Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Birthday Wishes Guy Card

Hello Hello! I'm squeezing birthday cards in between Christmas cards (and I need to begin the same thing with Halloween/Thanksgiving cards). We have a fair amount of friends born in July-August and as my knowledge of astrology tells me, it's best to keep my Leos happy with attention, so they all must get a card! And as most of them are guys, that means I must meet my nemesis THE GUY CARD head-on, Hahaha. Argh! Guy cards test me, so easy to get wrong. Nevertheless, here's one recent attempt for a guy friend who loves his motorcycle and is turning 67.

I made a side-opening 6x6 card using some Chatterbox 12x12 card stock in a bright yellow, also using it for the top diamond element back-dropping the stamped, heat-embossed and fussy cut Artistic Outpost motorcycle. I also used kraft card stock from my stash (have no idea anymore who made it) to cut the rectangles the W Plus 9 sentiments and the motorcycle are stamped on and the center diamond mat. Spellbinders Classic Squares were used to cut the diamonds.


I used a Split Coast Stampers sketch from earlier this year (no deadlines). I resized it to 6x6 in PSE.

And for my patterned paper? I have an assortment of both atlas maps and those foldable ones you used to could get at service stations. I chose a foldable map of Florida because our friend's daughter lives there and he rides his bike from here in Texas to Florida to visit her several times a year.

On the inside of this card, I scanned in a Route 66 highway sign image I had and changed it to Route 67 in PSE and printed out because he turned 67. The stamps used on the right hand side are by Hero Arts. Memento Tuxedo ink was used throughout except for the back siggie.

On the back of the card, more Florida map and snippets leftover from making the front. I can't emphasize enough how much our friend loves riding his bike. He's semi-retired and he says it relaxes him to go for a long ride. Me, I'd be stressed out about being on the roads with all the cars and trucks, but it doesn't phase him. To each his own. But I'm sure glad Honey isn't into them. I'd be a nervous wreck!

Many moons ago I bought rubber stamps from a company named Stamp Magick and they had the coolest assortment of siggie stamps and this is one of them. Our friend would like the pun so I used it, stamping in VersaMark and heat-embossing in Ranger Fern Green EP.

All in all, I think I did well with this guy card, tailoring it to the recipient and keeping things masculine hopefully.

CHALLENGES:
1.  Split Coast Stampers Sketch 754 - Sketch is shown above.
2.  Outlawz Color Tuesdays: Yellows 
3.  Time Out Challenge #141: Relaxation + Opt. 1-Layer Card - I did not play the optional twist. The recipient rides his bike for relaxation.
4.  Take A Word: Masculine
5.  TioT: Wish You Were Here - the recipient of this card will wish he were on his bike when he sees this, lol. And if they were not so dangerous, I might also.  
6.  A Bit More Time To Craft #97: Always AG
7.  Brown Sugar #292: AG
8.  Crafts Galore Encore #66: Always AG
9.  Creative Crafters #18: AG
10.  YSBP August Challenge: Always AG

Thanks so much for dropping by. You are always welcome here! That's all I have this time. Until next time, Stay Crafty! XOX


14 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Well, you definitely nailed it here, Aimeslee - this is THE perfect card for a biker! I was married to one and my ex was also one, plus a Superbike fanatic, with 3 Ducatis, so I have firsthand experience of these monsters! I DO love the rumble of a nice bike, though, lol.
Once again, your attention to detail on the insides and back of the card are a real delight - everything tailored to the guy for whom you made the card. You amaze me!
Thank you so much for playing in our 'Wish you were here' challenge at Try it on Tuesday.
Cath x
PS...Years ago, I got a REALLY good old 'geezer' on a bike stamp from I Brake for Stamps...I think you'd like it!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card and great design with the maps and motorbike -funnily enough was speaking to a neighbour yest who recently retired and looking forward to getting out more on his motorbike
Carol x

Taluula said...

Nicely done.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a super card. I just LOVE maps and it makes a cool background. Thanks for joining us at try It On Tuesday! This card fits the bill. Hugs-Erika

indybev said...


A very cleverly constructed guy card! Well done.

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely this. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Creative Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Wendy DT Member for https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

Joyce said...

What a fabulous masculine card, with so many wonderful details. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic designed Aimeslee. Thank you for joining Try it on Tuesday!
Susi xxx

Meggymay said...

A fabulous male card, I love your take on our TIOT'S theme, thank you for linking there. The bike foe sure would take its owner to many many interesting destinations.
Yvonne xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fantastic job. You nailed it with the map. Such a delightful card.

Gerrina said...

That is a fine active way of relaxation! Beautiful masculine card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! I can't imagine how you would better this even if you loved making 'Guy' cards! It really is a fabulous design - the map paper really is about the fun this guy will have on his bike! I'm so pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Thank You! Chrisx

Jacq said...

What a fabulous male card Aimeslee! I might have to steal both your idea and that stamp! That's quite the trip your friend does, from Texas to Florida. I don't mind going on the back of the bike but that's a bit far for me! :)

Thanks for playing along with us at The Outlawz Colour Challenge.

Jacqui
The Outlawz DT

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous masculine card Aimeslee, you certainly don't look as if you've a problem creating 'guy' cards. Love the design and as always the attention to detail is second to none, love the way your card is decorated on all four sides and that little hand made stamp is so cool.
I'm so pleased you linked this up with us at Try it on Tuesday, Avril xx