Sunday, July 28, 2019

Hawaiian Circles

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone's weekend was refreshing and enjoyable. Honey and I pigged out today on a crock pot roast with potatoes, veggies, gravy and yeast rolls. He is such a good cook and yes it's almost deliciously impossible to lose any weight around him, lol.

Today I have a tag to share, one of my summer home decorations that is decorated on both sides of the tag. I have had the elements die cut and colored and fussy cut in a shoebox lid for months, leftover from another tag I made. I had stamped and die cut too many for that first tag and of course I cannot bear to trash anything so today I just picked it up and worked it, using only what was there, except for two additional stamps. I'm glad I got to use the critters - I had put quite a lot of effort into Hula Kat, paper-piecing multiple layers of her skirt. Did not want to trash that!


 
I try to play at Tag Tuesday as much as I can and the current theme is Circles, so I thought I would put some circles in the sky. On the Hula Kitty side, I took a Stamplorations stencil called Confetti Circles and after I had sponged the sky with my Distress Inks, I laid the stencil down and used a baby wipe to lighten the open areas. I have several polka dot stencils, but I decided against them as I was afraid it would look like rain or snow. Trouble is, this stencil's too big for my substrate so you just see dotted curved lines. So failing that, I punted and reached for Autumn Leaves Feeling Groovy circle stamp which I added in VersaFine Clair Rain Forest and clear-heat-embossed, so I would have an evident circle. I also added Lawn Fawn's Aloha stamp in the Avery Elle die cut cloud with VersaFine Clair Summertime orange and clear-heat-embossed. I outlined it in black with my Epic pen. Hula Kat is by The Cat's Pajamas, the hut is by Sugarloaf, and the jungle vine is by Clear Dollar (it is stamped on deli paper, trimmed and adhered with glue stick). I used Distress Inks on the sky and my ProMarkers to color the sand and all images. I colored over the biggest leaves (pencil over marker) and outlined the stamped vine with a green Aquarelle pencil.

 For the back side of the tag, I used the Moon Doggy stamp by The Cat's Pajamas, Interlocking Backdrop Walkway stamp by Lawn Fawn, and Impression Obsession palm tree and Avery Elle Aloha dies. I had already stamped the walkway on deli paper so I trimmed it and adhered it with a glue stick.
For my circles on this side of the tag, I took my ROUND Tim blending tool and after applying a light coat of ink in Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass, I used the tool to stamp Stormy Sky circles all over the sky.  I colored the sand with my ProMarkers. All my images were colored with them as well.

So, one more home dec made and one more shoebox lid emptied - Yay! You know, I almost forgot, the tag itself was die cut from a very old Accucut ZipE steel cut wood die. I actually cut two and then adhered them together with Scor-Tape and Tonic craft glue (which I am still loving!). To finish, I ran a blue ProMarker chisel tip around the tag's sky edges and a brown one on the sand edges. And I used my smallest circle punch to cut a bigger hole at top, even though I have no idea at this time if I'm going to thread anything through it.

CHALLENGES:
1.  Tag Tuesday: Circles
2.  Tagplorations Summer Challenge: Any Theme with a Tag
 
3.  I Love ProMarkers #389: AG + Opt. Christmas in July - I did not play the option!
4.  Colour Crazy Week 28: AG with Colouring - Used ProMarkers, colored pencil, Distress Inks.
5.  HLS July Challenge: AG with DIES 
6.  Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge #44: Furrything Goes - I have featured Hula Kat on the front of my tag.
7.  Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes: Four Seasons - my tag is Summer.
8.  Catch the Bug Color Challenge: See Photo   - I used these colors.
9.  Time Out Challenge #140: Home Sweet Home Photo Inspiration - I took inspiration from the BEACH sign as my tag scene is the beach.  
10. Cut It Up #179: Critters - I have a cat on the front and a dog on the back of my project.
11.  Pixie's Snippets Playground #357: AG with a Snippet - All leftovers from previous projects and yes, include me in the draw, please and thank you!

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope we all have a good week ahead! XOX

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tag Aimeslee, thanks so much for joining us again at Tag Tuesday, Valerie

sandie said...

Sounds like your Sunday was fun! And so pleased you kept all those elements to make such an amazing tag-love you decorated both sides-I think you did a great job with the background even though it took a while for you to decide-the perfect sky for such a gorgeous scene and you chose the lovely Summer colours-oh I wish I was there! Fab to see you at Time Out

Hannapanna said...

Such a fun tag. Love that it's so colourful. Thanks for joining us over at Colour Crazy Challenge and good luck.

- Hanna, DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tag and great recycling and using leftovers-just love hula kitty
Carol x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Wow! Each side is an accomplishment in itself. Both sides are gorgeous and tell stories, which I love.

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Critter challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

WendyK said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely colourful tags with us on Tag Tuesday.

ike said...

OMGoodness - how delightful. Those Hawaiian critters are adorable :-)
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges with your Hula Cat :-D =^..^=
Hugz
IKE

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Pia S said...

An inspiring project! I struggle making tags myself, so little space to create on, but more than enough for you it seems. It's a fantastic summery tag. Thanks for joining our challenge at Catch the Bug!

Di said...

Brilliant tag! It's such fun and shouts Summer!

Sorry I'm late commenting - blame Dudley Dog :)

Hugs

Di xx

Anita in France said...

What a cool dude, Aimeslee ... and how inviting is that scene you created for him ... I could be there! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Lisa Bird said...

I love these tag designs :) Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Larelyn said...

Oh my goodness, the critters on your tag are just fabulous! Love, love, love! Thanks for joining our Critter challenge at Cut it Up Challenge Blog.