Challenge!

Jacqui
The Outlawz DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the owl and the vintage/distressed result
Carol x

Heather said...

I definitely think it has a bohemian vibe with the colors and distressing. Great color combo and the copper fits perfectly! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.