Monday, August 5, 2019

Naughty, Nice or Undecided?

Well, hey there, blogging friends! Long time no see. I unplugged from my blog and some from other social media for almost a week. I have been feeling blahhhh lately and although I did keep creating I took extra time for more sleep and relaxation aka doing nothing, lol.

The card I'm sharing today uses a digital image from PaperBabe Stamps called Santa's List. As soon as I saw it, I had to have it. I just love how he's studying his list and what a big hunk of a man he is! I'd printed him out on Office Depot 110# index stock and meant to make the card in time for PaperBabe's last challenge, Anything Goes. But that did not happen and now it's a Summer colors challenge! Hence, the colors I've used. And I went heavy on the blue because I'm linking to Jingle Belles' Blue Santa challenge as well.

  

Here you can see PaperBabe's color inspiration photo, left, and the current Outlawz Wednesday Sketch I used, right. I think I did pretty good with the colors AND keeping the blue dominant throughout the card.

The white card stock card base and sentiment is Office Depot 110# index. The patterned papers are all Lawn Fawn on the front. The ribbons and yellow stars are from my stash. The Neat & Tangled sentiment is stamped wuth VersaFine Clair, heat-embossed, fussy cut and popped up with dimensionals to accomodate the ribbons. I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Mustard Gold to the star groupings, arranged to give my card some eye movement. I colored Santa and his background with ProMarkers and distressed all paper edges with my Tim tool.

  
Here are some close-ups to see the glittery shimmer and shine made by applying Sakura metallic glitter gel pen to the stars in his pockets and his jingle bells hanging from his belt.

 I really like how these colors reside together, the warm reds and yellows against the cool blues.

 Inside my card I used Ranger Archival teal ink to stamp my sentiments, which are made by Casual Friday, Hot Off The Press and Hero Arts.

The back of my card uses my Lawn Fawn siggie stamp stamped with the Archival ink and one pretty large "snippet" of double-sided patterned paper that I cut into 3 pieces and used it all and both sides of it. Wish I could remember who made it. The strips at bottom are left over Lawn Fawn from making the front.

I have to admit, I wondered how these colors would work on a Christmas card. (Ya never know until ya try, right???) But....I likes it! I think the blue just lifts and brightens everything, as do the yellow touches. And it made me happy to color this Santa image up!

CHALLENGES:
1.  Outlawz Wednesday Sketch for July 24 - Aug. 6 - Sketch is shown above
2.  PaperBabe Stamps Challenge #99: Picture Inspiration - I used most of the colors, not the orange.  

3.  Jingle Belles JB:19:16: Blue Christmas
4.  Happy Little Stampers Christmas August: ACG + Opt. Jingle Belles - I have played the option. There are jingle bells hanging from Santa's belt.  

5.  Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Card Challenge: March Bundle Up - Santa is bundled up.
6.  12 Mos. Christmas Link-Up #56: ACG + Opt. Sparkle, Glitter & Bling - I've played the option.
7.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge #13: August Anything Christmas Goes
8.  Passion for ProMarkers Wk 504: Going Dotty - my base paper mat has white snow dots and I have a few Nuvo drop dots
9.  A Bit More Time To Craft #97: Always AG
10.  Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge August AG + Patterned Paper

That's all for me this time. Until next time, stay crafty! XOX

11 comments:

Ella's Design said...

Great card, Aimeslee! Love the way you've used non traditional colours with such a traditional image...although how anyone can even think about Christmas at this time of year, I will still never comprehend?! Ha, ha!
Thanks for playing along with my 'Going Dotty' challenge at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This card is super adorable. This is one of my favourite colour combinations believe it or not. Your Santa is coloured to perfection, and the layout is awesome. Good work Aimes.

Meggymay said...

It is a super colour combination and your Christmas card looks awesome, a super design.
I hope you are feeling better now.
Yvonne xx

SmilynStef said...

What a great father Christmas ... so glad you celebrated a BLUE Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Christmas card and great image-hope you are feeling better and refreshed after your break
Carol x

Lozzy said...

Love your Christmas card and great post..Thank you for joining us over at Paperbabe Stamps challenge and also A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge..good luck...hugs Lozzy xx

lauren bergold said...

oh wow i LOVE every single thing about this amazing blue creation! and the sentiment is AWESOME! so pleased to have this beauty in our "blue christmas" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I too hope you are feeling much better now, we all need to take a step back when we are feeling under the weather. I hope you are feeling much more refreshed now. Fabulous card, from colours to quote.. naughty & nice it's within us all hee hee!! Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Paperbabe stamps, great to see you over there. Best of luck with the challenge.
Creative wishes Tracey (DT)

Chrissie said...

That's a really cute sentiment... I think I'll have to remember that one!
It's great to see you joining in at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge
Thank you!
Chrissie

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun, festive card, Aimeslee and I hope you get in the nice column! Love all the distressed edges - gives a nice vintage look.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the embellishments!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!