Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Oh Happy Day of Joy & Wonder

Tuesday already? Geez! It's all moving too fast for me!

  
I have a retirement card to share today that I've made for a cousin who is leaving her job after 40 years. And I also have another Christmas card to share as well.


First to the retirement card: I used one of Sketch ~N~ Scrap's current sketches for July. I have no idea anymore where this rubber flower stamp came from, but I thought it went nicely with my American Traditional Designs flower-patterned paper. The blue card stock is SU and the light manilla yellow card base is something I picked up at Hobby Lobby many moons ago. The flowers were stamped on some of it also, as well as the front Avery Elle sentiment.

I used my 1.5" circle punch around the flowers and colored them with my ProMarkers. I made the light blue dimensional dots with my first bottle of Nuvo Drops (I have ordered several more! Me Likey!) This is an A2 card. The sentiment was stamped on a Lawn Fawn die cut. VersaFine Clair was used as the ink throughout.

The inside sentiments are by Pink By Design and Avery Elle.

The back uses an Impression Obsession siggie stamp on leftover scraps from the front.


CHALLENGES:
1.  Sketch ~N~ Scrap #149 - Sketch is shown above
2.  Stamping Sensations July Challenge: Earth Laughs in Flowers - my card features flowers that have been hand-stamped and colored with ProMarkers.
3.  Stamplorations Summer Theme & Sketch Challenge: Stamps + Anything Goes
4.  Country View July Challenge: Blues and Greens
5.  Crafty Creations #395: Always AG
6.  Colour Crazy Week 29: AG with Colouring - I colored my images with ProMarkers.
7.  Outlawz Festive Fridays July 26-Aug 5: Anything Goes (Happy Retirement)
________________________________________________________________________


Onto my Christmas Card next. I used a sketch from last week at Split Coast Stampers (no time deadlines). This is a 6x6 top fold card. White textured Bazzill card base and all other papers are from the Carta Bella So This Is Christmas collection, off-white velvet ric rac and tiny gold star sequins are  from my stash.

The totally adorable image is called Hanging Stockings from Mo's Digital Pencil store. I printed it out on Office Depot 110# index stock and trimmed the paper to the sketch element dimensions. But I felt it needed something in the background around the fireplace instead of just a solid color.

So, I stenciled the area with Tim's Woodgrain Layering Stencil, one of my new blending brushes and Distress Ink in Old Paper as it blended well with papers I chose. I applied the ink rather heavily and am glad I did. I like the subtle bit of texture and color without competing for color oxygen with the image's delightful characters.

I then set to coloring the image with my ProMarkers. I also outlined the edge in the darkest brown I used on the fireplace. I finished off the stocking hangers and angel on the mantle with a coating of Sakura metallic gel pen
I die cut a Spellbinders label in coordinating paper and used a Papertrey Ink sentiment stamp, placing it above the mantle like you would a mirror or painting. I originally wanted a wreath there but didn't have one small enough. I think the tiny stars are just perfect.

On the inside, I have seen some card makers stamping their sentiments at unusual angles, so I thought I would try here. Don't know as I particularly like it, LOL. Recipients will likely say I stamped it crooked. Well, yes, on purpose, LOL.

For the back of my card, I stamped a Sugarloaf siggie in the bottom right hand corner of this cute tree border design. Looking and comparing the front to the back, I felt this tree sheet complemented the front a lot. Similar mix of off-white and color.

Really glad I made this card. The image was so fun to color and the sketch elements were straightforward. And the stenciling was also fun and I think adds a lot to the overall look, especially as pertains to Jingle Belles challenge (see below).

CHALLENGES:
1.  Split Coast Stampers Sketch #SC758
2.  Jingle Belles JB:19:15: Rustic Fireside Glam
3.  Rudolf Days Challenge July: Anything Christmas Goes - I have played 10 challenges total.
4.  Christmas with the Cuties #29: Going Green
5.  Outlawz Monday Greetings July 22-Aug 4: Sentiment + Brads/Sequins/Gems - I have star sequins surrounding my sentiment.
6.  Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge #448: ACG + Opt. Twine or Ribbon - I've played the option and used velvet ric rac ribbon.
7.  Stamplorations Mixed Media Summer Challenge: Stencil + AG - I used a stencil on the image background.  

8.  I Love ProMarkers Challenge #389: AG + Opt. Christmas in July - I've played the option with my Christmas-themed card.
9.  Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #281: Anything Mo Goes + Opt. Christmas - I've used a Mo digital image and I've played the Christmas option.
10.  Aud Sentiments Challenge #23: Sentiment + For a Child

Well, that's all from me at the moment! I appreciate you hanging in there through 2 cards and many photos and sentences! As soon as I click on Publish I am going right back to finishing yet one more card, so I'll be back real soon! Thanks a bunch for coming by!  XOX

22 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Aimes, your cards are always a ray of sunshine for me. I really love your style. Your retirement card is beautiful and your Christmas card is just as adorable. Keep them coming.

Marjeta said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours yozu used. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy.

Lisa said...

Such beautiful cards! I love the amazing colors of the retirement card, it is very eye catching! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

StacyLee said...

What a great job with the Sketch N Scrap sketch, the flower stamp is so bright & cheery and love that Avery Elle sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

scrappymo! said...

Your Christmas card entry is so lovely. That was a great diea to make the wood grain background around the fireplace.
The image is really sweet and coloured so nicely.
Your finished inside and back of card are lovely.

Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the gorgeous Christmas card that you've made. It had a vintage feel to it. Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Days challenge this month and good luck in the draw.


Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi aimslee,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a very delightful card and such a lovely design too.
Love that sweet image used.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Love that sentiment for the retirement card! Really fun. And the layers on the Christmas card make me so happy. Lovely job on both! Thank you so much for sharing and also for being a regular visitor to my blog. I appreciate you!

lauren bergold said...

such a sweet card and a cool job of adding the woodgrain with masking. so pleased you could join our inspiration photo fun at JINGLE BELLES!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic selection of beautiful cards,here and on your posts that I have misses. This retirement card is lovely and the christmas card an absolutely delightful image.
Yvonne xx

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card and love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketch N Scrap :)
Tina-DT

SmilynStef said...

love your little fireside scene ... so glad you shared your inspired design with us at Jingle Belles.

Sharon Fontenot said...

Those lime green mats make those circles really show up. Fun card. Sketch N Scrap appreciates your participation. Thank you for playing along.
Sharon Fontenot
higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

Jane said...

Lovely work. Thanks so much for entering your blue and green card into our July challenge over at Country View xx

Pat said...

Look at all of this gorgeousness!! I love that you decorate the front, inside, and back of your cards! This is truly a work of art!! Thanks so much for joining us at Mo’s Challenge Blog!!
Hugs, Pat Frank

Sheryl said...

Wow there is such a lot of detail in your Christmas card. Fantastic work.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at I Love Promarkers looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
ILP DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely blue and greens ! Thanks for joining my challenge at Country View Challenges ! Corrie x

Catie Cuddles said...

A fabulous Christmas card.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Billie A said...

Pretty cards. Love the Christmas card you entered over at Aud Sentiments. Cute scene and so glad you shared.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful card love the cute Christmas image and stencilling-love the bright coloured retirement card and wow 40yrs not many jobs last that long nowadays
carol x

froebelsternchen said...

Delightful makes are these! You are such a card maker pro!
Big hugs,
Susi xxx

Lynne said...

A lovely sweet image for your Christmas card. Thank you for joining in at Christmas with the Cuties. Lynne DT