Sunday, September 29, 2019

Happy Fall Y'all

Sunday Greetings, Lovely Blog Peeps! I liked using that Altenew Leaf Frame die cut so much on my last card that I've made another fall card with it, this time for my mother-in-law. And I've made it all glittery and colored it a different way.

I began this card with a green glitter card stock base. I colored (or painted) the leaf frame's outer border and center piece with yellow Wink of Stella. I color-painted the leaves with Wink of Stella layers of yellow, red and purple, and the stems with purple and black. I did not wait for each layer to dry, so it was cool to see how the colors melded unpredictably.

  
Last time I mentioned this frame was probably meant for a Spring look, so I took a pic to show the uncolored leaves. Even just leaving the frame white would make a lovely Easter card with a different sentiment.

I stamped the Sizzix sentiment with VersaFine Clair ink and clear-heat embossed before using the matching dies to cut out the words. I left the inner frame border white - this really focuses your eyes on the center.

On the inside I stamped an I Brake For Stamps sentiment on a Spellbinders Labels die cut and colored the edge in purple very roughly.

On the back, I used a snippet of Flair Apples patterned paper from my stash, as well as a snippet strip of mulberry paper that has some gold shine. The siggie stamp is by Sugarloaf.

One last look. I really wish you could see the card in real life. It's so glittery and shiny!

CHALLENGES:
1.  Aud Sentiments #236: Sentiment + AG
2.  LTSCB #125: AG
3.  Moo Mania #200: Autumn Glory
4,  Your Scrapbook Place Sept.: AG
5.  Through the Craft Room Door Sept 24-30: AG
6.  Creative with Stamps #42: Autumn 
7.  Happy Little Stampers September AG with Dies 
8.  Double D Challenge: Focus on Sentiment 
9.  Colour Crazy Challenge Week 37: Ag with Colouring -- I colored my leaf frame using Smooch Inks.
10.  Brown Sugar #293: AG
11.  Outlawz Color Tuesday Sept. 24-Oct. 7: Tic-Tac-Toe -- I chose bottom row across: Die Cut (Frame) / Glitter (Wink of Stella Liquid Glitter) / Embossing (Heat-embossed sentiment)

Thanks so much for visiting me and allowing me to share my art with you. Have a great week ahead! XOX


11 comments:

Darlene said...

Another FABULOUS Fall creation! Great job my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘FOCUS ON THE SENTIMENT’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Inkyfingers said...

I really love that die and you created such a pretty card with it. O love the autumn colours and the paper you put on the back of the card is beautiful.
Hugs
Carol x

Heather said...

Great fall card!! That cover die looks really fabulous and I bet it looks amazing in real life with all that sparkle! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

froebelsternchen said...

Wow, stunning Aimeslee! Thank you for joining Moo Mania &More again!
I love your style!
Happy new week!
Susi xxx

Billie A said...

So creative and pretty. thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.
Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz
Crafty Sentiments

Rosie said...

Fantastic artwork here

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Darling card for MIL. Love the apples on the back.

Donna Phelan said...

Love the Foliage background and all of that sparkling WOS! Perfect sentiment for your pretty little card. I love this time of year!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Focus On The Sentiment Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

Maria Valente said...

So adorable! Thank you for playing along at Creative With Stamps this month.
Crafty hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Autumn card love the die and great apple paper on the back
carol x

Helen said...

I love this large die cut! It makes great cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge!